• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The World God Only Knows - 03

We almost saw the Konami code in this episode! loved the dancing bit. Also got to see Elsie in a Maid outfit :D

Really like the ending theme, love the painting it makes at the end,

The World God Only Knows - 04

Really enjoyed this episode. Kudos to the show for switching up for formula early, the game seemed abysmal, but that's just the sorta guy Keima is. Can only imagine how frustrating that would be to encounter such a loop in an actual game and try to find a way out. Blue haired heroine was cute too!

That's enough for tonight, hope everyone has a good night <3

Hunter X Hunter - 47

Ok, this just cemented Kurapika as my favourite character in this show now.

Seriously. Dat fight.

Scratch that, that wasn't a fight. That was a one-sided massacre. I almost felt sorry for the guy. He stood absolutely no chance. I can't believe they actually killed off one of the members that fast. Seriously, I was expecting some other member to save him right before his death but NOPE. A shame too, cause I kinda liked that guy's design. Ah well, he was fun while he lasted.

But seriously though. Dat fight. Dis show. Where have u been my whole life?

That black & white moment eh...

Infinite Stratos 2 ep. 12

Is that it now? Is it over? Please tell me it's over.

I thought the first season was entertaining, but more for the harem hijinks than this half-cooked mecha nonsense. Season 2 has just been one big downward spiral. Now there's a "mysterious organization" involved, only I still haven't been motivated to give a shit. Also, Laura is obviously best girl.

Summer Wars

Now that was a great film. Decided to watch it after seeing Wolf Children not long ago. I was not disappointed.

Outbreak Company 12

This ended up being a pretty fun series, though I think it got a little too dark toward the end. It was a light-hearted show, and certain plot elements introduced toward the end didn't really feel right. The change in tone wasn't subtle, and the solution came about too quickly. Should have been a 24 episode series if they wanted to take it in the direction they did. Give the more serious plot elements more time to simmer. But it's hardly a bad anime. It was fun most of the way.

duckroll

Magi S2 - Episode 12

Was okay I guess. Adequate adaptation, mediocre production values. The voices still seem kinda off sometimes, especially with the Kou queen. At least we're finally getting to the great parts of the manga. Next episode better have some outstanding animation, since they're doing Aladdin vs Titus! ~_~

cnet128

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQqkpbt2Ero
"JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE Stardust Crusaders" Jump Festia 2014 Anime PV

They kept Ono Daisuke; I can't really complain.

I feel a little sad that we won't be hearing Sugita in this (and it seems a little awkward since he already voiced Old Joseph briefly at the end of Part 2), but it's probably the right choice. Sugita is great at doing entertaining old-man voices, but not very good at convincing ones.

Either way, SO. MUCH. HYPE.

Hunter X Hunter - 47

Ok, this just cemented Kurapika as my favourite character in this show now.

Seriously. Dat fight.

Scratch that, that wasn't a fight. That was a one-sided massacre. I almost felt sorry for the guy. He stood absolutely no chance. I can't believe they actually killed off one of the members that fast. Seriously, I was expecting some other member to save him right before his death but NOPE. A shame too, cause I kinda liked that guy's design. Ah well, he was fun while he lasted.

But seriously though. Dat fight. Dis show. Where have u been my whole life?

Yeah, this was the "one specific moment" I brought up when you were musing about how the show hadn't had a really powerful and memorable scene yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ANNCast randomness. Zac wants AoT to succeed for the "health of the industry" and thinks Wolf Children was a disappointment and that Hosada isn't all that great.

Not enough facepalms. :(

"Hosoda was never a single mom, so why would he write from that perspective?"

:(

Conan-san

The HD version of the beautiful Space Dandy PV if anyone wants it.

egP6fLY.png

(this was my favorite shot)
Going to put this out there; this is either going to be glorious or a complete disaster.

Jintor

Kill la kill 12

Hype!

I really want to know what the elite four and satsuki are really up to. Obviously there was some bullshit about an academy conquest thing over the rest of Japan, but knows

/XX/

No one is excited for some more Tenchi Muyo! by the original producers? Or did you guys knew about it already? I swear I haven't seen a comment anywhere about all this, which I find strange...

I don't know why I'm thinking of this now, but does anyone remember a trailer for an anime movie or OVA from a few years ago? It had some kind of post-apocalyptic setting with decrepit skyscrapers, water, an isolated landscape, etc. There was a guy and a girl, I think there were missiles, and lots of sakuga. I realize this is an atrocious description but that's all I remember about it right now.
That I can at least say I don't think it is. I remember it having lots of traditional animation, as opposed to CGI. And it felt more "indie," to abuse and already abused term.

I almost want to say it was something by Studio 4C but I don't know if it was. At the very least, from what I remember, the tone felt similar to some of their work.
NOMAD's ICHIRIN-SHA? Man, now I remember the very high hopes I had at the time for an initiative like ANIME INNOVATION TOKYO (http://web.archive.org/web/20110824161542/http://anime-innovation.jp/sys/works_en.php)...

DiGiKerot

Sorry, but I don't want someone stealing my doughnuts.

What service will be broadcasting/streaming this for non yanks?

Wakanim in the UK (both dub and sub, I gather) - AlltheAnime/AnimeLimited/whatever already have all the UK right for the show sown up. Dunno about elsewhere.

cajunator

Banned
YuuShibu 12 END

A fitting "epic finale" with plenty of action and of course even more fanservice (I lol'd @ the unsubtle censorship in a few of these scenes). And
Airi actually joined the Leon crew in the end
! I wasn't expecting that, at least not at this particular timing.

Fun lewd show, would watch second series for moar Fino.

I hope theres more just to see Fino again,

Well, at least SOME good came out of Nisemonogatari.

Indeed, though I wonder about the person in that video.

The World God Only Knows - 01

Had been meaning to check this out for a while now, after seeing the awesome "ahou" sneezing youtube vid.

Didn't know it was revolved around dating sims, which makes for a fun premise. Definitely enjoyed the first episode. Elsie is adorable, love the big giant anime mouths

Will watch a few more tonight I think.

Enjoy this! Two full seaasons and lots of cute waifus, not including Elsie and Haqua.
Both are on lburay too if you decide you want them

Jintor

Log horizon 12

Politics! Dancing as a rhythm game! Girls teleporting out of their clothes! Mages drawing massive aggro and level 20 players who are still totally clueless! This show has it all!

No one is excited for some more Tenchi Muyo! by the original producers? Or did you guys knew about it already? I swear I haven't seen a comment anywhere about all this, which I find strange...
That's because i didn't know about it . i welcome more Tenchi muyo as long as it's the OAV timeline

No more info on that, sadly... only thing I've found is the confirmation that the producer of the films and the first OVAs Hiroaki Inoue is again working at it (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94404424&postcount=15726). But good little bit of news, for sure!

<Could be alright i guess>

-------------------
Non Non Biyori - 04

;-;
Non%20Non%20Biyori%20-%2004_01.jpg
Non%20Non%20Biyori%20-%2004_02.jpg

2 things to note in this episode

Why are people putting salt on watermelon ? what the heck .. I don'r understand , if a watermelon is sweet , putting salt doesn't make it sweeter afterwards , that's a fake sensation made by the confusing sense people have on their tongue.

Anyway Putting salt on a watermelon is a big NO.

Don't do that at home folks , even if it's summer , even if you've seen in anime.
Bad idea.

Renge sub story was too hearwarming , those little second without music after she realise the fact before she started to cry , almost broke my heart. I guess that's a Good reason to be sad during 1 week.

Remember folks ! Airplanes > bullet train

Um, they already fucked it up. Why bother caring at this point unless they want to wipe GXP/OVA3 from existence and try again?

More Pretty Sammy, please.

I know i'm in the minority but i like the OAV timeline more , and despite sme problems i enjoyed OAV3. i also wish GXP was more ...serious but in the end it was entertaining.

Jintor

Non Non Biyori - 04

;-;

Why are people putting salt on watermelon ? what the heck .. I don'r understand , if a watermelon is sweet , putting salt doesn't make it sweeter afterwards , that's a fake sensation made by the confusing sense people have on their tongue.

Anyway Putting salt on a watermelon is a big NO.

Don't do that at home folks , even if it's summer , even if you've seen in anime.
Bad idea.

tumblr_mlmtomJ5a71qlf7sco1_250.gif

Non Non Biyori - 04

But it does make it sweeter! There is a reason why you should put a little salt in cakes and cookies.

duckroll

Yamato 2199 - Episode 3-6

Wow. This is legit space opera. Better than any Star Trek this millennia so far! It's great to see how much effort is put into the design, the pacing, and the various stages of making the journey interesting and convincing. Ground battles, distress missions, recon missions, tactical manoeuvres, so much great stuff. The first 6 episodes are definitely a very promising start to an excellent reboot of the Yamato franchise. I think Izubuchi really gets what makes classic franchises work. He doesn't reinvent anything, but he certainly isn't enslaved to the style and tone of the original works either, instead he takes the essence of the work and presents it in way which is compelling and exciting for a new audience. Mmmmm.

Kansoku

Panty & Stocking with Explosions and action and boom and amazing - Ep. 6
That was AWESOME.

Panty & Stocking with Clothes, rollout - Ep. 7
Better than Michael Bay's movies.

Panty & Stocking with Phoenix Wright: Repercussions of Evil - Ep. 8
Panty and Stocking waited. The lights above them blinked and sparked out of the air. There were zombies in the street. They did see them, but hadn't expected them now for years. Their warnings to Garterbelt were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Panty and Stocking were angels for fourteen years. When they were young they watched the Earth and they said to dad &#8220;I want to be on the Earth daddy.&#8221;
Dad said &#8220;No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS&#8221;
There was a time when they believed him. Then as they got oldered they stopped. But now in the police station on Earth they knew there were demons.
&#8220;This is Garterbelt&#8221; the radio crackered. &#8220;You must fight the demons!&#8221;
So Panty and Stocking gotted their palsma panties and stockings and blew up the wall.
&#8220;THEY GOING TO KILL US&#8221; said the zombies
&#8220;I will shoot at them&#8221; said the ghost zombie and he fired the rocket missiles. Panty and Stocking plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
&#8220;No! I must kill the demons&#8221; Panty and Stocking shouted
The radio said &#8220;No, Panty and Stocking. You are the zombies&#8221;
And then Panty and Stocking were zombies.

Panty & Stocking with Dead or Love: Beach Volleyball - Ep. 9
Stuff happened.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ace of the Diamond 1-12

Hey this show is pretty good. I really dig how its so serious about baseball and pretty much just about baseball. Little BL pairing going on in this show (well besides a certain somebody's new found affection for Chris-san), a removal of a lot of the angst you'll fine in something like Major and definitely zero focus on romance or relationships like an Adachi series.

Also love how this show challenges some of the traditional things you'll see in Japanese baseball and baseball anime. The notion of an ace, the fact that Japanese coaches will destroy the careers of these kids by having them throw way too many pitches, the value of a sacrifice bunt etc.

Would really recommend this show if you like baseball and obviously baseball anime. This is probably the most baseball focused baseball anime I've watched. Even Oofuri which painfully recreates every single pitch in a game doesn't match this on just a pure baseball level.

Defuser

Monogatari ep 22
Jesus what a cliffhanger, what will Kaiki do? I dare say Kaikimonogatari is the best arc of all the monogatari series. Nishio should start a new series with him.

Focus on the positives! He wasn't involved on the latest War On Geminar either. :)
But war on geminar was actually great.

Here's a question: if the false sensation is effectively the same as actually having the sensation, is it false?
Problem here that to get that sweet feelign , you have to use salt

Monogatari ep 22
Jesus what a cliffhanger, what will Kaiki do? I dare say Kaikimonogatari is the best arc of all the monogatari series. Nishio should start a new series with him.
That's like the perfect cliffanger for a finale.
And you guys still don't know what was in that closet :) Dat nisio trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom