• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

The characters just aren't that likeable or interesting in this show. The only ones who are were the addict and the ex-military. One of which is dead I think? The mother is especially annoying.

The premise was good, just needs better characters.

I agree that they need better characters, but I find Nick annoying as fuck. I just want to say to the writers, "Yeah, we get it. All those times shooting up somehow made him the perfect survivor! Hey, he kinda was a zombie when he was on drugs!" They tried to make it deep, but it's really not.

Strand might be interesting, but only because he's somewhat mysterious still. Last weeks episode bugged me in that all the supposedly decent Mexican people were portrayed as religious/superstitious to the extent that they would have one of their own die a horrible death rather than try to ease his suffering somehow. Did anyone from the town even question that?

After almost two full seasons

Not that I care who dies and who doesn't at this point, except Chris, he can go. But the first season was 6 episodes, second is just over the halfway point. I'd say we're at about one full season right now, definitely not 2 full seasons, lol.

okay, I know nobody really cares but I have to say this.
I hit that point where I groaned and said "ohhhh god this shit never ends" during last week's episode. I am dropping this for now and will only watch TWD now.

This show was a rollercoaster of wasted potential. At first, I was very interested in the show and I actually thought it was way more entertaining than TWD. But then season two started and it all kind of went downhill. I was gonna drop the show earlier but then they got to Mexico so I stuck around to see what they'd do with this new setting; and what we go was....... a group of survivors that hold a dark secret..... how.... original. At this point I was just hoping that this mid season premier would hold more promise, but that new group the drug addict found looks like its the same as the last group of survivors.

I just can't do it anymore. I only have room for one mediocre zombie show in my life.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not that I care who dies and who doesn't at this point, except Chris, he can go. But the first season was 6 episodes, second is just over the halfway point. I'd say we're at about one full season right now, definitely not 2 full seasons, lol.

Yeah, only 15 episodes of the series have aired. Not even one "full" Walking Dead season (16 episodes).

Agreed

How many episodes of this tedium are left this season?

6 episodes are left this season.

Wait, the new season started?

The second season began on April 10 and then ran for 7 weeks before taking a break. It then picked back up again on August 21.

I was going to do a write up about the last two episodes, but I can't even.

This show is bad. I'm just wondering how are they going to have a 16 episode third season...

Fear the walking dead should have been used to show us see how the characters on the walking dead survived the initial outbreak.

Anything is better than what we have now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ratings:

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating

Pretty consistent drop. The only raise seems to be around the time they go to that island and the following episode (which was good) but I might be misremembering the episode orders.

Surfinn

Good point, but I'll also argue that after 6 episodes of TWD, we cared about more characters than we currently do in FTWD, after double the episodes.

As a character driven show, that's a complete failure.

I mean.. who would you REALLY care for if they ended up dying next episode?

I'm the same. I have to see it through to the end now.

If ratings continue to drop as they've been, that end won't be far away now, at least.

Here's hoping

I was going to ask about the ratings, but I just assumed they were good because it's related to TWD.

I was going to ask about the ratings, but I just assumed they were good because it's related to TWD.

I think it's a testament to how disappointing this show has been that even the TWD brand isn't saving it.

I feel bad for some of the talents on the cast for having to work with such poor writing.

So I watched last week's episode. It was better than the Nick-only episode, but only because we got to spread the stupid out among everyone instead of just one moron.

Let's leave doors open. Let's make a racket. Let's get drunk. Once the shit hits the fan, let's stop knocking on doors to check for walkers and instead go pounding down the hallway and throw open the first door we come to.

Stupid characters deserve to die. Unfortunately, these morons will continue to live so that we can watch them.

Ugh. I'll probably watch tonight's episode because I am apparently going to hate watch this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Do Not Disturb

Travis struggles to connect with Chris while searching for shelter. Meanwhile, Alicia meets a lonely woman with a bloody past.

The episode was written by Lauren Signorino, (who is making her proper Fear the Walking Dead debut after writing the first two episodes of Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462) and was directed by Michael McDonough (who is also making his proper Fear the Walking Dead debut after directing every episode of Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462).

Tonight's Talking Dead guest stars are:

Jonah Ray (Nerdist host)
and a surprise cast member (or two?)

So dude just broke the car window with rebar and then opened it from the outside. Wat

I didn't pay much attention but I thought he broke the backseat window. Probably reached in and unlocked the front door.

Rewound it. He breaks the back window and then absolutely opens the door from the outside.

:jnc

The dad at the wedding sure did change in a hurry, too. Took Andrea's sister all night. This dude changes in like 10 seconds.

Rewound it. He breaks the back window and then absolutely opens the door from the outside.

:jnc

The dad at the wedding sure did change in a hurry, too. Took Andrea's sister all night. This dude changes in like 10 seconds.
Jim lasted like two days didnt he? Doesn't some sort of TWD media explain how fast someone turns IIRC? The CDC plot maybe? The sick people at the prison turned fast Milton did too and so did
Nick but Pete lasted until the next day
(from the Telltale series)

Bandit1

About to start tonight's episode and couldn't help but notice the thread had less than ten posts while the show was on air...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
About to start tonight's episode and couldn't help but notice the thread had less than ten posts while the show was on air...

Chris episode had me tuning out. Did he die?

Bandit1

I actually felt like this was a really solid episode. Apart from the gripes on breaking window=unlocking door and one of the quickest reanimations of all time. Some pretty tense moments, especially near the end. Chris fit right in with those punks, felt really bad for Travis throughout the episode.

Zoe

Had more important things to watch. I'm surprised they actually bothered with a new episode this week

\m/

This episode was a big step up from the previous two. I enjoyed it a lot.

I agree that Chris still needs to die though. He's beyond help now, and Travis seems to finally realize that at the end.

SURGEdude

This episode was a big step up from the previous two. I enjoyed it a lot.

I agree that Chris still needs to die though. He's beyond help now, and Travis seems to finally realize that at the end.

It was a bit better. But compared to the worst half-season opener in history, and last week's debacle that isn't high praise.

It was the first episode since it's been back that wasn't difficult to watch. There was actually a bit of suspense, something this show has been mostly incapable of.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Chris is this show's Shane. He gets shit done and does whatever it takes to survive, even if it means killing innocent people. He's one of the more compelling characters on the show right now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It would be amazing if Chris and Travis' relationship developed in the same way that Rick and Shane's did, except this time Shane won out.

i really liked the first five minutes of the episode and the camp fire scene.. everything else was ok.

Like every episode then lol, dam show is a bore fest, characters and the pace of the episodes are mind boggling dull.

Makes me wonder if it's intentional just to keep the momentum of the walking dead up to pace

Not sure I've ever wanted a show cancelled so bad

bitbydeath

Much better episode than the last two and surprisingly the Chris and Travis scenes were better than everything else combined from this half season.

RPGCrazied

How many times can someone say "bro"?

And I have a feeling Chris's dad is going to end up leaving him with these guys.

Top Bottom