• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

becktionary

Neo Member
Ugh.

Installed the Nexus mod manager but it's not retaining which mods I have enabled and which are disabled, instead opting to enable everything. Tried every which way of forcing the mod manager to run with admin privileges too.

Honestly the "well known tweak" for FOV is a bunch of BS.

All you have to do is paste this into your Fallout4.ini file, under the [Display] header:

fDefaultWorldFOV=80
fDefault1stPersonFOV=95

tweak the values after = for whatever FOV you want. Makes me kinda sick that this "FOV tweak" is so popular when the guy behind it is so wrong... lol. 3 different .ini files....lmfao

You can check out my tool to make it super easy to do here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/190/?
I've had your editor in the OP for a while :)

Someone made the mod I was just asking about, modifying generator power supply. Comes in two forms currently, unlimited (all generators produce 10k power), and limited (all generators produce 10x their vanilla amount).

Unlimited Generator Power

Jumped into the game. Needed to power the radio transmitter at the castle and I needed two generators for just the transmitter? Naaaaah.

Thanks for sharing that.

GRaider81

I believe you mean SweetFX.cfg in the ReShade folder. (For version 2.0 of this package) But otherwise yes, this is correct.

Should end up looking like this:
Code:
////---------------//
///**LUMASHARPEN**///
//---------------////
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[LumaSharpen] //-LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image.

//>LumaSharpen settings<\\
#define sharp_strength 1.90 //[0.10:3.00] //-Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.066 //[0.000:1.000] //-Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

//>Advanced sharpening settings<\\
#define pattern 2 //[1|2|3|4] //-Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 //[0.0:6.0] //-Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern. I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

//>Debug sharpening settings<\\
#define show_sharpen 0 //[0:1] //-Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)
#define LumaSharpen_ToggleKey RFX_ToggleKey //[undef] //-

You'll probably want to turn off FXAA as I believe the preset has that enabled and you don't want to be doubling up on AA

Thanks for this. makes a huge difference!

Will all the mods im already using be automatically incorporated in NMM?

Is any of the "HD texture patch" worth it? Or should I wait for the official one.

Nah, they are still scattered all over the nexus. Better wait for the all in one mod.
I'm only using a HD black pip-boy texture right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craftable Ranged Weapon
1224-3-1447820954.png

I dont have a map mod installed but i can no longer move around in my pip boy map. it only moves halfway in the map until it gets "blocked by something" when moving the cursor around.

works fine with mouse but not gamepad. worked before.... xbox one controller

GAMERG0D

So the Nexus Mod Manager allows Fallout 4 implementation. I've run into one issue though. I've added the commands to Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini however I notice that Fallout4Prefs.ini resets my graphic configuration upon adding the command "bEnableFileSelection=1" below "[Launcher]" and when I change the graphics (shadow distance and god rays to medium and object detail fade to high) it removes "bEnableFileSelection=1" so then mods don't work.

Spinifex

So the Nexus Mod Manager allows Fallout 4 implementation. I've run into one issue though. I've added the commands to Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini however I notice that Fallout4Prefs.ini resets my graphic configuration upon adding the command "bEnableFileSelection=1" below "[Launcher]" and when I change the graphics (shadow distance and god rays to medium and object detail fade to high) it removes "bEnableFileSelection=1" so then mods don't work.

You have to make the file read-only. Huge pain in the ass though cause if you want to change graphics settings, you have to disable read-only, and then re-apply bEnableFileSelection=1 yet again.

Blizzard

Banned
You have to make the file read-only. Huge pain in the ass though cause if you want to change graphics settings, you have to disable read-only, and then re-apply bEnableFileSelection=1 yet again.
Has anyone had success just using the Fallout4Custom.ini file? If all changes worked in there that would be awesome.

You might be interested in my Fallout 4 Ini Editor mod then - check it out here to make this process a bit easier:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/190/?

I also got a big update in the works that should be out tomorrow afternoon or so. Will have ini setting image previews and a few other things

I dont have a map mod installed but i can no longer move around in my pip boy map. it only moves halfway in the map until it gets "blocked by something" when moving the cursor around.

works fine with mouse but not gamepad. worked before.... xbox one controller

Change your pip-boy resolution back to default.

Increasing the pip-boy resolution breaks the map if you use a gamepad.

I read something a few days back, I forgot where (I think STEP forums), where someone explained in detail how turning on some of the multi-threading stuff that is off by default fucks shit up in the game. I don't remember exactly which ones were talked about, but just be cautious. Some of them resulted in things not being rendered by the game at all.

Bl@de

Classic V.A.T.S.

Some people like me dislike the slow motion V.A.T.S. (makes it harder to select options with the mouse). So now there is a freeze frame version like in the older titles.

Have fun!

kavanf1

Is there a way to make Nexus MM recognize fo4?

Are people using one of the mod loaders or are yall just manually installing mods?

Really wish Nexus Mod Manager was working with Fallout 4.
I've manually installed a couple but I'm waiting for Fallout 4 to be added to the NMM before going nuts. Nor sure how long it will take, I'm sure they're hard at work on it...

...then I turn the page and see this:

hit the deck

nexus mod manager just released

Praise jeebus!

GRaider81

So if i wanted to use NMM do i need to uninstall the mods i manually added?

Im quite happy maunally installing tbh as it seems pretty easy with instruction (im new to this)

Is there any advantage to using NMM? easier to add remove etc using it?

Spinifex

So if i wanted to use NMM do i need to uninstall the mods i manually added?

Im quite happy maunally installing tbh as it seems pretty easy with instruction (im new to this)

Is there any advantage to using NMM? easier to add remove etc using it?

It also takes care of mod updates.

I just want a mod that replaces the obnoxious crosshair when you have your weapon equipped, with the dot crosshair that you get when you have your weapon holstered or unequipped.

OmegaX06

The new NMM won't activate mods for some reason. I get the warning that I need to change the INI file (Which I've already done), and then nothing happens. The mod remains uninstalled.

EDIT: oops, looks like I forgot the bEnableFileSelection=1 part. It's now working.

Mohonky

I need a mod that adds tracks to the radio stations, not replaces them.
Lots of radio mods already but no one seem to be able to actually add tracks to them. Perhaps we have to wait for the official tool for that.

-------------------------------

More Armor Slots

Omg, finally!

Rock On (Rocks HD re-texture)

Different Colours for Power Armour hud

Wasn't able to install Rock On, you have to be a paying member to download?

Also on the Fallout 4 Ini tool, how do you add mods to it, anything in particular you need to do? Not sure I entirely understand it

HiResDes

Classic V.A.T.S.

Some people like me dislike the slow motion V.A.T.S. (makes it harder to select options with the mouse). So now there is a freeze frame version like in the older titles.

Have fun!

The game is already too easy in my opinion, and classic VATS would be overkill. I'm playing on very hard and it's a fucking breeze. Even legendary Super Mutants are easy to snuff out. I am playing a stealth Leon the Professional like character though.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I always hesitate to mod until I've beaten the game vanilla once, but i might break that rule for a few of these mods. Can you still get achievements of you have a mod running?

The game is already too easy in my opinion, and classic VATS would be overkill. I'm playing on very hard and it's a fucking breeze. Even legendary Super Mutants are easy to snuff out. I am playing a stealth Leon the Professional like character though.

I think I'll give it a try. IMO, it has nothing to do with making it easier, but I have trouble (with a mouse) clicking on the correct body part with it moving all over the place.

Top Bottom