• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SystemBug

How do you leave out Chloe? This post is the worst.

Never got into Agents so sue me.

Also I thought Friends was universal?

I'm in my early 20's so I watched that stuff. But I had a stranger upbringing as I also was a semi-80s kid due to the shit I watched.

Never watched How I Met Your Mother. I was in my "I'm too cool for the popular stuff" phase.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I've always hated Friends.
giphy.gif

Misha

Banned
Oh sweet innocent lilith. Sometimes I forget you're 23. Practically a newborn babe! The movie Hook, the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact, The Macarena- you missed it all.

macarena was still a think for years and my school played hook at least once during downtime (in addition to others like sandlot and the rookie)

but yeah friends, not quite the right age for. I was still watching Lizzie McGuire when it was on

(also 23 btw)

Had to go to another food company yesterday, to pick up chemical as purchasing didn't order enough for us. Didn't realise I was standing at the front lobby of an abattoir when I saw the lorry parked out front had a bunch of cows, one of which was looking at me with the help me eyes.

Not gonna lie, almost went vegetarian right there.

Joey and Chandler are way more relatable characters in Friends then all the others in the show

But most of us grew up to be more Seinfeld then Friends.

Somnia

Anyways I'm at the squadron picnic and everyone is being so inviting. It's so great. I'm so excited to be here.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Why am I working late tonight when my friends are going to an amazing local pizza place :(

fail on my part

edit: lol I literally just now saw the bolded, at least you're getting food... right?

Aren't you the same age as me, maybe slightly younger?

You're definitely old enough to have watched Friends

ANYWAY DAREDEVIL TIME SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW

None of my peers watched the show in its prime and my parents never had it on either. I only really found out about the show after it was done airing.

Oh sweet innocent lilith. Sometimes I forget you're 23. Practically a newborn babe! The movie Hook, the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact, The Macarena- you missed it all.

I confess myself slightly disappointed that this isn't a Mouth Silence link. Yeah, I missed a lot of stuff. For example, I finally watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time a couple nights ago.

Somnia

None of my peers watched the show in its prime and my parents never had it on either. I only really found out about the show after it was done airing.

I confess myself slightly disappointed that this isn't a Mouth Silence link. Yeah, I missed a lot of stuff. For example, I finally watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time a couple nights ago.

Curious what you thought of it?

edit: Also there's all the time in the world to watch some classic movies!

Curious what you thought of it?

edit: Also there's all the time in the world to watch some classic movies!

Silence of the Lambs is the metric of being a teenager in the '90s? I'm younger (or older) than I thought.

I don't know what it's a metric of except that I hold an intrinsic distaste for movies that are older than me. Basically my taste is so formed on modern sensibilities that the only old movies I can enjoy in full are Star Wars. There might be a handful of others but if so I'm forgetting them.

I liked Silence of the Lambs. Except for a few parts, it doesn't wear its age on its sleeve, and it was obviously a brilliant movie to begin with. Plus I love lore about psychopathy and insane asylums.

Somnia

I don't know what it's a metric of except that I hold an intrinsic distaste for movies that are older than me. Basically my taste is so formed on modern sensibilities that the only old movies I can enjoy in full are Star Wars. There might be a handful of others but if so I'm forgetting them.

I liked Silence of the Lambs. Except for a few parts, it doesn't wear its age on its sleeve, and it was obviously a brilliant movie to begin with. Plus I love lore about psychopathy and insane asylums.

Watch Lilith... ok don't it's from 1964 and you probably won't like it, but I thought it was fitting :)

Halcyon

So things like Wizard of Oz, Sound of Music, Christmas Movies, Disney classics. None of those either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom