• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I dont get what a beard means for professionalism. The only way I see facial hair being an issue is if you are working with food products and nothing else really.
I think it's me being paranoid. The job I got is very nice and I want to appear like I'm taking it seriously. I dunno though.

You look so mature and professional! :(
Aw, thanks.

I like it! :> beard would definitely go well with it tho!
:) I do agree.

That's two compliments from the opposite sex. Maybe this isn't such a bad look after all.

I have this other issue where girls think I'm funny and my guy friends think I'm like not funny at all.

Which makes me question whether I'm actually funny or not.

I'll put my own self in the crosshair's for a joke. I'd metaphorically die for the joke
Humor is one of those things that either resonates with you, or doesn't. The same joke that will fall flat for one person can make another person roar with laughter. Know your audience, and be yourself. Acting out for laughs can seem forced, if you try too hard.

zeemumu

Where was that zee? Looks wild.

I like having a pile of laundry made and just watching the cat decide what to do with it. They can't decide if they can sleep on it, but they can't figure out how to go around it and eventually they give up and walk away.

Small life moments.

Hogsmeade. The shops were closing up for the night.

Where was that zee? Looks wild.

I like having a pile of laundry made and just watching the cat decide what to do with it. They can't decide if they can sleep on it, but they can't figure out how to go around it and eventually they give up and walk away.

Small life moments.

Peter that's obviously Harry Potter world in Florida, A) because it's obviously Harry Potter and B) because the Los Angeles one isn't finished yet.

C'mon!

Jobbs

Banned
my day so far

:: chases red thing ::

:: battle invisible demon ::

:: loses ::

WindyBasicAmurminnow.gif

I laugh at you every day if that makes you feel better

fuck u

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does anyone else think Harry Potter is aging pretty poorly? A lot of plot contrivances and oversights have become extremely apparent upon subsequent readings.

Not to mention that it can be shallow, and even bordering on racist at times. Not blatant Hitler-esque racism, no, but it can be a bit ignorant when portraying other cultures.

SystemBug

Does anyone else think Harry Potter is aging pretty poorly? A lot of plot contrivances and oversights have become extremely apparent upon subsequent readings.

Not to mention that it can be shallow, and even bordering on racist at times. Not blatant Hitler-esque racism, no, but it can be a bit ignorant when portraying other cultures.

I mean you read things enough times and you will eventually begin to find issues with it.

I'm more of one novel book reader anyways, never gotten into book sequels. but I haven't really gotten into reading a book after I read Kite Runner and that was years ago. It wrecked me

SolVanderlyn

it's trash and I can't believe they have worlds dedicated to it in three cities
Whoa, whoa, slow down, Jobbs. I still like Harry Potter. :(

I read the series once when I was a teen and then re-read it in my early 20s. Loved it both times. But this was all before I became an avid reader, so if I re-read them now at 26 who knows what I'd think.

I do think the world of Harry Potter and the characters all have a certain inexorable charm to them that makes it all almost irresistible for everyone.

Except Jobbs because he's clearly broken.

I don't think it's aging poorly. I think it was always full of plot holes and inconsistencies, but I also think that adds to the rough charm of the series.

As far as racist, I think that's kind of the point. At least if you're referring to human/elf/goblin relations, or to the symbolism of purebloodedness. I think it was trying to show how bad care about someone's race or bloodlines are, cause Voldemort is basically wizard Hitler.

So drunk me figured I'd take a new selfie.

This looks exactly the same as the picture from six months ago. Are you pulling my leg?

It soft opened months ago. It opens officially in a few weeks. Think of it as being in beta. Do you live in socal too? Because if you don't and just want to go for Wizarding World, the Orlando one is bigger.

Newport Beach. I had a Universal pass a couple years ago. They're not very expensive.

zeemumu

I do think the world of Harry Potter and the characters all have a certain inexorable charm to them that makes it all almost irresistible for everyone.

Except Jobbs because he's clearly broken.

I got stopped by airport security once because I had a souvenir wand in my bag and they thought it was a weapon. What, was I gonna Imperius Curse the pilots?

SolVanderlyn

I don't think it's aging poorly. I think it was always full of plot holes and inconsistencies, but I also think that adds to the rough charm of the series.

As far as racist, I think that's kind of the point. At least if you're referring to human/elf/goblin relations, or to the symbolism of purebloodedness. I think it was trying to show how bad care about someone's race or bloodlines are, cause Voldemort is basically wizard Hitler.

This looks exactly the same as the picture from six months ago. Are you pulling my leg?
I suppose it did. Maybe I aged, not the stories themselves. I started reading them when I was 12, after all. At that age, you sort of soak everything in and accept it for what it is.

And yeah... I thought the same thing. Either you take really similar selfies, or posted an old one and tried to pass it off as a new one. You sly dog.

FloatOn

Regarding bonfire warping:

I feel like the quick and easy compromise is to tie it to an item. Similar to what Lilith was saying about the GTA taxi. It shouldn't cost the player much but it should sting a little in a game like Souls if you are going to have that convenience.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Your loss, the fifth book is when all the sex magic starts happening.

Misha

Banned
Isn't that the show where their minds are all connected so they share sensations and at some point
have a massive bisexual orgy because half of them are all having sex at the same time?

That's it, yup. Its by the wachowski sisters so it has a lot of weird quirks but is pretty enjoyable overall

jb1234

Isn't that the show where their minds are all connected so they share sensations and at some point
have a massive bisexual orgy because half of them are all having sex at the same time?

Yup. It's a very uneven show but there's nothing else on like it. And I love the way it wears its emotions on its sleeves. There's too much dark and cynical crap on television these days.

SolVanderlyn

Eating ice cream like a boss

1923168_1052106057942_4098556_n.jpg

you made me laugh when you told the kitchen-sitting-in-the-dark story

Yesssss, bump the counter up to 4, maybe 5 women

None of you got shit on me B)

I don't want to read too much between the lines here, but if you're not consistently making people laugh then you might not be as funny as you think you are, or more likely your humor just hasn't found a good audience yet.

I enjoy talking with you so, I don't know, maybe just put yourself out there more? :)

Nah, I was joking. It's at least 7 women.

Joking again >_>

I am generally pretty decent at making people laugh, but I know my problem is just that I don't talk to new people anywhere near enough. And when I very rarely do talk to new people I'm normally way too nervous to actually be able to tap into my comedy brain.

dkjls;gsfld;khgs little baby glasses

so cute!

I wanna push you on the swing!!

a fuck of a lot. I was a vain 4 year old or whatever age that is

I don't usually find babies cute or whatever (only sometimes, like Halcyon's offspring of course) but that one gif where little babby gets little babby glasses and sees for the first time always kills me. conclusion: tiny babby glasses rule and someone needs to find that gif for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom