• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

So I got Atilla a few days ago, just barely I tried for Gilgamesh and got ANOTHER Atilla. Are you allowed to have 2 of the same servant on a team? Or should I just increase my first Atilla's Noble Phantasm?

Articalys

I wonder if anyone's gone through the game to see how many typos were fixed/other text edits were made. Just noticed they changed Mash's second skill name to the more common fan translation "Obscurant Wall of Chalk", for one.

Ephidel

I wonder if anyone's gone through the game to see how many typos were fixed/other text edits were made. Just noticed they changed Mash's second skill name to the more common fan translation "Obscurant Wall of Chalk", for one.
They fixed Saber Lily's "plesase" on pickup.
They didn't fix "Shakespear" yet though.

bilas

Banned
The process of rerolling is so tedious...10/15 minutes for each reroll :(
image.php

Decided to start over with a spare account. Now that I've felt the saltiness of 1% SSR rate, I will... roll more conservatively. 😑

Will start readding friends soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mupod

finally managed to get a reverse dragon scale from the daily just before bed. Now I just need 3 more berserker pieces and I can ascend Vlad a second time. I got quite a few from one of the dailies earlier in the week but without that, I guess I'm stuck farming the Thiers free quest?

So how strict are they with frequent device transfers? Being home on the weekends, it'd be nice to transfer my account to the tablet, and then back to my phone during the week. Would they ban me for swapping between the same two devices weekly like that?

elty

Honestly, as much as I won't whale (will purchase the guaranteed 5* summon when/if they're offered, though), I love to see the game making as much money as it is. Great to see there's an audience for this kind of thing, bodes well for the future.

Just wait until Jeanne Alter is released...

What guaranteed 5*?

edit: I hope they restock the summon tickets more often.

Kaname

Oh well, spent everything I had and no Gil. Just curious but is there no way to get crystals now that I've finished all the free quests except for the weekly shards exchange and daily login bonus?

Mupod

What guaranteed 5*?

edit: I hope they restock the summon tickets more often.

from what I understand, on special occasions like new years or the game's anniversary they put out a one-time paid gacha that guarantees one 5*. Problem is only paid saint quartz works, it doesn't even count the bonus SQ you get when you buy a larger pack.

Oh well, spent everything I had and no Gil. Just curious but is there no way to get crystals now that I've finished all the free quests except for the weekly shards exchange and daily login bonus?

that's how this kind of game works, you're reliant on what content is added. There are many more story chapters to come, events, maintenance compensation etc. But they don't add repeatable/farmable sources of the paid currency for obvious reasons.

kewlmyc

nah the dirty part is that only like 2/3 of the quartz you buy even counts as 'paid'. The rest is 'bonus'

Hehe, that sucks. At least this game is strictly PvE, so the temptation to whale isn't really here unless you really want a certain character.

xequalsy

I seem to only to be able to get 5* CE and not 5* Servants. :/

Oh well, at least 5* CE is useful. And I still have a week or so to try and get lucky for Gilgamesh.

elty

So dies it make sense (or even possible) to farm second ascension material? I want to second ascend my 5* (Waver and Gil) so I can burn more EXP card.

So put me on your ignore list then. It's there for a reason.

I just find it amusing that an event like the half-AP has cranked the games pacing into overdrive just a couple weeks after launch. Anyone with enough spare cycles can pretty much level anything they get their hands on up to max and set up a box full of nothing but 4* exp cards, as long as you're willing to sit through pretty much the exact same battles ad infinitum.

You can't really do this though. For the most part you have to wait for certain days. Like I need the little chess pieces tomorrow. In addition you have a finite amount of ap and the dailies that drop ascension materials give a full third of the xp that the 40ap(20 for now) xp daily gives. Meaning once you have taxed your 90ap(in my case) you essentially can't play for over an hour while your ap rebuilds.

Also I had 210 quartz from saving/free quests/purchase and got zero Gil. Two Altera's though and 3 Lancelot's.

Mupod

I wonder if the content flood in fire emblem heroes is a coincidence or they planned it for this game's launch. There was fuck all to do in that game until FGO came out, lol.

Shizuka

It's a shame that now that I get how to farm for EXP cards, the only good Servants I have are Waver, Martha and Hercules.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wonder if the content flood in fire emblem heroes is a coincidence or they planned it for this game's launch. There was fuck all to do in that game until FGO came out, lol.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. There would be days in FEH where I would just log in and then log out. Now there's so much to do, including today's tempest. Oh well. Can't complain about too much.

In other news, I finally got a dragon scale to drop from the daily. Only took 23423423 runs. Drop rates are crazy!

Mupod

It's a shame that now that I get how to farm for EXP cards, the only good Servants I have are Waver, Martha and Hercules.

level up a St. George (2 star from friend point summon) and use your Waver with my Vlad as a support (or just use Herc). I guarantee results. Lots of low-star servants have situational uses and are worth leveling. Cu Chulainn and Sasaki Kojiro are pretty famous as such.

St. George in general is a funny case to me. back when I frequently engaged in powerlevel shitflinging type-moon discussions St. George was brought up a lot as someone who would make for a very powerful, high-tier Servant. But in this game he's a 2 star goober with meh art and simple animations. Yet when I put him on my main team he ended up being incredibly useful. His 3 turn taunt, arts NP and solid defense make him a key member anytime I face something that might threaten Vlad. His low damage and tendency to suck up all the crit stars is the only downside, but I just need to ascend/fou upgrade him a bit.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Going back to the bought quartz, the guaranteed gacha is one time only and "at least one 5*". So I guess the bonus not counting does suck if you aren't buying the 140 pack. But from my CAD math the 140 pack is best quart per dollar.

Farming mats right now is really terrible for me. Just going to farm mana prisms for those expensive CEs later.

Mupod

I only farmed a dragonscale because I got one from the story, one from the login bonus, and I only needed a third for Vlad's ascension. It wasn't too bad and I got a bunch of Rider/Caster gems at least.

It's these berserker pieces that suck because I'm so close and now I'm too impatient to wait for next week, lol. The drop rate in Thiers is horrible, I've gotten one in maybe 20 clears, it's just something I use to empty out my stamina when I only have 15 or so left.

Voror

level up a St. George (2 star from friend point summon) and use your Waver with my Vlad as a support (or just use Herc). I guarantee results. Lots of low-star servants have situational uses and are worth leveling. Cu Chulainn and Sasaki Kojiro are pretty famous as such.

I haven't used Cu or Sasaki much yet, but what the situations for them? Cu I seem to read is that he's just hard to kill and Sasaki I think is good for getting stars.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I haven't used Cu or Sasaki much yet, but what the situations for them? Cu I seem to read is that he's just hard to kill and Sasaki I think is good for getting stars.

Cu is great for just that reason - really hard to kill, so he absorbs a lot of damage for your team. His NP is also pretty strong for taking out a single target.

Voror

Cu is great for just that reason - really hard to kill, so he absorbs a lot of damage for your team. His NP is also pretty strong for taking out a single target.

I almost feel it would be neat if he had the taunt skill, but perhaps that would be a bit broken. I'm still leveling him after his first ascension, but I'll have to start adding him in to see how he does.

Draxal

Coincidence, the content that they're doing is all the same thing over again in a new package.

Hubb

Why do you think all quarz you buy has part of it be listed as "bonus" for absolutely no reason at the first glance?

It's cuz it can't be used for this gacha...

Lol I was wondering why and couldn't figure it out...makes all sense now

It is that and also to tempt you into buying the highest tier. You lose out on a ton of free SQ by buying the $12 up to $80 vs just buying the $80 tier.

Kaname

Just realized someone in my friendlist has a NP 2 Gil with Kaleidoscope :O
Plus Altria and Vlad already double Ascended...so jelly right now

Shizuka

St. George in general is a funny case to me. back when I frequently engaged in powerlevel shitflinging type-moon discussions St. George was brought up a lot as someone who would make for a very powerful, high-tier Servant. But in this game he's a 2 star goober with meh art and simple animations. Yet when I put him on my main team he ended up being incredibly useful. His 3 turn taunt, arts NP and solid defense make him a key member anytime I face something that might threaten Vlad. His low damage and tendency to suck up all the crit stars is the only downside, but I just need to ascend/fou upgrade him a bit.

Well, I just spent all my Friend Points and no luck, just other Servants. Already got by Martha to 50/50 after ascending her, only one that's left is getting my Waver to 60/60.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
All out of AP now. Farmed my ass off for some mats and still wound up with zero serpent jewels lmao.

Did get a few ghost lanterns and a twin crystal (or w/e), so I guess it could have been worse?

OVDRobo

I don't even know how to feel any more. After dumping all my saint quartz and tickets chasing after Berserker Lancelot, I used the excessive amounts of AP I gained to finish off the rest of the available free missions.

Did one final ten-pull with all the resources available to me and got... Gilgamesh. I know it's a case of pearls before swine but I don't even like this golden asshole. I just wanted Lancelot.

Oh well, it is what it is, I guess.

I'm readding some of y'all since I decided to go with a new, better account this time. Appreciate it you all could extend too, if you've still got space.

Friend ID is 495,207,068. The name this time is Night

Clov

With the three summon tickets given out for this event, can you hold onto them, or will they disappear when the event ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom