• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Idk about anyone else, but I really want a mod for the power sources. Need generators with MUCH more energy supply, so u don't have to have a shit ton of generators everywhere.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Are people using one of the mod loaders or are yall just manually installing mods?

Really wish Nexus Mod Manager was working with Fallout 4.

Fitz

Any news on a respec mod for PC? I don't want to add more points, just move around the ones I already have.

I hate RPGs that expect you to make major levelling decisions based on a 5-minute introduction that you're then forced to live with for 40 hours. 18 hours in and I know there's a bunch of stuff I wish I'd done different.

No mods for that as I know of yet, however you can use the player.setav console command to change your SPECIAL stats at least, e.g. "player.setav charisma 3" will set your charisma to 3. I believe you can use player.addperk and player.removeperk for perks, though you'll need to get the base ID for each perk and rank individually I believe. There's a list there: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

Hoping someone can answer once and for all.

I did the mouse smoothing tricks and it works perfectly, however, due to changing ipresentinterval, you can get stuck on terminals and lockping can break. Is there a better way to fix mouse lag?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I think it was one of those sites before the game released that had "guesses" of what perks did that made people think this perk exists. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't actually exist.

Ive been looking around. and i can't seem to find anything that would let you take more than one companion on your quests.

Trace

Banned
Hoping someone can answer once and for all.

I did the mouse smoothing tricks and it works perfectly, however, due to changing ipresentinterval, you can get stuck on terminals and lockping can break. Is there a better way to fix mouse lag?

Lock your framerate to 60 using an external tool and it'll fix those problems.

I use Rivatuner Statistics Server myself.

becktionary

Neo Member
Is there a mod to allow the modding of more base clothing items, like army fatigues?

Because I would kill to be able to get out of my Vault 111 suit without ditching the stat bonuses and mod potential.

Shredderi

Is there a mod to allow the modding of more base clothing items, like army fatigues?

Because I would kill to be able to get out of my Vault 111 suit without ditching the stat bonuses and mod potential.

Heh I'm still running around with the old jumpsuit myself. I need to get rid of it. Hopefully I'll find some better looking and better defending armor soon.

I thought army fatigues could be modified? On wiki it says they are, but I havent tried. Was excited to get home and mod the ones I know I just picked up last night before I went to bed.

I wish we had an immersivehud mod or the like. I wonder if Gopher is working on one or waiting till the Creation Kot comes out.

Will it be possible to mod in settlers other than humans? Would love to see ghouls, synths, Super Mutant settlers. Maybe even have Super Mutant holding rocket launchers as 'defensive' units.

All right. Make sure you added fDefaultWorldFOV=xx and fDefault1stPersonFOV=xx to all three .inis (fallout4.ini; fallout4prefs.ini in both documents and install folder). And then open the console in-game (with ~, depending on your keyboard layout) and enter 'fov xx', followed by 'refreshini'. Save game.

Alternatively, you could try something like this: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/320

Yeah, I had to download that mod. Nothing changed when I tried the console commands. :\

I was told early next year, but who knows.

Yeah the only date I found was 2016. I imagine we'll get a host of basic cosmetic mods and maybe some gameplay tweaks, but likely nothing huge and graphics focused. Some in the thread that I wouldn't be surprised to get is changing HUDs/Fonts, different colored pip-boys, new outfits, etc.

I'm confident that Bethesda will do what they can to get some good stuff on there.

Reven

Special point reasignment:

895-1-1447693792.png

Just a heads up, this will mess up bobbelheads.

Can you actually use custom pip-boy resolution yet? I remember you could only use the mouse in the left corner of the pip-boy UI.

What do you mean? I've been using my own "Hi Res" option just fine for many hours.

Perhaps you edited it to not be a multiple of 2 of the original number, idk.

Linkhero1

Yeah the only date I found was 2016. I imagine we'll get a host of basic cosmetic mods and maybe some gameplay tweaks, but likely nothing huge and graphics focused. Some in the thread that I wouldn't be surprised to get is changing HUDs/Fonts, different colored pip-boys, new outfits, etc.

Awesome. I just want the ability to mod the pip-boy.

Is there a mod to eliminate the limit on building things in your settlement?

One method is using god mode. Bring up console (~) and type 'tgm'.

What do you mean? I've been using my own "Hi Res" option just fine for many hours.

Perhaps you edited it to not be a multiple of 2 of the original number, idk.

Yeah, me too. I tried the High Res-option (1400x1752) now and I can only move the cursor in a very limited area. This is with a controller.

Dizzy-4U

I don't know what the hell did I do but now the pipboy is always zoomed in when I look at it (not the zoom with the select button).

Removed all the inis and mods and it's still zoomed in. I beginning to think my save file is borked :(

Irobot82

I don't know what the hell did I do but now the pipboy is always zoomed in when I look at it (not the zoom with the select button).

Removed all the inis and mods and it's still zoomed in. I beginning to think my save file is borked :(

Right click while in your pipboy hud

Dizzy-4U

Right click while in your pipboy hud
That's not it. Some modification in the ini files copied over to the save file so no matter what I changed to the ini files, the pipboy was still zoomed in (by a lot, half the pipboy took all the screen). It may have been that Fallout4ConfigTool but I'm not sure...

I started a new game and it's running fine now, so whatever....20 hours lost.

Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project
By default in fallout 4 a LOT of textures come in huge resolutions with horrid compression for example 2048x2048 ground textures that take up 5.4mbs for 1 texture - which i turn into a 1024x1024 identical texture with better compression only taking up 650kbs (6/10ths of 1mb - literally 1 fifth of the data usage) but sense there isn't a working method for automatically resizing and compressing the base game textures ill be doing it manually which will take some time.
I'd love to see some reports. Sounds amazing.

Remove controller acceleration
Dislike controller acceleration and want it gone. Doing so is simple enough and is the same as it was in Skyrim. Simply go to your Fallout4.ini (located in C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\), then scroll down to [Controls] and add the below:

fMouseHeadingXScale=.0125
fMouseHeadingYScale=.02225
fLookGraphY4=0.1000
fLookGraphX4=0.1000
fLookGraphY3=0.1000
fLookGraphX3=0.1000
fLookGraphY2=0.1000
fLookGraphX2=0.1000
fLookGraphY1=0.1000
fLookGraphX1=0.1000
iNumLookGraphSettings=4
fMoveGraphY3=0.1000
fMoveGraphX3=0.1000
fMoveGraphY2=0.1000
fMoveGraphX2=0.1000
fMoveGraphY1=0.1000
fMoveGraphX1=0.1000
iNumMoveGraphSettings=3
fHeadingAxisDeadzone=0.0000
fMovementAxisDeadzone=0.0000
fMaxLookRampUpDelta=0.1300
fMaxMoveRampDownDelta=500.0000
fFreezeDirectionDefaultSpeedThreshold=100.0000
fFreezeDirectionDefaultAngleThreshold=100.0000
bFreezeDirectionOnLargeDelta=1

from gabi: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551069501&tscn=1447077828

SillyJoe

Remove Mouse Acceleration
Getting rid of horrid mouse acceleration is in three steps as well. Start off with the Fallout4.ini file in My Games, and this time scroll down to “[Controls]”. Under there you need to add:

bMouseAcceleration=0

Second, the Fallout4Prefs.ini in the same folder, and under ‘[Display]’ add:

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1

Then finally you need to find the game’s install folder for Steam, which will be something like ‘X:[your steam directory]steamappscommonFallout 4Fallout4′ where X is the hard drive on which you install Steam games. In there you’ll also find a Fallout4Prefs.ini, and you need to add the same line under ‘[Display]’.

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1

The creator of the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool on bForceIgnoreSmoothness:

3jKrirv.png

GRaider81

If anyone has not sharpened their TAA I really recommend to do so. I just did after about 23 hours of using regular and TAA and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

Pics from the site, and I have similar results:

TAA:

TAA + Sharpening:

I followed his 1.90 suggestion and it takes away the Vaseline oh so well.

looks good.

If I have installed the reshade from the OP and i do this, will it work?

Reven

looks good.

If I have installed the reshade from the OP and i do this, will it work?

If you have installed the Enhanced Wasteland reshade package then it is already being done. That package does have lumasharpen turned on, just not as strong as what is recommended in that guide. You can edit it by hand by opening the SweetFX_settings.txt file in the SweetFX folder.

Spinifex

If you have installed the Enhanced Wasteland reshade package then it is already being done. That package does have lumasharpen turned on, just not as strong as what is recommended in that guide. You can edit it by hand by opening the SweetFX_settings.txt file in the SweetFX folder.

I believe you mean SweetFX.cfg in the ReShade folder. (For version 2.0 of this package) But otherwise yes, this is correct.

Should end up looking like this:
Code:
////---------------//
///**LUMASHARPEN**///
//---------------////
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[LumaSharpen] //-LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image.

//>LumaSharpen settings<\\
#define sharp_strength 1.90 //[0.10:3.00] //-Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.066 //[0.000:1.000] //-Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

//>Advanced sharpening settings<\\
#define pattern 2 //[1|2|3|4] //-Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 //[0.0:6.0] //-Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern. I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

//>Debug sharpening settings<\\
#define show_sharpen 0 //[0:1] //-Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)
#define LumaSharpen_ToggleKey RFX_ToggleKey //[undef] //-

You'll probably want to turn off FXAA as I believe the preset has that enabled and you don't want to be doubling up on AA

Menome

That's not it. Some modification in the ini files copied over to the save file so no matter what I changed to the ini files, the pipboy was still zoomed in (by a lot, half the pipboy took all the screen). It may have been that Fallout4ConfigTool but I'm not sure...

I started a new game and it's running fine now, so whatever....20 hours lost.

Don't delete that save! Same thing happened to me. Whilst in the Pip-Boy view, bring up the console and set the FOV to 90 manually.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Honestly the "well known tweak" for FOV is a bunch of BS.

All you have to do is paste this into your Fallout4.ini file, under the [Display] header:

fDefaultWorldFOV=80
fDefault1stPersonFOV=95

tweak the values after = for whatever FOV you want. Makes me kinda sick that this "FOV tweak" is so popular when the guy behind it is so wrong... lol. 3 different .ini files....lmfao

You can check out my tool to make it super easy to do here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/190/?

Bruv, you're doing the Lord's work, with that High-Res Pipboy setting.

Thanks. Will an even higher resolution mess anything up?

Top Bottom