• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI investigating reports that Orlando gunman was a club regular/used gay dating apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it makes sense to join a gay dating app to scope out where gay bars are at considering google exists.

There might be another side to this, racial or looking for something specific in the context
None of this new information makes much sense. Why would he ask his wife to drive him to club that he frequented to "scope it out"?

There seems to be layers and layers of stuff going on in this case, I just hope that there's some way for the FBI to sort it out.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The dad's pretty cuckoo too. He thinks he's the president-in-exile of Afghanistan and has YouTube videos presenting his decrees to his officials and raving against the traitors in his government who work with Pakistan.

Uh...WHAT? This seems like it should be a little more newsworthy, no?

kavanf1

So a huge homophobe with huge mental problems, clearly and not some "islamic extremist"?

See... This is why you don't jump to conclusions right away.
On the contrary, it seems highly likely based on current info that an extreme religious upbringing contributed directly to his homophobia and mental conflict related to homosexuality.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It doesn't sound to me like he was hiding his homosexuality that much, but rather that he was conflicted and eventually radicalized and did the attack to redeem himself from his "sin".

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually have some friends who apparently had this guy hit them up on same gay dating apps when they were in Florida. One of them even mentioned on facebook once we had the guys name and pictures. Creepy but I guess its not that surprising with how vehement and venomous some people get with self hatred.

E92 M3

Fortunately, we are becoming more open as a society, but self-hatred is unfortunately very common. I imagine that being a closet homosexual is a very difficult burden. Nonetheless, it doesn't excuse the crazy motherfucker.

I actually have some friends who apparently had this guy hit them up on same gay dating apps when they were in Florida. One of them even mentioned on facebook once we had the guys name and pictures. Creepy but I guess its not that surprising with how vehement and venomous some people get with self hatred.

If this is true they need to go to the police and I wouldn't share any further information on here.

Read above. This wasn't a crime of passion.

I'm going with a little from column A and a little from column B. He wasn't hitting on dudes, going to gay clubs well outside his hometown for 3 years and using Grindr, Jack'd and Adam4Adam because he wanted to be an inside operative.

He also didn't suddenly, over the course of a short period of time, decide that he was going to buy an AR-15 and kill a group of innocent people.

This is something that very well could have taken years to work up to doing. This whole plot could something he was using to cover his dick loving ways for all we know.

That's.... basically what I said? I didn't say it was a crime if passion, I said he lost it, it being his mind/sanity, as you would have to in order to commit an atrocity like this.

I even suggested he only called in the Isis/al Qaeda/etc. stuff to cover up his true intentions.

akira28

that's very strange considering Pashtun are supposed to be the hypermasculine warrior culture of super tough self-reliant mountainmen. But I guess when they say they don't need anything but themselves, not even women...it becomes more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom