• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubb

What times are the daily resets at? I feel like there's a few different ones and I can't quite figure them out.

(In Eastern time, if you can, though I'll figure it out if not)

Daily quests seems to be 8PM EST, login rewards seems to be around 12AM.

Deadly

So how strong do you have to be to beat the Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? I only managed to take out 1/4 of his hp before I wiped
Anyone?

Also if you already have Jeanne make sure you've got different skins/portraits equipped while in Orleans. Learned that the hard way :lol

Hung_real

Anyone?

Also if you already have Jeanne make sure you've got different skins/portraits equipped while in Orleans. Learned that the hard way :lol

command spells revive make it very easy IMO, but not something you can touch until you get to ~ lvl 40 with your team

i beat him with waver , jeane , herc, shielder and cu team

Yayate

at which point usually people start caring character skill levels?

Focus on ascending your servants first. The most important skill levels are 6 and 10. Golden skill gems are incredibly painful to farm, even moreso now that we don't even have specific class dailies.

Put a few gems into levelling attack up skills, but don't use too many resources yet.

Deadly

command spells revive make it very easy IMO, but not something you can touch until you get to ~ lvl 40 with your team

i beat him with waver , jeane , herc, shielder and cu team

I mean without command spells. Hmm I forgot there actually was backup slots, probably should fill those up. Kinda feels like cheating though haha

Focus on ascending your servants first. The most important skill levels are 6 and 10. Golden skill gems are incredibly painful to farm, even moreso now that we don't even have specific class dailies.

Put a few gems into levelling attack up skills, but don't use too many resources yet.

ahh ok

Umbooki

Just ran through all of the Caster training Grounds and killed at least 10 Lamia/Naga.

0 (Zero) Snake Jewels. End me now, fam.

Yayate

Why did they make Iskandar really cool and Caesar really lame?

There's been some serious implications that this isn't Caesar's 'proper form'.
His summoning line has him being kind of confused at how he qualifies for Saber,
and the second Halloween event has someone freak out that he wasn't the 'beautiful Caesar they remembered'

Got a summon ticket, used it and got Saber Alter!

I assume she's worth leveling?

Saber Alter is better than Saber Vanilla. Her NP has a special, extra high damage modifier so ti does gross damage. Her attack is also dangerously close to Saber's, even with the rarity difference.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at Jeanne's growth curve, I think I'll keep her at around 40 for now. Bought all of this month's summoning tickets so it's back to the story. Still impressed by the production values. The music's great too.

Got a summon ticket, used it and got Saber Alter!
Congrats!

Mupod

I'm a bit confused about craft essence leveling. I have oodles of 1* shit CEs from the free summoning, do I just dump all those into my good 4* ones? Or fuse them together first?

Yayate

I'm a bit confused about craft essence leveling. I have oodles of 1* shit CEs from the free summoning, do I just dump all those into my good 4* ones? Or fuse them together first?

Merge multiple 1*s together to save yourself some QP. Feeding a levelled CE to another one directly transfers experience.

It can get extremely expensive to level up CEs, so it's best ot just level up a ton of 1 or 2 stars and then toss a large amount of them into one 5 or 4 star.

chrono01

Either works.

Duplicates increase the level cap, and can be done at any time. Anything else just increases their level, improves the stats they provide when equipped.

Also, nice tip Yayate!

chrono01

So... any point to reroll or is the initial roll always fixed?
Tutorial pull will give you a 4* servant at best (guaranteed 4* servant of the ones provided in the starting list). The one after that, which you use your Star Quartz on, is the one you want to re-roll on.

Kenai

So... any point to reroll or is the initial roll always fixed?

The very first roll is fixed at at least 1 random 4* of a set and no 5*, but there's a second roll you can do not long after when you get the login rewards that is not fixed.

Articalys

I know the type of player you are from reading other gacha threads and you are way too focused on mixmaxing and being set up for future success. I don't really know how to explain it in a way to ease your mind. To give you an anecdote and a personal example, i destroyed the JP content minus Camelot. I did not have Waver. I rolled on a ton of characters and know what all the SSRs do for the most part. I know exactly what I want to roll as a result because I aim for a specific gameplay style. Not because it's OP but because I love that style. For the longest time I ran Quick teams and then I switched to Buster because my favorite character was a Buster character. The nature of the beast is that you don't NEED waver. I certainly didn't. Anyone who is making it sound like you need it is most likely giving you that message unconsciously.
All right, all right, fine. I'll just play.
Merge multiple 1*s together to save yourself some QP. Feeding a levelled CE to another one directly transfers experience.

It can get extremely expensive to level up CEs, so it's best ot just level up a ton of 1 or 2 stars and then toss a large amount of them into one 5 or 4 star.

Either works.

Duplicates increase the level cap, and can be done at any time. Anything else just increases their level, improves the stats they provide when equipped.

Also, nice tip Yayate!
This is the kind of stuff that should really go in the FAQ/tips section of the OP beyond just memes.

dragn

lvl 31 altera + 20 jeanne just dont die in the 40 ap xp daily lol using emiyas right now as support

any high lvls got friend slot open? i just started playing after rerolling

Arabesque

at which point usually people start caring character skill levels?

Sometime after the 3rd/4th singularity you will be able to/expected to start levelling your skills to higher levels. Whether or not it is possible to max them will be dependent on the servants in question/how generous the events are.

I mean without command spells. Hmm I forgot there actually was backup slots, probably going to fill those up. Kinda feels like cheating though haha

Based on my experience in FGO JPN:

After completing Septem, level up your units as far as you can, then go in with Mash/Berserker/Support Waver as your front line, with the back line either being made of your other high level units or the ones with some form of survivability in their kit, stuff like Mind's Eye, Battle Continuation, and Protection from Arrows (really strong vs Shadow Hercules in case your front line falls) just as a percussion if thing go terribly wrong.

If you don't want to use a back up and want to do this with only 3 servants, then keep the vanguard the same with Mash and Waver, but have a servant with a strong single target NP to hit Berserker with. Also, have them jacked on strong craft essences, with the servant with the single target NP have an NP charge from battle start (stuff like Dragon's Meridian, Imaginary Number, Kaleidoscope) or if you feel brave, give them an NP damage Up CE like Dragon's breath or Heaven's Feel.

The goal is to keep your single target alive while charging up their NP, and keep hitting Shadow Herc with it till he drops dead. Mash's skills are super useful here, as her first gives you defense and the second survivability and NP charge, while support Waver is useful in giving you quick NP charge with his first skill (and if you are lucky to see one ascended*, his second skill gives also defenses bonus and 10% NP charge).

*I don''t know if that is possible now however, given the dearth of ascension material and the QP requirements.

You could also try and replace Waver with Hans or Shakespeare, depending on the single target servant you go with.

Some Single target servants who could work:

Robin
Caesar
Both Cu's
Ushiwakamaru
Carmilla
Heracles (if you can't beat them, summon them and let them beat themselves)
Lu Bu

You can also use servants with strong in built defenses/survivabilitylike St. George or Marie, but they need to be sufficiently levelled and have access to their 3rd skills to make the best use of them with this strategy.

Myself, I will be saving Shadow Herc for when I get my first servant up to 3rd Ascension so I can handle him, though we will see how it goes.

Why did they make Iskandar really cool and Caesar really lame?

Gotta get that Berlusconi charm, yo.

And also
Caesar's class which he finds himself most suited to is the same as Iskandar, given how much he modeled himself after him as a Rider (and perhaps sharing the same horse, or the namesake anyways).

The goal is to keep your single target alive while charging up their NP, and keep hitting Shadow Herc with it till he drops dead. Mash's skills are super useful here, as her first gives you defense and the second survivability and NP charge, while support Waver is useful in giving you quick NP charge with his first skill (and if you are lucky to see one ascended*, his second skill gives also defenses bonus and 10% NP charge).

*I don''t know if that is possible now however, given the dearth of ascension material and the QP requirements.

I don't think I have ever seen a time of any day this week when there weren't ascended Wavers with defense buff available. I was only even able to break into doing the 30 AP dailies thanks to these guys.

Deadly

Based on my experience in FGO JPN:

After completing Septem, level up your units as far as you can, then go in with Mash/Berserker/Support Waver as your front line, with the back line either being made of your other high level units or the ones with some form of survivability in their kit, stuff like Mind's Eye, Battle Continuation, and Protection from Arrows (really strong vs Shadow Hercules in case your front line falls) just as a percussion if thing go terribly wrong.

If you don't want to use a back up and want to do this with only 3 servants, then keep the vanguard the same with Mash and Waver, but have a servant with a strong single target NP to hit Berserker with. Also, have them jacked on strong craft essences, with the servant with the single target NP have an NP charge from battle start (stuff like Dragon's Meridian, Imaginary Number, Kaleidoscope) or if you feel brave, give them an NP damage Up CE like Dragon's breath or Heaven's Feel.

You could also try and replace Waver with Hans or Shakespeare, depending on the single target servant you go with.

Some Single target servants who could work:

Robin
Caesar
Both Cu's
Ushiwakamaru
Carmilla
Heracles (if you can't beat them, summon them and let them beat themselves)
Lu Bu

You can also use servants with strong in built defenses/survivabilitylike St. George or Marie, but they need to be sufficiently levelled and have access to their 3rd skills to make the best use of them with this strategy.

Myself, I will be saving Shadow Herc for when I get my first servant up to 3rd Ascension so I can handle him, though we will see how it goes.
Interesting interesting thanks! I went in with Jeanne, Waver, Berserker but did it blindly without any kind of plan.

Stider

I will say, the jump in bond points needed from 5 to 6 came as bit of a shock, going to take a while to get to 10 it looks like. Are there any servants that are recommended to get to 10 first?

Voror

Is it better to level duplicate servants before using them to level up the main ones noble phantasm? Or just good to do it immediately?

Yayate

I will say, the jump in bond points needed from 5 to 6 came as bit of a shock, going to take a while to get to 10 it looks like. Are there any servants that are recommended to get to 10 first?

You're not supposed to grind or worry about it. Just keep that servant in your team for a long, long while. If you have Herc, keep him in your party and never pull him out. For any other characters, don't worry too much.

Characters also give gold fruits and quartz depending on their rarity for bond levels above 5.

Is it better to level duplicate servants before using them to level up the main ones noble phantasm? Or just good to do it immediately?

Use them to level up NP instantly. Levelling them up before does nothing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I know it's far off but chances are there will be a new year's gacha where you can pay for a 10 roll and get a guarantee 5*. iirc the pool was filled with limited servants.

BaconHat

I know it's far off but chances are there will be a new year's gacha where you can pay for a 10 roll and get a guarantee 5*. iirc the pool was filled with limited servants.

...that seems amazing.
Especially considering how huge the number of 5* servants is based on what i've seen on the grand order wiki.

Khezu

How much was it?

The prices for this game seem kinda ridiculous.
But I don't play enough mobile gacha games to really have a good comparison.

Quonny

How much was it?

The prices for this game seem kinda ridiculous.
But I don't play enough mobile gacha games to really have a good comparison.
They're about average for base prices.

But a lot of gacha have sales or discounted daily pulls. I don't know if FGO ever had or will have those.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So didn't get any of the servants I wanted, but apparently waver is good or something. Should I just keep this for gameplay purposes despite not liking any of these.
JV1yp7i.jpg

Aquila

So didn't get any of the servants I wanted, but apparently waver is good or something. Should I just keep this for gameplay purposes despite not liking any of these.

I'd keep it or at least the transfer code in case you don't roll anything better. I kind of regret not rerolling for a good 5* summon batch but I'm in too deep now. Waver is worth the hype; just having him as a support party member is ridiculous.

Tamamo Cat, Cu, and Medea are all good servants and you still have your free 4* character pick coming up.

Just saw on /v/ that we only have "24 hours to get those tickets".

Which tickers do they refer? Is there something that is limited and happening right now?

chrono01

Just saw on /v/ that we only have "24 hours to get those tickets".

Which tickers do they refer? Is there something that is limited and happening right now?
They're referring to the Summon Tickets you can exchange 20 Mana Prisms for. We're supposed to get five per month, that's replenished when it rolls over into a new month, but the duration for this one says that it's available for more than a year. Whether it'll reset when it becomes July is anyone's guess, but I can't see us only getting five tickets for the entire year. It's probably just a bug.

In any case, if you have enough Mana Prisms to exchange for one (or two, or three, etc.), best to buy as many as you can. The best way to earn Mana Prisms are by burning/selling any 3* EXP fodder you have, as they give one per.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom