• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 202

Sabertooth gets screentime where they're not acting dickish, Frosch gets an episode all to himself, and the show remains in its comfortable groove where everything is silly and plays on its running gags. The OP and ED have yet to change for the new season, and by all accounts, the new story arc coming up looks to be something that wasn't in the manga. I like the concept of it, so as long as it feels like it fits with the universe, then I won't mind. Fairy Tail makes a nice counterpart to what I'm now calling "Dark Fantasy Friday".

360pages

Shiki rapes a lot, that's a fair bit worse than Penis worms.

True, but that is mostly because he is going insane a large portion of the time, even then I still think it's more tactful than that. Though we could have used a lot less of that over all.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 48
All of the final words have been said. Now it's a game of who doesn't come home when this is all over. Onward to the final battle.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
True, but that is mostly because he is going insane a large portion of the time, even then I still think it's more tactful than that. Though we could have used a lot less of that over all.

Shiki is messed up in general the whole rape allusions combined with the murder , the fact he actually threatened a female heroine with rape, It's no wonder Nasu said the two wouldn't get along they are like polar opposites.

cajunator

Banned
No. That was just a brainfart confusing Kotori with Kurumi. Though admittedly I disliked idol girl more than Kurumi in S2.

Also how dare people back check my postings for consistency :)

How could someone confuse these two? How?

One guy always lunges forward with his hands in his pockets. Some dude in the back smiles and licks his knife.

In a way, generic anime mobs and delinquents are the dependable male counterpart to the generic anime hotsprings feelup scene.

Except only one is really exploitative.

Lol that is a perfect description and I can picture them now.

From the New World Ep. 3

This is getting interesting.
I figured the new species were human designed but a living holographic storage device? Fascinating. Though that instantly brings to mind why you would have something like that just walking out in nature. Obviously, it's partly to avoid suspicion especially given its hypnotic defense system. If it's to simply transport data between locations certainly there would be better means to do so.

tumblr_n957oqhRa81sp2nr0o3_500.gif

That cute. I guess I gotta watch Log Horizon now?

best delinquents

I miss Mikorin :(

One guy always lunges forward with his hands in his pockets. Some dude in the back smiles and licks his knife.

In a way, generic anime mobs and delinquents are the dependable male counterpart to the generic anime hotsprings feelup scene.

Except only one is really exploitative.

Haha yeah. Dont forget the unbuttoned blazers. Only delinquents wear their blazers unbuttoned.

Then theres the OIIII OOIIIII and the really long and tongue-y KORRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA when they call out to the MC.

Quasar

I'll admit this when you admit that Rin is a terrible tsundere ojou-sama.

What are you saying? that Rin was a terrible tsundere ojou-sama? or that Rin was terrible because she was a tsundere ojou-sama?

I just think she was worst girl, which is part of my reasoning for skipping it and probably waiting for the Sakura one.

I do enjoy me a ojou-sama though.

Selector Spread Wixoss 1
What a charming friendly outing. Then ruined by flashbacks of the previous seasons ending just driving to make sure you remember it. Then that girl who appeared in one episode shows that she is incredibly stupid after the main characters explained the absolutely terrible selector system. The ending of last season also gets explained

Syrinx

I really should restart From The New World soon. Was digging it when I was watching, don't really remember how I got distracted.

The show actually goes uphill from there (save a few things) too.

Yeah, aside from a couple of random dips in quality, it's all uphill from there, especially as they get into some of the meatier content of the second half. I'm really due for a rewatch on this show at some point.

Jarmel

Banned
At this rate eventually I'll land into one of those colonies

First they came for the Keyists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Keyist.

Then they came for the Databases, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not in a Database.

Then they came for the Typemoonies, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Typemoonie.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Steins;Gate - 11

Hmm, Kurisu's backstory with her father is pretty interesting. Didn't expect
it to involve her own father being jealous of her own daughter's talents being better than his.

And holy shit at
the latest message from SERN. I almost jumped out of my seat at that moment.

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate - 10

Someone is onto Okarin. Part-time warrior disappears, and the machine that crashed into the building is gone.

Kurisu Makise being best girl.

Prediction, Part-time warrior is from the future and is Okarin's daughter.

i have no idea im making shit up.

trejo

I really, really wish I could watch Log Horizon S2 but halfway through the first season I got the feeling that the director had this unwritten rule that each and every single bespectacled character in the show must adjust their glasses a minimum of 25 times per episode and after a while I simply could not deal with it anymore.

Also, I always skipped the OP.

Midonin

PriPara 14

The Prism Voice revolutionary took a full cour to change the status quo inside the independent city-state. Compared to the rivals of Naru, the most junior of the Saints, Dressing Pafe formed in the blink of an eye compared to the slow buildup to Bell Rose's debut. There's one less cour to work with, so this compression of time is understandable. Though Lala does not know it herself, she has created her own worst enemy, by leading the otherwise clueless Shion into a world where song, dance and human cloning are rampant.

I do not know what the brother in glasses has planned, but he is trustworthy. It's the Rabbit who I am concerned about. Not that the Bear is any purer of heart, and I have no clue how either of them compare to the Unicorn that showed up in the new opening. The song is alright, as is the ED.

Saki Yamakita's voice as Shion is deeper than I expected. The way she applies the Saki-like mechanisms of her sport to her idol career makes her a nice counterpart to Mirei. You could say she had me at the word "Go". As a side note, her chosen brand is "Baby Monster", not to be confused with Massive Monster, which has more to do with a hot set of wheels than a hot set of clothes.

Amusing. The revolutionary Lala has been infracted by the law countless times, but Mirei creates a rival from someone who only has one misdemeanor on their record. I have determined that Dorothy is clearly the leader of the twins. If only Leona had the noive.

Also, the first song by Dressing Pafe? AWESOME. Getting some idol rock up in here! Their Making Drama also reminded me of Rainbow Live, and Rainbow Live will forever be my first love in regards to this franchise. While Sophie, Mirei and Lala have done a lot of work to earn my love, Shion and the twins made a strong impression right out of the gate.

As Aikatsu pulls into a new era, PriPara enters a new challenge. There's no new idol anime on TV this season, so once again the torch is carried by those in the kids' TV slots. Go forth, Dressing Pafe, and ROCK!

Steins;Gate - 11

Hmm, Kurisu's backstory with her father is pretty interesting. Didn't expect
it to involve her own father being jealous of her own daughter's talents being better than his.

And holy shit at
the latest message from SERN. I almost jumped out of my seat at that moment.

Steins;Gate - 10

Someone is onto Okarin. Part-time warrior disappears, and the machine that crashed into the building is gone.

Kurisu Makise being best girl.

Prediction, Part-time warrior is from the future and is Okarin's daughter.

i have no idea im making shit up.

keep watching so good. dat sci-fi goodness.

CorvoSol

Haha yeah. Dont forget the unbuttoned blazers. Only delinquents wear their blazers unbuttoned.

Then theres the OIIII OOIIIII and the really long and tongue-y KORRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA when they call out to the MC.

And a shot of the three of them lunging from the side, spittle flying.

Who wants to bet Kirito finds himself in this kind of situation?

Dresden

I really, really wish I could watch Log Horizon S2 but halfway through the first season I got the feeling that the director had this unwritten rule that each and every single bespectacled character in the show must adjust their glasses a minimum of 25 times per episode and after a while I simply could not deal with it anymore.

Yeah, it's the fifth most annoying thing about the show.

Barakamon - 1-2

Man. This is one good piece of anime I tell ya.

EDIT: OMG the first 2 minutes of episode 3 are probably the greatest 2 minutes of my life.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 50 END
When I said I wanted her written off, I didn't mean like that. It was a more of her just going home/being discharged... Damn. At least the war is seemingly over.

With this being my first 'real,' Gundam series I've watched from start to finish it more or less let me wrap my head around what Gundam is. Before I thought it was just mechs in space. Seriously. I remember maybe 7 or 8 years ago watching a few random episodes of a Gundam (it might have actually been Destiny... Go figure), and was overall questioning where the mechs were and why aren't they in space, etc.

Story wise, it was okay. It wasn't the best as some things got retconned and some parts didn't make any logical sense, but over the past 5 days or so, I enjoyed it.

The characters and character interactions that sold me on this though. It was the little things like when a "no-name" character died, his fellow crewman would shout his name and would be angry and may even charge in on the person that killed him. Or when someone dropped their water bottle on the ground thinking they were still in space and Marrue reminded him that they weren't. Small details like that make the show more enjoyable and alive. Even some character arcs I enjoyed as well, in particularly, Flay. Despite her being a thorn in my side all the way up until the middle of the story, she played a big role as she was a living set piece. Kira's growth might have been stunted for a while if she didn't
guilt trip
him into changing. Truth be told, I got a good laugh out of when Kira stopped paying attention to her and she started playing the sympathethy card and nobody took the bait. Although by the end,I felt pretty neutral towards her. Throughout the show she was just protecting her own self-interests. In this case that'd be her survival and with Kira being the only one being able to absolutely provide that, that's where she went.

Overall, it was alright. There weren't any glaring problems. I couldn't really care for most of the fights, but since the fights are more of a means to move the plot forward, that's easy to look past. I'll probably start SEED Destiny on Sunday or Monday.

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate - 11

SERN or whoever ain't fucking around.

Had a bit of exposition on Kurisu, and Okarin now seems out of his mind.

zulux21

my wife gets mad when ever yakitate japan is brought up because of the peacock that talks on the phone :p

Gundam SEED 50 END
When I said I wanted her written off, I didn't mean like that. It was a more of her just going home/being discharged... Damn. At least the war is seemingly over.

With this being my first 'real,' Gundam series I've watched from start to finish it more or less let me wrap my head around what Gundam is. Before I thought it was just mechs in space. Seriously. I remember maybe 7 or 8 years ago watching a few random episodes of a Gundam (it might have actually been Destiny... Go figure), and was overall questioning where the mechs were and why aren't they in space, etc.

Story wise, it was okay. It wasn't the best as some things got retconned and some parts didn't make any logical sense, but over the past 5 days or so, I enjoyed it.

The characters and character interactions that sold me on this though. It was the little things like when a "no-name" character died, his fellow crewman would shout his name and would be angry and may even charge in on the person that killed him. Or when someone dropped their water bottle on the ground thinking they were still in space and Marrue reminded him that they weren't. Small details like that make the show more enjoyable and alive. Even some character arcs I enjoyed as well, in particularly, Flay. Despite her being a thorn in my side all the way up until the middle of the story, she played a big role as she was a living set piece. Kira's growth might have been stunted for a while if she didn't
guilt trip
him into changing. Truth be told, I got a good laugh out of when Kira stopped paying attention to her and she started playing the sympathethy card and nobody took the bait. Although by the end,I felt pretty neutral towards her. Throughout the show she was just protecting her own self-interests. In this case that'd be her survival and with Kira being the only one being able to absolutely provide that, that's where she went.

Overall, it was alright. There weren't any glaring problems. I couldn't really care for most of the fights, but since the fights are more of a means to move the plot forward, that's easy to look past. I'll probably start SEED Destiny on Sunday or Monday.

nice write-up

SEED is actually quite enjoyable despite some rough moments with some characters. Overall while not the best gumdan show it's certainly a very easy entry point.
I think that the music was really well done and the cast holded up to the end.
Kira yamato and lacus clyne are so overpowered they are still showing in characters rankings every month that's how broken they are.
Lacus clyne in particular tone shift was particulary intresting since she went from dumb princess to resistance overlord. she was definitely pretenting at the start of the show.

fertygo

First they came for the Keyists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Keyist.

Then they came for the Databases, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not in a Database.

Then they came for the Typemoonies, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Typemoonie.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
youtube this shit pls

Jex

Wow, so petty. That's a shame, I feel the show gets stronger as it goes on (before getting pretty dumb in a very specific way).

Also, that's the best part, you monster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn looks like I missed best-girl chat, er, Rin chat.

Suck it Tohsaka haters.

Wow, so petty. That's a shame, I feel the show gets stronger as it goes on (before getting pretty dumb in a very specific way).

Also, that's the best part, you monster.

Dresden has the worst taste confirmed.

Hates Database.
Hates Glasses Pushing.
I can't blame him for the ninja girl though, she was taking away Shiroe screen time.
Next he'll say he hates Nyanta-san. Then that means war. Nyaaaaaaaaaaan

Jokes aside though that does seem very nitpicky/petty of trejo considering the strength of the show is its writing. And if you're ignoring it due to a gag then you're missing out.

I mean I can't judge completely I was petty before when I wouldn't watch older shows due to non-HD. But I got over it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So this morning we have Log Horizon Season 2 and a new episode of Sailor Moon Crystal and the premiere of Magic Kaito 1412 is happening as well. Who says Saturday morning cartoons are dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom