• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

Bandit1

Can't say that I was very impressed with this returning episode. I don't mind slower-paced episodes but it just seemed as if nothing really happened here until the end. I will say it was interesting that rehab girl was the one he found chewing on the guy in the first episode. But the banditos getting overtaken by the walkers... C'mon people. I mean all the guy had to do was pick up the bullets and run.

This episode really made me miss the fall of society depicted in the first season. I feel like this show has moved on too quickly and already feels too similar to the main show. Not that I'm dropping it or anything.

Surfinn

Watching someone survive in the zombie apocalypse isn't filler when it's on a show about people surviving in the zombie apocalypse.

It is when there's literally nothing happening. This is coming from someone who's favorite movie is A New Hope were they walk around in the desert for the beginning like 20 minutes of the film.

What we saw was completely useless filler. It's hard to even care what we're seeing on screen when Nick single handedly created this situation for no real reason (instead of just sticking with the group). It's more infuriating, than anything, wondering why we're watching someone walk through Mexico alone with no food, water or protection for no real reason or purpose.

The Nick stuff could have been cut into a 5-10 min segment and it would have accomplished the same damn thing.

Felt like the budget was a HS student's lunch money.

DeviantBoi

Started watching the most recent episode... and I just gave up on it when the kid started drinking his urine.

Not that I was disgusted or anything... it's just that it made me realize once and for all that I don't really care about the character. I don't like him, even.

I don't care about any of the characters. At all. They could be killed off and it wouldn't bother me.

I think I'm just gonna drop the show. There's too much to watch to be wasting my time watching stuff I don't enjoy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating

Series low ratings, although it did go up against the final night of the Olympics.

The characters on this show just aren't interesting enough to carry an episode on their own. Not like TWD. Hell, I think I could watch an episode of Voyager with just Harry Kim and be more entertained.

BizzyBum

Can't say that I was very impressed with this returning episode. I don't mind slower-paced episodes but it just seemed as if nothing really happened here until the end. I will say it was interesting that rehab girl was the one he found chewing on the guy in the first episode. But the banditos getting overtaken by the walkers... C'mon people. I mean all the guy had to do was pick up the bullets and run.

This episode really made me miss the fall of society depicted in the first season. I feel like this show has moved on too quickly and already feels too similar to the main show. Not that I'm dropping it or anything.

Yup, agree completely. Kirkman refusing to depict the exact origins of the outbreak hurt this show. We're midway through season 2 and we are already at the point where society is completely gone. It just happened way too fast.

By far the worst part of the episode, and probably the worst part in all Walking Dead, were those two gang member deaths. Yeah, the series is known for ninja zombies and some pretty lame deaths, but god damn was this bad. The guy with the pistol was bad enough, but somehow the guy with the automatic weapon couldn't shoot his gun and dies, too? Just laughably bad, as if they are doing it intentionally.

RPGCrazied

Ratings:

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating

Series low ratings, although it did go up against the final night of the Olympics.

Keep dropping like that there won't be a season 3.

Enzom21

The characters on this show just aren't interesting enough to carry an episode on their own. Not like TWD. Hell, I think I could watch an episode of Voyager with just Harry Kim and be more entertained.

It's not just that they aren't interesting, they're also fucking stupid as hell.
The writers of this show can't seem to create tense moments without making the characters do absolutely idiotic things.

Deku Tree

Yup, agree completely. Kirkman refusing to depict the exact origins of the outbreak hurt this show. We're midway through season 2 and we are already at the point where society is completely gone. It just happened way too fast.

By far the worst part of the episode, and probably the worst part in all Walking Dead, were those two gang member deaths. Yeah, the series is known for ninja zombies and some pretty lame deaths, but god damn was this bad. The guy with the pistol was bad enough, but somehow the guy with the automatic weapon couldn't shoot his gun and dies, too? Just laughably bad, as if they are doing it intentionally.

Skipping the origins of the outbreak is necessary, any explanation they gave would be bad. But Yeah the whole reason that I thought this show would be different was to see the downfall of society due to the outbreak. Now we're not that far into it and society is crumbled completely and it's just more Walking Dead with a new cast.

Not to mention that the formula is so over used that it's hard to feel it anymore. Everyone knows the really tense walker almost death moment with the main character is gonna end with some dramatic last second life saving thing happening.

Daffy Duck

I really like Nick, but dayum that was a pretty dull episode, he walked a little, got shot at, gave some people a menacing look, got bitten by dogs, walked a bit, then passed out and met up with some Mexicans.

Hmmmmm.

It fills me with dread at what else this season will do if this was the opener after the mid season break.

SURGEdude

That's the kind of episode you run don't want to run at a premier or finale. If I wasn't already somewhat committed I likely quit watching. Any newcomers to the series won't be coming back thanks to that snoozefest.

And then the bandits and Nick's dumbass worldview sap any life out of much needed scenes of conflict.

I also wish they have lengthened the fall of society instead of quickly moving into the kind of situations already addressed and recycled on the main show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Los Muertos

After the fall of the compound, Madison, Strand and others forge a tenuous path forward. Meanwhile, Nick is recruited for a perilous assignment.

Tonight's episode was written by Alan Page (who last wrote 2.03 "Ouroboros", the one where they investigate the plane crash) and was directed by Deborah Chow (Mr. Robot, Tyrant) who is making her Fear the Walking Dead debut.

Guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Colman Domingo (Strand)
Kim Dickens (Madison)
Ethan Embry (actor: Grace and Frankie, Once Upon a Time)

I'm bailing. Or at least letting the DVR pile up a few episodes and seeing whether things improve significantly.

Edit - it will be interesting to see how low the ratings go this week after last week's borefest.

Surfinn

New episode tonight:

Tonight's episode was written by Alan Page (who last wrote 2.03 "Ouroboros", the one where they investigate the plane crash) and was directed by Deborah Chow (Mr. Robot, Tyrant) who is making her Fear the Walking Dead debut.

Guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Colman Domingo (Strand)
Kim Dickens (Madison)
Ethan Embry (actor: Grace and Frankie, Once Upon a Time)
Glad they're returning to the main cast's storyline but wow I think we've had enough of Nick for an episode or two. Hopefully things get interesting tonight or people are gunna be jumping ship fast.

Cuz last episode was a complete waste of time for my GF and I. If that happens again I think we are done.

Just watched last weeks episode, I really enjoyed it. My favorites are always the single character driven eps. Last seasons Morgan episode from TWD is one of my favorites of all time.

Hopefully tonight's is as good, will watch if I'm in the mood.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Whoops, guess I zoned out during the drunken talk. What happened to her husband?

Died asleep at the wheel (so she said to the kids, implying he drove drunk).

Died asleep at the wheel (so she said to the kids, implying he drove drunk).

Or that he was depressed and suicidal. She mentioned a darkness in him, so I don't know if that is what she meant.

Edit: or maybe he was drunk and the darkness was substance abuse and that's why she felt so responsible for Nick's problems. I really don't know.

LOLOL

So i've been out since after the first midseason break and decided to check out this thread to see if there was any improvement. Just reading the comments here

iDontKnowWhatIexpected.gif

Also, I wanted to see if it improved because I was watching Deadwood and noticed Kim Dickens from this show.

Top Bottom