• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
sounds like you ate Panda Express? didn't know you had them in PR
That is correct. We went out to buy stuff at Sams and decided to grab something quick. I might not eat dinner tonight.

And in other news dad made an homophobic just now when Mom asked if the one singing was a woman and dad said almost and then said it was a gay man. Sigh.

Halcyon

Friend back home is pregnant by some deadbeat with two kids he doesn't even take care of already.

Sigh.

And apparently they're having a wedding this summer.

Sigh.

What would a better outcome be? Should he throw his other kids off a cliff in some sort of tribal ritual like one of the Conan movies which I'm forgetting which exact one it is but I know it had Conan in it and dead kids.

What would a better outcome be? Should he throw his other kids off a cliff in some sort of tribal ritual like one of the Conan movies which I'm forgetting which exact one it is but I know it had Conan in it and dead kids.

Um...dude's an absolute loser and emotionally manipulates her and is wicked controlling, she shouldn't have gotten with him in the first place.

We all fucking told her he was bad news but she didn't listen. Girl's got a BA from a nice university but instead she smokes weed with him all day and doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Did they not use condoms? Was she not on the pill?

Jesus fuck. Safe sex isn't rocket science people.

Nah it was fucking planned. Both work minimum wage jobs but she said that "they wanted to get a jump start on having a family."

Halcyon

Um...dude's an absolute loser and emotionally manipulates her and is wicked controlling, she shouldn't have gotten with him in the first place.

We all fucking told her he was bad news but she didn't listen. Girl's got a BA from a nice university but instead she smokes weed with him all day and doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Nah it was fucking planned. Both work minimum wage jobs but she said that "they wanted to get a jump start on having a family."

They might make it. People grow. My sister banged some guy that seemed functionally retarded but she's still with him 16 years later.

I say always look on the bright side of life. And get them an electric food dehydrator for the wedding. Everybody loves jerkey.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm familiar with the opposite case. She just wanted a husband at all costs and latched onto him like a crab, sealing the deal right after with a bunch of kids that he obviously loves to death.

The worst part is not being able to tell them how much they are fucking up since they'll take the smallest amount of criticism (or even advice) as a direct insult. But the most vexing thing is that he's damn smart. He should have been able to see that from afar, but nope.

I'm familiar with the opposite case. She just wanted a husband at all costs and latched onto him like a crab, sealing the deal right after with a bunch of kids that he obviously loves to death.

The worst part is not being able to tell them how much they are fucking up since they'll take the smallest amount of criticism (or even advice) as a direct insult. But the most vexing thing is that he's damn smart. He should have been able to see that from afar, but nope.

She's never had a real boyfriend before him. All the guys she's been with use her and leave her and I think she has self esteem issues so she never felt like she was good enough. And then this fuckboy rolls around, tells her everything she wants to hear, and she latches onto him and the attention that he gives her like a leech. She probably doesn't feel like she deserves better and she settles in everything that she does (she's been working this fucking job for 3 years now; she has enough experience to find something better but she won't look). I don't know. She's written our group of friends off and keeps us at a distance because she knows we don't approve. Even her family doesn't like him but she told them to fuck off and I KNOW she would choose him over them in a heartbeat.

I know I'm gonna get an invite to this fucking wedding but god bless the fact that I'm gonna have to save my leave for Xmas time.

Halcyon

We bought a $400 blender for some dumb fucking reason:

vitamix-5200.jpg

THE ICE WON'T GET STUCK IN THE BLADES FOR A FEW SECONDS LIKE THAT $30 JOB. ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Misha

Banned
She's never had a real boyfriend before him. All the guys she's been with use her and leave her and I think she has self esteem issues so she never felt like she was good enough. And then this fuckboy rolls around, tells her everything she wants to hear, and she latches onto him and the attention that he gives her like a leech. She probably doesn't feel like she deserves better and she settles in everything that she does (she's been working this fucking job for 3 years now; she has enough experience to find something better but she won't look). I don't know. She's written our group of friends off and keeps us at a distance because she knows we don't approve. Even her family doesn't like him but she told them to fuck off and I KNOW she would choose him over them in a heartbeat.

I know I'm gonna get an invite to this fucking wedding but god bless the fact that I'm gonna have to save my leave for Xmas time.
how does she feel about divorce? I know some people who are religious enough to not believe in divorce so as soon as they make a bad marriage decision, they're stuck for life

of course he could leave her like my mom's best friend's husband did. he was a surfer guy and he just left her and their kid and never even bothered legally breaking it off

how does she feel about divorce? I know some people who are religious enough to not believe in divorce so as soon as they make a bad marriage decision, they're stuck for life

of course he could leave her like my mom's best friend's husband did. he was a surfer guy and he just left her and their kid and never even bothered legally breaking it off

She's fine with divorce, but she won't ever leave him. She settles, gets stuck somewhere and allows herself to get comfortable with her shitty situation. And then she gets too lazy / scared to do anything about it.

And he fucking knows this, he knows all the self-esteem issues she has, and he uses that against her all the fucking time. He abuses her emotionally and I'm not going to fucking sit at that wedding and watch them get married.

Somnia

Good god this sounds identical to my step sister. I mean almost 100% the exact same situation. She is still married to the guy now 3 years later and she has basically disowned her family.

I haven't personally talked to her in almost 5 years after my Dad and her Mom got divorced. They have two kids together to my knowledge last I heard, both working dead end jobs and not even trying to improve things. The thing is she went through the Air Force and went to college after and actually had a really great job in St. Louis till she met this guy, quit that job, moved back up to a small town near this area and then started working at a gas station.

I know her Mom tried her best to get her help for drugs and tried to get her out of the relationship when she saw what was happening, but obviously that didn't work.

Misha

Banned
She's fine with divorce, but she won't ever leave him. She settles, gets stuck somewhere and allows herself to get comfortable with her shitty situation. And then she gets too lazy / scared to do anything about it.

And he fucking knows this, he knows all the self-esteem issues she has, and he uses that against her all the fucking time. He abuses her emotionally and I'm not going to fucking sit at that wedding and watch them get married.

I mean that if he's as bad as he sounds there might be a breaking point for her someday. For someone who has a problem and doesn't want to admit/confront it, I think its usually good to leave that lifeline out there for them and give them the space so they can choose to use it on their own. Its hard to watch them struggle but its only worse for them to be pushed away
At the very least thats my philosophy for such things

and for a (more) positive version of this situation: my cousin (not actually related tbh. aunt by marriage's nephew) had the same situation with a woman who was controlling. he dropped out of college and worked at walmart for years. they eventually divorced till she guilted him to get back together. since then they divorced again and he realized his mistake and started schooling again and has been enjoying his time with his daughter more. took like 12 years but he finally turned things around

marrec

Banned
We bought a $400 blender for some dumb fucking reason:

THE ICE WON'T GET STUCK IN THE BLADES FOR A FEW SECONDS LIKE THAT $30 JOB. ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT.

I settled for one of them Ninja blenders.

I dunno how to tell you this but uh...

Ice... Ice doesn't get stuck in the blades of my Ninja blender.

One of, if not the, stupidest thing anyone could do. Fucking selfish idiots.

I will always be happy that my sister and I decided to never have children within years of each other.

As someone who grew up in poverty, fuck off if you want to raise kids on a minimum wage salary. My former friend did this and had a nervous breakdown in a span of two kids, in two years.

So goddamned infuriating to see this shit all over in my hometown and all over the county.

As someone who had issues with self-esteem in the past....I feel like punching a wall after reading your posts about them.

Jobbs

Banned
The scene in the americans
where they told the kids over dinner that they were separating was excruciating. Parents are selfish dickheads. "We're going to shatter your lives, kids, because we don't like eachother lately" suck it up and keep it together you fuckers

I mean that if he's as bad as he sounds there might be a breaking point for her someday. For someone who has a problem and doesn't want to admit/confront it, I think its usually good to leave that lifeline out there for them and give them the space so they can choose to use it on their own. Its hard to watch them struggle but its only worse for them to be pushed away
At the very least thats my philosophy for such things

She doesn't even see that she's struggling or that she's going to accomplish nothing with her life.

My other friends who hate him just as much as I do are going, but they all live in the area. It's a legit excuse when I say I have to save my leave.

As someone who had issues with self-esteem in the past....I feel like punching a wall after reading your posts about them.

Did I...did I say something bad :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I will always be happy that my sister and I decided to never have children within years of each other.

As someone who grew up in poverty, fuck off if you want to raise kids on a minimum wage salary. My former friend did this and had a nervous breakdown in a span of two kids, in two years.

So goddamned infuriating to see this shit all over in my hometown and all over the county.

Yep. And it's not even about the parents. They are bringing new life into an already shitty situation. Those kids can't choose where they are born, but because their parents were selfish they now have to grow up in a poverty stricken household and deal with all of that shit throughout life.

Halcyon

I settled for one of them Ninja blenders.

I dunno how to tell you this but uh...

Ice... Ice doesn't get stuck in the blades of my Ninja blender.

I know. That was just one of the battles I lost awhile back. She wanted one and basically idolized these things.

I'm all "it's a fucking blender" and wanted to grab a walmart, but she was deadset on this. All the big chefs use them. We can make our own peanut butter and salsa. It will last way longer. I'll make smoothies every day!!!1111

It does blend the shit out of stuff, but there's no way it was worth that money.

Jobbs

Banned
must make more people

must make more people

:: gyrates ::

little kids are so cute, their tiny little kiddo hands will melt your heart

marrec

Banned
I know. That was just one of the battles I lost awhile back. She wanted one and basically idolized these things.

I'm all "it's a fucking blender" and wanted to grab a walmart, but she was deadset on this. All the big chefs use them. We can make our own peanut butter and salsa. It will last way longer. I'll make smoothies every day!!!1111

It does blend the shit out of stuff, but there's no way it was worth that money.

Yea I can't fathom what would make it worth 400 dollars but gotta pick your battles I guess.

It'll probably outlast my Ninja who knows. I make my own almond butter and salsa though it's dope.

Misha

Banned
She doesn't even see that she's struggling or that she's going to accomplish nothing with her life.

My other friends who hate him just as much as I do are going, but they all live in the area. It's a legit excuse when I say I have to save my leave.

Did I...did I say something bad :(

I'm not criticizing you for not going, more just saying that telling her how bad he is I dont' think would help. though usually when i say those kinds of things, people say "yeah thats what i was trying to do". but yeah when someone's struggling and not wiling to agree with you on why its always good to drop a "if theres ever something wrong and you'd like my help, let me know *wink* *wink* *wink*"

I went to a shotgun wedding 5 years ago and it was misery. I needed a drink because the girl was pregnant and the guy was trying to get on disability at the time and was not working at the time.

I could see this poor dude's life being sucked out of him, by his eyes.

Contrast that to the pastor's kid and her BF having a college education and that wedding was just fine.

They held the wedding party at a winery and FREE ALCOHOL!!!

Somnia

I'm not criticizing you for not going, more just saying that telling her how bad he is I dont' think would help. though usually when i say those kinds of things, people say "yeah thats what i was trying to do". but yeah when someone's struggling and not wiling to agree with you on why its always good to drop a "if theres ever something wrong and you'd like my help, let me know *wink* *wink* *wink*"

I would have to agree here that the best course of action now is just to let her know you're there for her even though you can't make the wedding (when you get an invite). Pushing her harder on how bad of a guy he is will just make her start rejecting you at this point based off what you're saying.

Just be there when she needs you, even though it hurts to see her making the wrong decision there's only so much that can be done by others.

I would have to agree here that the best course of action now is just to let her know you're there for her even though you can't make the wedding (when you get an invite). Pushing her harder on how bad of a guy he is will just make her start rejecting you at this point based off what you're saying.

Just be there when she needs you, even though it hurts to see her making the wrong decision there's only so much that can be done by others.

I mean, yeah, I get that. I've told her I disapprove but we're still friends. Kind of. Distance is hard.

Yep. And it's not even about the parents. They are bringing new life into an already shitty situation. Those kids can't choose where they are born, but because their parents were selfish they now have to grow up in a poverty stricken household and deal with all of that shit throughout life.

This post is 💯 all damn day long

Jobbs

Banned
I won't go into the fucked up situations of a certain sibling and their spousal choice and the carnage it's caused

Suffice it to say, people are dumb, everyone's dumb but me, and I understand fucked up situations

Misha

Banned
I went to a shotgun wedding 5 years ago and it was misery. I needed a drink because the girl was pregnant and the guy was trying to get on disability at the time and was not working at the time.

Contrast that to the pastor's kid and her BF having a college education and that wedding was just fine.

just a year and a half after my last relationship broke up, bam my ex had a shotgun wedding. I was sorta split between feeling like i dodged a bullet or feeling guilty that my shitty way of breaking up might have partially led to it
I mean, yeah, I get that. I've told her I disapprove but we're still friends. Kind of. Distance is hard.

thats good. sorry if I'm overstepping here. hope it works out in the end

Somnia

Yep to the bolded. I tried my best to stay friends with a lot of people after I moved away, only talk to a couple of my friends anymore on a regular basis. I have a lot of them on facebook so I get to keep up with everyone, but ya distance changes a lot of that.

Sex ed is so bad in this country. I wonder if they even had proper sex ed in school or if it was all "abstinence only" bullshit.

Somnia

Sex ed is so bad in this country. I wonder if they even had proper sex ed in school or if it was all "abstinence only" bullshit.

All I remember is our sex ed teacher was also the football coach, 90% of class ended up being a few of us sitting in the back playing poker.

I do remember the "pregnancy" video, but other than that all I remember is hanging out with friends playing cards in that class.

just a year and a half after my last relationship broke up, bam my ex had a shotgun wedding. I was sorta split between feeling like i dodged a bullet or feeling guilty that my shitty way of breaking up might have partially led to it

Do not feel guilty.

You dodged a huge bullet, christ.

Misha

Banned
Although, having friends does sometimes lead to being invited to weddings with open bars.

Hmm...

Decisions.
friends always seem to forget to invite me to their weddings :(
I never had sex ed
because i doubled up on math and didn't have time that year. but still...

marrec

Banned
friends always seem to forget to invite me to their weddings :(

If I ever have a wedding you're invited.

It won't be open bar though, because by then I'll be like "I just got my '5 years sober" badge so I can't have alcohol at my wedding".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom