• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay! even though that exam won't be coming up trabhouse :l man, as if oral exams aren't the worst thing anyway. I can't talk. especially if someone is grading what I'm saying moiwecrmeicrvfdgre

ooh neato!! can't wait for the final result and your PAX t-shirt giveaway. *buy my game*

haha sand sounds romantic.

speaking of...I hate how every guy seems to be still hung up on some ex. ~.~ I don't wanna hear it. this is really becoming annoying. I need to find someone with 0 exes but extraordinary relationship skills. can someone take my order pls? I'll be paying in virtual high-fives.

lmao

Jobbs

Banned
Jack just jumped into my arms on the couch, out of nowhere, almost taking the wind out of me (he's a BIG boy) and then he wanted to hug for a long time.

fO4IxP5.jpg

Thanks pal. Thanks a lot.

I think I need to brush this guy.

Agh talking about exes to prospective dates? Who does that?

I'm sorta hung up on an ex (to the same degree most people probably are) but I know not to ever talk about it! If I'm going to go out with someone I keep the conversation about the person I'm out with and things relevant to her, I mean, I'm not a guru that just seems like common sense!

every fucking dude. I mean it's okay to mention it but I really don't wanna get involved in any unresolved drama. it shouldn't be a prominent issue, I agree with you on this.

Lack of sleep is kicking in

I think that you are searching a mythological creature

I am aware of that, that's the frustrating part. man. people suck.

Jobbs

Banned
99% sure I'm doing this now... Playing Japanese Dark Souls 3 this week. God help me.

every fucking dude. I mean it's okay to mention it but I really don't wanna get involved in any unresolved drama. it shouldn't be a prominent issue, I agree with you on this.

Why can't everyone be smart and with it like us?

:: says christian prayer ::

Maybe this'll help once again

Just finished Daredevil

God I love Marvel and nothing can be said to make me feel otherwise

speaking of...I hate how every guy seems to be still hung up on some ex. ~.~ I don't wanna hear it. this is really becoming annoying. I need to find someone with 0 exes but extraordinary relationship skills. can someone take my order pls? I'll be paying in virtual high-fives.

I've got half of that down

Can I have the virtual high five anyway?

fvWGl3a.gif

FloatOn

Just watched that vaatividya early review of dark souls 3

My thirst for that game is going to drive me crazy. BUT I am in complete agreement that being able to warp at the beginning is bad design

99% sure I'm doing this now... Playing Japanese Dark Souls 3 this week. God help me.

Why can't everyone be smart and with it like us?

:: says christian prayer ::

Maybe this'll help once again

yeah I should start praying too. I've tried all other options and there's nothing else left.
brb listening to common children and other christian signed emo.

I've got half of that down

Can I have the virtual high five anyway?

anytime.
high-five-gif-4.gif

No gonna lie, ive made the mistake of bringing up the mention of an ex on a number of dates. Theres no introduction of drama, but i was totally unaware i was even doing it and it wasnt like i was hung up on my ex, it just seemed like i had a good story to tell, which involved my ex.

Anyway, making an effort from today to not drink as much as Im used to every weekend. Im going to die before i reach 30 at this rate, wasting myself like real trash.

Happy Sunday everyone! :D

Just watched that vaatividya early review of dark souls 3

My thirst for that game is going to drive me crazy. BUT I am in complete agreement that being able to warp at the beginning is bad design

I like the fast travel option in GTA: taking a taxi. You have to pay for it, and you have to pay extra if you want to get there instantly. It's barely any money, so there's no real cost, but it's just enough to make you think "maybe I shouldn't."

But I'm hilarious and I've never won anyone over :c

Do you make women laugh or just yourself? Finding yourself funny is great! But it's not what I was talking about. :)

No gonna lie, ive made the mistake of bringing up the mention of an ex on a number of dates. Theres no introduction of drama, but i was totally unaware i was even doing it and it wasnt like i was hung up on my ex, it just seemed like i had a good story to tell, which involved my ex.

Anyway, making an effort from today to not drink as much as Im used to every weekend. Im going to die before i reach 30 at this rate, wasting myself like real trash.
good for you! we're here for support if you need it *fistbump*
I completely understand you, I am going through the similar stuff, but female related :p
And I would also need a prayer. First for a new job and then for normal GF :)

let's just all pray for jobs and non-psycho relationships for each other!

Jobbs

Banned
fast bonfire travel from the start *absolutely* detracts from the souls design. In Souls 1, the feeling of placement -- Placement mattering -- gave a sense of heft and meaning to the world and environment that can't be understated.

I am 100% against bonfire warping from the start (eventually adding it in the later sections of the game is fine) but I think the dummies just have to win this one. I can live with it.

Made my friend laugh while she was drinking something and she spat it out all over my face, which only made her laugh harder.

I can't remember ever seeing a real spit take. I would probably laugh too!

fast bonfire travel from the start *absolutely* detracts from the souls design. In Souls 1, the feeling of placement -- Placement mattering -- gave a sense of heft and meaning to the world and environment that can't be understated.

I am 100% against bonfire warping from the start (eventually adding it in the later sections of the game is fine) but I think the dummies just have to win this one. I can live with it.

How do you feel about Salt & Sanctuary's solution, assuming you've found it? It's technically available from the start but it's not that simple.
offer a stone guide to one of the sanctuaries of your creed, then you can fast travel from any other sanctuary from one with a guide.

I'm fine with the bonfire placement in DS1.

I've still never finished Demon's Souls because of having to go through each level completely if you fail. #fuckKingAllant

zeemumu

If you can't have bonfire warping then at least get whoever designed the shortcuts for Bloodborne. Those were perfect and cut down on the need for multiple bonfires because several paths would inevitably loop back to the same area, so unless you were backtracking a hilarious or to an area that was other unreachable you didn't need to warp that often.

I sensed this shit right from the start. the feeling from the original game will just be lost forever. probably.

Jobbs

Banned
I can't remember ever seeing a real spit take. I would probably laugh too!

How do you feel about Salt & Sanctuary's solution, assuming you've found it? It's technically available from the start but it's not that simple.
offer a stone guide to one of the sanctuaries of your creed, then you can fast travel from any other sanctuary from one with a guide.

I'm more forgiving of this due to the 2d nature and some of the inherent differences that causes, (it's harder to use all your senses to navigate since the game takes place in a more arbitrary, stylized two dimensional reality) and the fact that there are some limitations is essential.

First time in The Depths, or Blight Town, or The Tomb of Giants, with truly no guide and no spoilers and no idea how anything worked... I felt like the entire world was on top of me, above the ceiling... I felt deep. You can't have that feeling in a game where you can just teleport around at will. You simply can't. Dark Souls 2 had similarly intriguing locations but the one two punch of incoherent, inconsistent topography and free bonfire warping extirpated any possible sense of placement or tension.

Free form warping from bonfires is borderline blasphemous after the sublime and carefully tuned experience of the first Souls game, but I've made my peace with it. Life is a compromise.

For my part, in my game, there's an introduction of "warp plants" midway through the game. You awaken a network of plants that can be used to warp between predefined points. It became necessary. I understand the design challenge.

I sensed this shit right from the start. the feeling from the original game will just be lost forever. probably.

I'll let you know what damage it causes to DS3 this week =)

AcridMeat

Banned
Alright! I'm finally prepped to get some laundry done! *immense downpour commences*

Fuck. At least it's like a pre washing running out there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really don't like my beardless face, it just looks weird, and somehow makes me look older too. I mean, this is me around four months ago, just looks all around much better IMO

Alas, professionalism.

Now that my vanity has been fed...

The adult world slowly starts sucking out your soul the moment you enter it.
Truth.

I think working with co-workers and upholding an image while in public is the worst.

I've made at least...3 women laugh

Maybe 4.

I don't want to read too much between the lines here, but if you're not consistently making people laugh then you might not be as funny as you think you are, or more likely your humor just hasn't found a good audience yet.

I enjoy talking with you so, I don't know, maybe just put yourself out there more? :)

I'm more forgiving of this due to the 2d nature and some of the inherent differences that causes, (it's harder to use all your senses to navigate since the game takes place in a more arbitrary, stylized two dimensional reality) and the fact that there are some limitations is essential.

First time in The Depths, or Blight Town, or The Tomb of Giants, with truly no guide and no spoilers and no idea how anything worked... I felt like the entire world was on top of me, above the ceiling... I felt deep. You can't have that feeling in a game where you can just teleport around at will. You simply can't. Dark Souls 2 had similarly intriguing locations but the one two punch of incoherent, inconsistent topography and free bonfire warping extirpated any possible sense of placement or tension.

Free form warping from bonfires is borderline blasphemous after the sublime and carefully tuned experience of the first Souls game, but I've made my peace with it. Life is a compromise.

That makes sense. I'd also say it's hard in S&S because that game doesn't have very many landmarks and no map, plus it's extremely interconnected, so it doesn't lend itself well to learning your way around. It's kind of cool from the getting lost and exploring perspective, but that gets old when there's no reprieve.

When did I start looking so old...

You look so mature and professional! :(

SystemBug

I've made at least...3 women laugh

Maybe 4.

I have this other issue where girls think I'm funny and my guy friends think I'm like not funny at all.

Which makes me question whether I'm actually funny or not.

I'll put my own self in the crosshair's for a joke. I'd metaphorically die for the joke

AcridMeat

Banned
Where was that zee? Looks wild.

I like having a pile of laundry made and just watching the cat decide what to do with it. They can't decide if they can sleep on it, but they can't figure out how to go around it and eventually they give up and walk away.

Small life moments.

This is the week I stop looking at the Nintendo Download schedule for North America.

Because I'am so sure the Wii U VC will be getting anything but Super Mario RPG or Xenoblade.

NoA are so consistent with being completely inconsistent and it is such a pain in my ass, for hoping one of those two get on VC.

I guess I should be happy that Metroid: Zero Mission was put on NA Wii U VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom