• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Suruga Kanbaru is in the harem.

weB8AhH.jpg

Non Non Biyori 11

Take note, all you twisted shows that are airing episodes set in midsummer even though it's December. This is how you do a glorious seasonally appropriate episode.

Though it is making me sad there's no snow where I am. Screw you, weather.

I live in Alaska, a place with snow yo. It kinda gets old after a bit... nevermind shoddy drivers.

Defuser

Tokyo Ravens ep 1 to 10

I'm actually surprised about this show. It's actually decent despite the CGI and the floating car. Can't take the protagonist seriously because he look like a zenkichi clone.

Kon is the most adorable character of the show.

Non Non Biyori 2

A Komari x Hotaru episode. Not to make it sound yuri filled and whatnot, even with a mostly female cast, but it was a two character drive. I think SEEEEENPAI is one way to sum up this episode.

The second half, which works on a Misunderstanding angle in that Hotaru is a stranger due to looking like a grown woman, was kind of funny, but there was something about it that made it rather sublime. I can't put my finger on it though.

Mature

Rurouni Kenshin Episode 1 (engDUB)
Bbuub_bIEAE1avJ.jpg

The dubbed op song sounds pretty atrocious, expected better but otherwise I guess its a decent start. Kenshin makes the funniest faces all the time and has good personality, while at this point in time, he carries the show far. The other characters are kind of forgettable so hopefully more join up fast, preview character looks incredibly so am hyped to continue this.
You'll probably end up liking the show, DTL.

And I guess i'm used to the OP sounding like that from watching it as a kid. That OP is great, if only for the Iso cut.
iRU7l5Q7o9gvY.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I already posted some comments about the first half of the show where I agreed with you about its silly over the top nature though. I also loved how Yami Yugi was just a big "troll" on everyone as well...

I remember you liking it, but to my knowledge you're not really into "List" culture so I didn't want to misconstrue your impressions as an endorsement that it belongs there!

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens ep 1 to 10

Kon is the most adorable character of the show.

That's an understatement and a half.

Hunter x Hunter 109

Calm before the storm episode, if you can call it calm when the tension in the air is so thick you could bite a chunk out of it.

So much hype for the battle ahead.

Syrinx

I remember you liking it, but to my knowledge you're not really into "List" culture so I didn't want to misconstrue your impressions as an endorsement that it belongs there!

I do remember Nafe writing impressions for The Mystical Laws. That's on the List.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yes, really.

Originally, Tomino wanted Loran to be a girl, but Sunrise was like "Uh, brah, we can't have a girl be the main character in a Gundam show." So Loran is the result.

Please note that after the 20 episode mark it becomes increasingly less reasonable to pretend that Loran is a girl.

Well daaaaaaaamn.

Unbreakable Machine doll - 08

This was a pretty nice end of this saga.

I must admit that the talk between the 2 rivals is easily very entertaining and this was with yaya being yandere at the end , the best part of this show.

I now have 2 reason to watch this , excluding the cliffanger this episode had

Non Non Biyori 3

I guess one thing that I enjoy is that Renge isn't someone that gets a ton of focus so far, mainly to flesh out the relationships between characters, as well as forging new path for Hotaru (who isn't entirely relevant for the episode).

The overall laid-back mood really fits the location of the show, so that's probably why I'm rather keen towards it. Sound direction only adds to the overall experience as well.

cajunator

Banned
Well, to that I say:

HaruhiSuzumiya1.jpg

I prefer S1 style over the K-on Suzumiya.

This whole series is so sexual. I'm only on ep 3 and I'm not sure how much more I can take lol.

indeed it is. Nyaruko has sex jokes and ahoges and threatening abominations with a fork.

Golden Boy, Final Lesson

"OH GOD! WHY DO I THINK THESE THINGS?"

"Life is so educational!" "You're really weird, kid, you know that?"

Lecherous tit cruncher is a new and colourful term I had never before learned before. This is so educational!

It's really funny listening to the guys in this show talk about how CG is expensive and difficult when now it is synonymous with being cheap and easy to shit out.

"THAT GOLDEN BOY IS OUR LAST HOPE!!"

"NO! THERE IS A NOTHEEEEEEEEER!!"

"He's not leaving me a virgin!" *Friend in the background shouts* "Have fun being deflowereeeeeed!"

I need air

Best ending of greatest ova. It couldnt end any more perfectly. I love the whole anime studio idea. Paranoia agent did something similar at the end. You should watch that too btw.

Corvo, you've watched Last Exile right? If you haven't I think it's something you'd enjoy.

It's like you summon me every time you start a discussion on Brazil or G Gundam. You need to stop this.

I second this. Last Exile is pretty good. It suffers from Gonzo ending though. The Cg is pretty good. The chivalry system is a pretty fascinating thing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Beyond the Boundary 11
Pro tip: you probably shouldn't introduce out of order flash backs, a coma induced dream, and an alternate dimension all at the same time. I have no idea what the main antagonist's motive is. He just wants to blow up the world and also kill himself I guess? I dunno, there will probably be more lame twists.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Beyond the Boundary 11

Pro tip: you probably shouldn't introduce out of order flash backs, a coma induced dream, and an alternate dimension all at the same time. I have no idea what the main antagonist's motive is. He just wants to blow up the world and also kill himself I guess? I dunno, there will probably be more lame twists.

He wants his waifu back.

In the end, isn't that what we all want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom