• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was to give the manga more time to get ahead, but they are not pulling the one piece route of adapting one chapter per episode so even though they gave it a year off the manga needs time again. Seems the year off was mostly so they didn't pull a naruto and do over a year straight of filler and instead will just do a small bit of filler here.

either way this episode was 100% filler, last episode was partially filler(acording to a filler guide) and next episode looks like filler (I haven't read this far in the manga so I can't be sure)

I mean the filler writers couldn't even bother to realize that the fairy tail guild (Magnolia Town, souther coast of the kingdom) and the sabertooth guild (not known exactly where but in a rocky area) aren't even in the same city... (fairy tail was the only guild in magnolia, twilight ogre moved in after certain events, but they are the only other ones confirmed there.) and thus the running into fairy tail members after already showing them back home in their guild (even in the same episode) was absolutely ridiculous :/

? This Frosh is lost episode was a manga chapter, what filler are you talking about? This was chapter 374.5,

Baby Steps 6:
Well, there's not much animation in some of these matches. It takes me back to some of the earlier episodes of Prince of Tennis. Solid episode, though, with Ei-chan's talents coming into play and showing how he can improve in a realistic manner, as well as introducing some new potential rival characters, which is always an important step for a sports series. I'm enjoying the show despite some of the lackluster production values.

fertygo

Without that one scene Cross Ange is just another C-rate show from Sunrise that failed miserably in their attempt to produce "hits" just like Valvrave or Buddy Complex, shit the latter one don't even get temporary attention for being absurdly entertaining.. I'm sure most of you don't aware a show called Buddy Complex exist.. and just because desperate attempt of shock value, that Cross Ange thing already discussed more than BuddyCom ever been, if their goals is attention surely they get it from you guys lol.

cajunator

Banned
Without that one scene Cross Ange is just another C-rate show from Sunrise that failed miserably in their attempt to produce "hits" just like Valvrave or Buddy Complex, shit the latter one don't even get temporary attention for being absurdly entertaining.. I'm sure most of you don't aware a show called Buddy Complex exist.. and just because desperate attempt of shock value, that Cross Ange thing already discussed more than BuddyCom ever been, if their goals is attention surely they get it from you guys lol.

Thats kind of true. Were it not for that scene it would actually be a little forgettable.

zulux21

? This Frosh is lost episode was a manga chapter, what filler are you talking about? This was chapter 374.5,

I was going off a filler guide. as I don't currently read fairy tail.. and if it's actually a manga chapter... even a special as the .5 implies I am really sad as I pointed out the writing was horrible and could never take place the way it was written since the two guilds are in different cities.

i watched 2 eps of buddy complex and ..i lost interest..

i still plan to watch it because those 2 eps were insanely better than valvrave

i watched 2 eps of buddy complex and ..i lost interest..

i still plan to watch it because those 2 eps were insanely better than valvrave

It's just a mediocre mecha series without much exciting going on for it. That and it bombed so badly that the 2nd season was scrapped and they put out two incredibly rushed episodes to finish it instead.

Cross Ange has much more wrong with it than just that one scene. And Animegaf attention doesn't mean that it's going to make money for them.

Midonin

Celestial Method 01

Natsuiro Kiseki, without the Sphere element but still with the music elements, is the best comparison I have to this, though the first episode plays like a rather well-made short film. There's a bit of drama, which makes healing anime even better when used a bit (like Hanayamata or K-ON!), and Noel is super cute. What she or the disk is isn't explained, but there's plenty of time for that to happen. A bit of mystery to keep the viewers hooked. This is already my favorite Sunday show, and there's still a few left to debut, including one next week that I think is a good contender to at least tie it. The atmosphere was really well done, and the coloring kinda reminds me of PARA-SOL, a VN I've seen but haven't played. I just liked the art.

Aliens? Angels? Whatever Noel is, she's already won me over.

It pleases me that you guys have gotten to the amazing part of the show. This is where Hoooooooooooin really shines as a protagonist as before he was just a weirdo who lead a group of smart people.

To be honest, even before all that stuff I still kinda liked Okabe. I mean, the show did a decent job showing that even under his wacky "mad scientist" character type, he was still just a regular teenage guy on the inside.

You should have seen my face when I was playing the VN, lol.

And the game is much more cruel in the aftermath than the series. It was intense...

Keep forward, you are up for a good run.

The only way it could have been more cruel would be if they showed you
every single death that happened to her rather than just mentioning that he did it over and over again.

No worries. The show isnt done putting your heart in a blender yet!

Keeeeep going!

With what happened in episode 14, this show didn't just put my heart in a blender, but it also took my brain, put it in a frying pan, scrambled it and served it with bacon!

oh you reach that point already?
calm down bro, shit just going to go futher.

I don't know how they could possibly...

Steins;Gate - 16

ePDRmLN.jpg

And right after they say that
Daru was her father too. So yeah, Mayuri has been saved, BUT AT WHAT COST. AT WHAT COST.

Suzuha was awesome, damn it. :(

Sora no Method 01

Nice to actually have a sweet, light-hearted series after the the high action anime I've been watching this season. I'm have a few guesses about what's going on with Noel and the disc in the sky, but I'll keep them to myself for now. First episode was entertaining enough for me to continue with it.

It's just a mediocre mecha series without much exciting going on for it. That and it bombed so badly that the 2nd season was scrapped and they put out two incredibly rushed episodes to finish it instead.

wait ? that was it ?
i expected a full season !

OK then i'll not look back.

fertygo

Still made smile, the biggest example of bomba that I seen.
Cross Ange has much more wrong with it than just that one scene. And Animegaf attention doesn't mean that it's going to make money for them.

Precisely, I just made commentary over the fuss.

Can you put in spoiler tags how this route ends?

i don't remember it too too well but
Okabe decides that he should stop suzuha from going back after the outcome, and i think he used the brain thingy to jump back.
Okabe then gets stuck in a loop and relieving this bicycle scene again and again. Of course, it started impacting his mental state and then suzuha got gist of it.
She then found out that he was doing this because of mayuri and then states that she will help him overcome her death and shit.
It ended with okabe and suzuha holding hands.

edit:eek:h and nintendoman, if you are reading this, lets just say it cost more than that.

Detective Conan 313:
That scene of Haibara watching the sun setting was great. Pretty much a perfect encapsulation of her character. In fact, this episode was filled with some good character moments for the Detective Boys in general, with them calling Conan out on his fake childish act, and other such things. The case was a low key one, and fairly obvious from the start, but those little character moments elevated what would be otherwise pretty standard proceedings.

cajunator

Banned
To be honest, even before all that stuff I still kinda liked Okabe. I mean, the show did a decent job showing that even under his wacky "mad scientist" character type, he was still just a regular teenage guy on the inside.

The only way it could have been more cruel would be if they showed you
every single death that happened to her rather than just mentioning that he did it over and over again.

With what happened in episode 14, this show didn't just put my heart in a blender, but it also took my brain, put it in a frying pan, scrambled it and served it with bacon!

I don't know how they could possibly...

Steins;Gate - 16

And right after they say that
Daru was her father too. So yeah, Mayuri has been saved, BUT AT WHAT COST. AT WHAT COST.

Suzuha was awesome, damn it. :(

The show aint done ripping your heart out yet.
Look forward to the rest!

Sailor Moon Crystal - Episode 7

I think this is my favourite episode of the series so far. They handled the build up to the reveal of Sailor V brilliantly, possibly even better than the original anime. Also noticed that Usagi and Mamoru are already starting to use their nicknames for each other, not sure if the manga did it that early but it took till the start of the Black Moon Arc for the original anime to start doing that.

Time to wait two weeks for the next one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sora no Method Episode 1:

AH yes, finally we have our first unexpected and underrated gem of the season if the first episode here is anything to by. Honestly, I was expecting another moe cute girls doing cute things and oh my god I am so bored show. This Sora no Method is a lot more emotional then I expected, a lot more melancholy as well. the production is stunningly good as it the fluidity of the animation and I think this is the first time I have actually payed attention to one of Tatsuya Kato's soundtracks, the music is what really made this episode. I am a bit hesitant to call this a work of yuri, but it is certainly headed in that direction. I shall continue to watch this for a few more episodes at least.

Sora no Method - 01
All my wtf after watching Cross SEED Ange has gone after watching this episode. Interested on the plot so gonna stick with it for another few episodes.

It seems Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis just followed Space Dandy:west can watch this earlier than Japan

Yeah, it's out now

Surprising

AH yes, finally we have our first unexpected and underrated gem of the season if the first episode here is anything to by. Honestly, I was expecting another moe cute girls doing cute things and oh my god I am so bored show. This Sora no Method is a lot more emotional then I expected, a lot more melancholy as well. the production is stunningly good as it the fluidity of the animation and I think this is the first time I have actually payed attention to one of Tatsuya Kato's soundtracks, the music is what really made this episode. I am a bit hesitant to call this a work of yuri, but it is certainly headed in that direction. I shall continue to watch this for a few more episodes at least.

Yeah, this really surprised at how well produced and directed it was. This is going to be Firehawk's show of the season.

Magic Kaito - 1
great animation, good cgi usage and some great wacky characters.
Oh and pointy long noses, as per usual.

It seems Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis just followed Space Dandy:west can watch this earlier than Japan

Yeah, it's out now

is it any good though? I am currently on a anime watching mood

Fate/Stay Night :UBW ep 1
daffyduck-fap-1u9j5l.gif

Dat ufotable fight scene. Dat Rin.

"so this is a servant fight"
holy shit it was good

Midonin

Wolf Girl 01

This reminds me a bit of Maid-sama, which I did enjoy. When I watch shows like this, it's always for the heroines (no surprise.) Erika, and the show as a whole, is a lot more comedic in comparison to Blue Spring Ride from last season, but Kyoya is kinda creepy. Loving dogs is good, but humans are not dogs. Unless they're a mawg, but that's something else entirely! Like I said about Futaba in Ride, I always wonder why Erika and Futaba and everyone else is trying to become friends with girls like that. I'm hoping that they're bad because they're shallow, not because of the sex. And it's not known if they're just bluffing like Erika is. Erika's personality does remind me a bit of Kanae Itou's debut role, with similar levels of coolness, spiciness and being a nervous wreck inside. She's cute.

Sunday has such an eclectic mix of shows.

Wolf Girl & Black Prince 1

So this is a shoujo about how the clutzy heroine has to act like a pet dog to get the arrogant male lead to pretend to be her boyfriend. Maybe some will find this funny, I didn't.

cajunator

Banned

So this show is not only freaking adorable its also good?
I look forward to it.

So this is a shoujo about how the clutzy heroine has to act like a pet dog to get the arrogant male lead to pretend to be her boyfriend. Maybe some will find this funny, I didn't.

In mind the subtext is that entire series is about sexual foreplay. She is M that likes to be dominated by him. It's just that all is disguised as the typical shojo light romance with sparks and bubbles! :p
Imagine the dj where they raise the ante more an more. Shit writes by itself!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 1:

Well then, even our card games need to be grim dark these days I suppose. Also, the first 5 or so minutes looked like a Final Fantasy summon monster cut-scene with worse production values. That being said, the first episode was actually half decent, shit it has better direction and choreography then Akame Ga Kill ever did. Also, this show is keeping a consistent god damned tone for the time being. That being said, I don't really like the brash shithead we have as protagonist, maybe he will grow on me, could go either way at this point. This might be retained or it might be dropped when I can't be arsed to watch it anymore.

DiGiKerot

The iDOLM@STER Movie

I can't really say anything about the quality of this movie which isn't going to be tinged with all sorts of fandom nostalgia and bias, but I really enjoyed it, even if it is maybe a little baggy in the middle.

That opening, though -
the movie trailer for the Magical Girl movie that takes up the first three or four minutes of the movie is pretty damn incredible, even by the high standards the franchise already set itself in terms of fake movie trailers

They did maybe bite off a little more than they could chew with the concert scene at the end - it's super-ambitious, and even with a fully CG stage and audience, and the use of CG character models in the distance shots where it's rather less obvious, the camera is flying all over the place in a fashion that the 2D art can't quite keep up with. Top marks for trying, though!

Midonin

Akame ga Kill 14

So that's her backstory. Going by the previews, it looks like these desert island antics are going to continue for at least a little while longer. I don't have much of a problem with this, as the lighter elements are what's keeping me watching. Otherwise the villains would look even worse and the heroes would look a lot morally grayer. Esdeath herself isn't a bad person, but I'm not really sure who my favorite girl in the show is yet. They all have their good points.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I remember reading the manga and for the first 3 pages thinking "wow maybe they'll actually mix up the usual shoujo dynamic between the leads" nope the dude is still an overbearing jealous asshole and the girl is like "omg i deserve it for not being good enough for my husbando~"

Link Man

Banned
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 1

Final Fantasy meets Sergio Leone meets Pirates of the Caribbean. Like the characters so far, so I'll stick with it for now.

Rail Wars 12

And it ends with all of the girls visiting Takayama at home, because why not.

Some MacGyvering on a train as well.

First of all, there's a lot of really dumb fanservice in the show, and not the good kind of dumb. And there's a lot of bad animation, weird movements, shots where people look like giants and even mouths not moving when talking.

The stories seems to have been built around the locations where they happens, and the way that they just read off info about whatever trains is featured in the episode is quite crude.

And yet it's not that bad overall. At least it's about trains some of the time and it doesn't get boring.

The music is fine, just wish the show would have been more like the ED :p

Entertaining enough, so I give it 3/5 of a train:
9Vej3LP.png
3nqjcYT.png
3nqjcYT.png
DJdaJkt.png
AezWBts.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom