• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm going to list their general power but some have another ability but I don't want to spoil it. I also don't want to spoil the last 2 G.O.M skills

Kuroko- Misdirection
Kagami- High Jumping ability
Midorima- Super far 3 pointers
Kise- Copies
Aomine- good at everything

There are also other players who also have skills. This season you learn of the Crownless Kings who were the lower tier of the G.O.M. Teppei and Hanamiya were part of that group.

The problem with this is, why aren't all these guys in the NBA? lol

Conan-san

(Outbreak Company DNR)

Ouch. Well that figures

Pokemon XY 11
WLO9zkL.jpg

(Pumpkaboo on Powerthirst)
Whilst XY has done vastly better for itself over the complete disaster that was Gen 5's animated adaptation this is one of the better episodes which is hard to say given that last weeks was pretty good too.

Hell, I don't think I can up and out say we've had an outright bad episode of out of XY, maybe the Furfrou episode was slight but that's all I can levy against it.

I think I'm more shocked that they're doing so at a reasonable price.

Well the SRP set by Aniplex USA is actually around $7 more than the SRP set in Japan, but with shipping costs and addition importing fees I can see why that was done. I just hope this means more OSTs will become available this way, or just bundled with the anime release, in the future.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In Eyeshield 21, some of the characters actually got offers from the NFL.
I suppose they have both the fastest running backs that make Bolt look like a turtle and quarterbacks that can throw touchdowns from their own goal line? lol

bring on IS3?
You know how I feel. I honestly don't know. :(

We could never be lucky enough to live in a world where Infinite Stratos bombs.
But this season was terrible. Hell, BoobJoust deserves to sell better than IS2 by virtue of being a functional piece of storytelling and direction, and both are equally waifu.

Although I suppose Putin probably rigged the sales charts.

Well the SRP set by Aniplex USA is actually around $7 more than the SRP set in Japan, but with shipping costs and addition importing fees I can see why that was done. I just hope this means more OSTs will become available this way, or just bundled with the anime release, in the future.

I saw the Premium Edition of Psycho Pass that Funimation is putting out is being bundled with a 2-disc OST.

Quasar

But this season was terrible. Hell, BoobJoust deserves to sell better than IS2 by virtue of being a functional piece of storytelling and direction, and both are equally waifu.

Though at least IS had some lust in it. Romanze was bizarre to me in that it was a harem show almost devoid of romantic/lustful feelings. Especially compared to the last Ricotta adaptation. Wonder if thats just the source material or anime makers also targeting the 'little girls who want a pony' crowd.

I saw the Premium Edition of Psycho Pass that Funimation is putting out is being bundled with a 2-disc OST.

So far as I know, Aniplex USA, Sentai Filmworks, and now FUNimation have at least one release with some sort of music CD bundle with an anime release. Bandai Ent. USA and Geneon USA did this quite often too (and even individual CD releases), but sadly they are not in the North American market anymore. Even Right Stuf had the occasional CD release years ago.

I guess what I was trying to say is that CD bundles with an anime release do not happen as often as they did years ago.

But it has FMP, Eva and Unicorn!!! Best SRW ever!

I'm just happy that we're finally getting
Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, and possibly Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I have never played a SRW game before but I really want to. I gotta import the first Z game some time.

Then I'll have to agonizingly look at the guides and memorize what menu option is which.

Man, how do fans of these games who don't know Japanese put up with that?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Touhou has been dethroned

Toranoana C85 H-Doujin Rankings

1 Kantai Collection - (622)
2 Touhou (506)
3 Shingeki no Kyojin (298)
4 TIGER & BUNNY (172)
5 THE IDOLM@STER (155)
6 Utapri (101)
6 Free! (101)
8 Hetalia (83)
9 Danganronpa (79)
10 Madoka (67)
11 Nanoha (63)
12 Love Live! (60)

Kantai Collection exploded in popularity.

Kurita

I suppose they have both the fastest running backs that make Bolt look like a turtle and quarterbacks that can throw touchdowns from their own goal line? lol

The runners are the most broken characters in Eyeshield 21 yeah. The other characters are more "normal" (if a high schooler scoring field goals 60 yards away from the goal posts can be considered normal)

Fall 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

**,*** *0 Diabolik Lovers [DVD]: 2013/11/27
**,*** *0 Meganebu! [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/20
**,*** *0 Nagi no Asukara [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/20

And out this week

Whateven?! Dialovers sold that low?! Maybe it being dvd only is the culprit, surprised for Nagiasu too, Hikari/Kaname/Tsumugu creys hard. Ill buy it from Nisa for sure, guess it will be another anime that the west buys more of, Dialover as well and mgnb. (sentai really picked up some rather non hit anime this time around).

Diabolik Lovers sold more than Coppelion?! Are you alive GoHands?

I didnt think Coppelion would sell well, afterall even its most recent manga volume couldnt even make the 50 mange chart upon debut :( (less than 18K, i believe)

Theonik

Mobile Police Patlabor 02
Yo damn NY cop. Also that bomb defuse.

Mobile Police Patlabor 03
Ahahahahaahaha
That encouter killed me.
That last plan too. The characters in this are so good.

Mobile Police Patlabor 04
Great mystery episode. NY cop so good.
Puts the SV-2 to shame.

Cowboy: The Bebop 08
Good episode blind sister was :(
Such a sad end too. :(

The obvious answer would be age. They're all still in high school, and probably could join the pros after they graduated. I'm pretty sure there are eligibility rules to all the major sports leagues which usually require a certain age or schooling level.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Though at least IS had some lust in it. Romanze was bizarre to me in that it was a harem show almost devoid of romantic/lustful feelings. Especially compared to the last Ricotta adaptation. Wonder if thats just the source material or anime makers also targeting the 'little girls who want a pony' crowd.
The lust in IS2 is mostly abated though, in typical harem protag fashion. In that respect, it come closer to being a harem show, but fails because of it!

lol i remember echizen won the US Open in the anime.
The runners are the most broken characters in Eyeshield 21 yeah. The other characters are more "normal" (if a high schooler scoring field goals 60 yards away from the goal posts can be considered normal)
Sports anime. :(

because they're 14 or 15 lol.
The obvious answer would be age. They're all still in high school, and probably could join the pros after they graduated. I'm pretty sure there are eligibility rules to all the major sports leagues which usually require a certain age or schooling level.
Like that matters when you have the best players in the world all living in the same city!

Infinite Stratos S2 sold 52 times as much as From the New World.

Please bring us the sweet release of death first, Cthulhu.
Not everything can beat the Fractale line!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
shaq should guest star in kuroko.

you know that show hasn't had a stereotypical black guy yet. weird. not a real sports anime then.

221811-ShaqFYou-Header.jpg

Infinite Stratos S2 sold 52 times as much as From the New World.

Please bring us the sweet release of death first, Cthulhu.

And lo, the density of Ichika Orimura did reach the threshold, and the reality began to fold into him, and the darkness was once again over the face of the deep, and all was enveloped into the singularity of nothingness.

sonicmj1

Maybe NBA players in the Kuroko universe also have tons of broken superpowers, and the absurdity of people draining threes from back-court gets countered by guys jumping 30 feet into the air to block their shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom