• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Megasoum

Banned
It doesn't look too bad...

farcry32012-11-2821-2fxslz.png

Megasoum

Banned
So do I have to cancel my VPN account Megasoum? or does it stop automatically? Dont wanna get billed $2 every two days LOL

Hmm...that's a very good question haha. I guess I'll check the site. I think it was only a once thing (I could choose between paying and subscribing when I picked Paypal).

Edit: Yeah it really looks like it's a one time deal. Says it will expire in 2 days and I don't see any subs anywhere.

Any free way to unlock in canada? debating whether to spend money on a vpn to unlock. Decisions, decisions.

I'm in Montréal.

Hmm...that's a very good question haha. I guess I'll check the site. I think it was only a once thing (I could choose between paying and subscribing when I picked Paypal).

Edit: Yeah it really looks like it's a one time deal. Says it will expire in 2 days and I don't see any subs anywhere.

I'm in Montréal.

Yea but I was wondering if there was a Free way to unlock, but I guess I will just use the website you posted on the last page, its only 2 dollars.

Megasoum

Banned
Yea but I was wondering if there was a Free way to unlock, but I guess I will just use the website you posted on the last page, its only 2 dollars.

Ah right. I'm sure there's ways to get it for free. Especially now that it's available in Europe (I use the BBC Player for example to watch the BBC and it would probably work too) but the website I posted just makes it a lot easier. It's worth the 2$.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This looks fantastic. Unfortunately I'll probably have to play on 360. Does the game have decent deadzones so there's no moving/aiming drift?

KyleN

Banned
So after playing for almost 6 hours straight and not even played a single story mission, i can clearly say this is one of my favourite games ever.

And thanks for watching the stream! Many awesome things went down!

tci

Please tell me that there is a way to turn off the damn notifications in this game. So annoying. I've turned off the Uplay crap, but there doesn't seem to be any option for the game notifications.

Please tell me that there is a way to turn off the damn notifications in this game. So annoying. I've turned off the Uplay crap, but there doesn't seem to be any option for the game notifications.
This is my issue of late. All these damn notifications are fucking annoying.

please someone figure out how to mod out this ui. I dream eagerly of the days I can tread alone through the wilds with nothing other than my map.

Megasoum

Banned
The game is incredible overall but I gotta say, I LOVE the movement and animations. The way you actually feel like you have a body and not just a floating camera. The way the gun moves and raise when you get behind cover. It's amazing.

tci

This is my issue of late. All these damn notifications are fucking annoying.

please someone figure out how to mod out this ui. I dream eagerly of the days I can tread alone through the wilds with nothing other than my map.
The worst thing is that the items queue up. So if I want to exit the game, each time I click Esc a new item opens and I have to close it.

Ken

I want to buy this because "Skyrim on a tropical island" sounds amazing but I think I'm bored of FPS games. How much "adventure" in this is there versus shooting stuff.

I'm glad they kept the "pulling things out of you" animations for when you are wounded.

It was funny in FC2 because they were either glitchy or randomized, I would hurt myself from falling off a cliff and respond by pulling a bullet out of my arm, lol.

legacyzero

Banned
I gotta try Downsampling at some point.
It cleans things up nice. Makes for great shots. My PC is being an ass and doesn't want me to play at higher resolutions than that one =/

I'm glad they kept the "pulling things out of you" animations for when you are wounded.

It was funny in FC2 because they were either glitchy or randomized, I would hurt myself from falling off a cliff and respond by pulling a bullet out of my arm, lol.

I once got hurt from being under water for too long. I spat out a tooth :lol

Shaka

So anyone else unable to finish the first mission due to Grant randomly fucking freezing. $100 for a game that wont let me past the first mission. What a joke. :(

Definity

Played all evening on PC (comfy couch mode) and I love it so far. Deserves the review scores for sure. I've been playing on hard difficulty for an extra challenge. Makes me think about how I approach each situation and only go guns blazing when I really need it.

I can see myself going for 100% in this one because you get rewards for just about everything you do. My only complaints would be the hud and the ui seems a bit clunky. I was a bit worried going in since I hated far cry 2 but there is no comparison at ALL.

Ok...back to the island.

anddo0

need to step on the gas and finish Hitman

Same here. I looked at a walkthrough to check my progress. I should have it wrapped up before the weekend is out.

I'm on the fence about which platform to go with. The PC version doesn't seem optimized. My 7970m is good. But people with desktop 670's are barley getting 60fps. The PS3 looks good from the streams I've viewed. It may be the no hassle way to go.

Top Bottom