• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Flaxh

Hey guys it's the first time that I'm trying to install MODs and I'd appreciate some help.

I started by installing NMM and getting the Enhanced Wasteland but when I select the zip file it keeps telling me "Check Structure". What am I supposed to do?

PhilGPT

Hey guys it's the first time that I'm trying to install MODs and I'd appreciate some help.

I started by installing NMM and getting the Enhanced Wasteland but when I select the zip file it keeps telling me "Check Structure". What am I supposed to do?

Don't use NMM to install reshade presets.
Manually download the file then drag the files in the zip to your root Fallout 4 game directory. (This should be located at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4")

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The game is already too easy in my opinion, and classic VATS would be overkill. I'm playing on very hard and it's a fucking breeze. Even legendary Super Mutants are easy to snuff out. I am playing a stealth Leon the Professional like character though.

I am playing a 100% melee build and I one shot like 70% of the enemies I encounter. Everything else isn't too much harder. On very hard as well., might move it up to survival.

Might as well post here as well.

Just to let people know: setting fDirectionalDeadzone to 0 in Fallout4.ini will break VATS if you're using a gamepad.

It's one of those tweaks from Skyrim some people like to throw around in some places.

I think I'll give it a try. IMO, it has nothing to do with making it easier, but I have trouble (with a mouse) clicking on the correct body part with it moving all over the place.

This is the reason I don't really like the new VATS. It's really hard to highlight where you want to shoot now. Plus, I really don't think the difficulty will change that much going to the old VATS. I might give it a try. I have more fun using jet though, which is even more OP than VATS.

This is the reason I don't really like the new VATS. It's really hard to highlight where you want to shoot now. Plus, I really don't think the difficulty will change that much going to the old VATS. I might give it a try. I have more fun using jet though, which is even more OP than VATS.

What I'm really looking forward to is bullet-time replacing VATS with mods. I really enjoyed that previously. I think slow motion is great, if I'm in control of my own aiming.

julrik

If anyone has not sharpened their TAA I really recommend to do so. I just did after about 23 hours of using regular and TAA and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

Pics from the site, and I have similar results:

TAA:

TAA + Sharpening:

I followed his 1.90 suggestion and it takes away the Vaseline oh so well.
Thanks for the tip. Just tried.

But 1.90 is WAY too high IMO. Looks terrible, if you ask me. Way oversharpened. I put it at 0.62 IIRC. Looks a lot better, but might end up putting it at 0.55-0.60. Anyways, thanks for the tip.

StereoVsn

Thanks for the tip. Just tried.

But 1.90 is WAY too high IMO. Looks terrible, if you ask me. Way oversharpened. I put it at 0.62 IIRC. Looks a lot better, but might end up putting it at 0.55-0.60. Anyways, thanks for the tip.

I am running about 1.5 and it seems pretty nice. 1.9 was a bit too much though.

julrik

I am running about 1.5 and it seems pretty nice. 1.9 was a bit too much though.
Each to their own. I'm at 0.59 now, and it looks sharp, but not oversharpened. I guess it boils down to personal preference! If you're happy with 1.5, I'm not going to object.

DorkyMohr

Banned
Mods just aren't working for me. Thought I'd give it another shot now that the mod manager is working. But I've had no luck.

A couple of notes about my setup:
- Running Windows 10
- Attempting to enable some mods before even starting the game (character creation related stuff) so I don't have a save file present
- Running the steam version
- Have already made the necessary changes to the .ini files

Spinifex

Mods just aren't working for me. Thought I'd give it another shot now that the mod manager is working. But I've had no luck.

- Running Windows 10
- Attempting to enable some mods before even starting the game (character creation related stuff) so I don't have a save file present

Try re-running the mod installation process running NMM as Administrator. Windows 10 here and by default NMM couldn't actually write files or do anything.

- Running Windows 10

use this instead

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/495/?

*EDIT: BEATEN!

RE4PRR

Got the Dialogue mod back when it was still the Russian only version, much prefer the numbered 1-4 list of choosing dialogue.

Not a fan of the full replacer though, I don't want to read all of what my character is about to say, but it's a great option for those who will silence the PC.

Waiting on proper 4K Texture replacers now, none of this blow up to 4K and sharpen bullshit.

Amazing.

Will it only work in English, though?

English, French, and Russian is supported atm, with a German translation in the works

Got the Dialogue mod back when it was still the Russian only version, much prefer the numbered 1-4 list of choosing dialogue.

Not a fan of the full replacer though, I don't want to read all of what my character is about to say, but it's a great option for those who will silence the PC.

Waiting on proper 4K Texture replacers now, none of this blow up to 4K and sharpen bullshit.

You do realize you could use 1-4 on the PC right?

See https://youtu.be/LPr-njqW5c8?t=15

Also everyone, released a new version of my .ini Editor - v2.0 with image previews. Check it out and let me know what you think :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/190/?

190-0-1447895148.jpg

Lol you misunderstood me.

I meant the actualy layout.

1) ...
2) ...

Etc.

Not the stupid directional buttons and console layout.

Ahh I see. Yes I can't believe that Beth actually released it on the PC with the arrow keys instead of 1-4 for the dialogue icons lol

still getting failed to save plugins.txt with latest version

Hmm ok press the windows key + R

Then type appdata

Then go into your local folder then is there a Fallout4 folder there? inside should be a plugins.txt

This is weird bug because the edgecase for it is like when multiple usernames are on a computer or something.

Im thinking about removing it at anyrate. Now that NMM support is out for Fallout 4

Anyone know a mod that makes all the items in the Workshop automatically available to all Workshop locations?

I don't like setting up "trade routes" just feels kind of silly.

And also it doesn't connect your "home" to the workshops in the towns you build either.

Anyone know of a mod for this?

Anyone know a mod that makes all the items in the Workshop automatically available to all Workshop locations?

I don't like setting up "trade routes" just feels kind of silly.

And also it doesn't connect your "home" to the workshops in the towns you build either.

Anyone know of a mod for this?

I just use the bat mats file(for 9999 of all mats) from the nexus and "transfer all junk" at a workbench.

I just use the bat mats file(for 9999 of all mats) from the nexus and "transfer all junk" at a workbench.

Thanks for quick suggestion, I was thinking of using this, but I'm trying to avoid it, at least for the moment.

The only cheat I want to try to use is the carryweight mod (I put up to 500 and 2000 once when I needed to move a ton of stuff to make a new settlement my main location lmao)

Was hoping there was an automatic one to hold materials but also equipment across all Workbenches though.

Kind of like how the "Box" in Resident Evil works.

Holding equipment and materials and making them accessible at all Workshops, I think that is just appropriate for the way I want to play the game.

The first thing I'm going to do when the geck is released is remove the green tint from the irradiated storms. I just take me out of the immersion.

Hmm ok press the windows key + R

Then type appdata

Then go into your local folder then is there a Fallout4 folder there? inside should be a plugins.txt

This is weird bug because the edgecase for it is like when multiple usernames are on a computer or something.

Im thinking about removing it at anyrate. Now that NMM support is out for Fallout 4
the plugins.txt was set to read only. I disabled that and it worked! funny thing is, i NEVER set that file to read only.... ty

so I went through the entire Fallout 4 Nexus to date and tracked all of the mods that seemed cool or interesting to me. This includes most 'utility' mods and a very small handful of aesthetic mods. I'm gonna link some gamechangers I found that y'all might find useful.

Place In Red (cheat engine table which enables placement of clipped items in settlements YESSSSS)
Craftable Ammo OR Craftable Ammunition
Higher Settlement Budget
Infinite Settlers (remember your charisma! because this temporarily changes it and you must use the console to change it back)
Loot Power Armor Frame (not a mod, just instructions to set ownership or loot enemy PA)
Pip Boy Shadows
Cornered HUD (because some of us like having extra screen space)
Immersive Pip-Boy (because it looks fucking cool)
Institute Pip-Boy (because it looks even fucking cooler)

several settlement item mods (some change your perks/stats so watch out)3

ryan299

I'm not familiar with modding, but are people able to create their own quests or is it just little things like we're seeing?

Meia

Is there any mods that improve the perk system yet? I've always played these games with max stealth and melee in mind, but the level cap on perks is killing most of the enjoyment I got through the games. Can't stealth like at all without a few points into the improved stealth perk, but every level has a cap. :\

I'm not familiar with modding, but are people able to create their own quests or is it just little things like we're seeing?

Adding things to the game would require the modding tool that will be released early next year.
Most mods right now are just tinkering with .ini files or replacing/removing textures.

ezekial45

Banned
Eventually yes. Right now it's mostly tweaks and other additions to game, nothing too substantial. Once the mod tools are out next year, we'll see some more ambitious and substantial mods created, which include custom quests, monster, weapon/armor, and new locations.

Paganmoon

Man, there needs to be a mod for quickchange of clothing. Get to radiated as hell location, change to radiation suit, then you get out, have to click every single item to get back to exploring gear. And hope you've selected the right ones.

so I went through the entire Fallout 4 Nexus to date and tracked all of the mods that seemed cool or interesting to me. This includes most 'utility' mods and a very small handful of aesthetic mods. I'm gonna link some gamechangers I found that y'all might find useful.

Place In Red (cheat engine table which enables placement of clipped items in settlements YESSSSS)
Craftable Ammo OR Craftable Ammunition
Higher Settlement Budget
Infinite Settlers (remember your charisma! because this temporarily changes it and you must use the console to change it back)
Loot Power Armor Frame (not a mod, just instructions to set ownership or loot enemy PA)
Pip Boy Shadows
Cornered HUD (because some of us like having extra screen space)
Immersive Pip-Boy (because it looks fucking cool)
Institute Pip-Boy (because it looks even fucking cooler)

several settlement item mods (some change your perks/stats so watch out)3

Great collaboration, found some good stuff I missed!

The-Bean

I'm really wanting to be able to "place in red" but I'm a little hesitant using something like this, I'd rather an actual mod. Has anyone played with it for more than a few minutes? I don't wan't to use it only to have my save mess up later in the game.

I'm really wanting to be able to "place in red" but I'm a little hesitant using something like this, I'd rather an actual mod. Has anyone played with it for more than a few minutes? I don't wan't to use it only to have my save mess up later in the game.

It's just a cheat engine table. It's fine and works great. I've been using a different CE table to remove the settlement size limitation, but I think there's a proper mod for that now I believe.

Top Bottom