• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Ithil

Felt sort of forced, or just let Ambrose do all the talking.

Can't wait until he's on his own and gets into proper singles feuds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9_nhjdLa_U SuperFriends Edition!

Rollins and Reigns are not so great on the mic, but I give Rollins credit for trying his heart out, he just has a lot to overcome. Reigns is kind of goofy though with his shouting.

Ambrose, for his age, is mindblowingly good in comparison. They seem to be giving them all equal mic time, though. They obviously intend for all three of them to be big stars, not just one of them.

Pretty certain he's going to win the elimination chamber.

You heard it here first.

Swagger vs Del Rio at WM would be awesome. Both have submission finishers, Swagger is tall and strong as hell so he can fling Del Rio around and make him the underdog in a match, and both guys can wrestle damned well. Best of all they've now got opposing gimmicks, Real American vs Latino Hero. They even both have two partners in Ricardo and Dutch Mantell.

Love how Dutch Mantell single-handedly ended the "WHAT?" nonsense quick. It's all about timing, fools.

Seriously. He just talked right over those idiots. I absolutely despise the WHAT chants. There's nothing worse about WWE crowds than their insistent hanging on to that tired and played-out catchphrase.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe they're doing a patriot gimmick. I've always wanted them to, but it just seems like the same 'USA USA USA' crowd would end up CHEERING the racist asshole gimmick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. He just talked right over those idiots. I absolutely despise the WHAT chants. There's nothing worse about WWE crowds than their insistent hanging on to that tired and played-out catchphrase.

The only other way I really see people getting around it (or getting people to go bananas) was how R-Truth dealt with it.

Kaladin

Big Show Cycle:

Monster heel -> Feud with Cena -> Enhancement Talent -> Comedy Show -> Random Tag Team Run -> Repeat

I think we skipped the Random Tag Team Run in this cycle because they're making him into monster heel Show again.

Ithil

The only way to get rid of them, is to leave no real pauses in what you say, and to completely ignore their "rhythm". The "few words...pause...few words....pause...few words" way of saying a promo is what encourages them.

photo.jpg

Pavaloo

When someone knows how to work a WHAT chant properly it can be great. The Rock and Jericho know how to do it, but no one else seems to want/or know how to involve the audience with the WHAT chants.

Rock was the best example when he did his segment with Rhode Scholars. You come here. WHAT. To the Rock's show. WHAT. Smackdown. WHAT. etc etc. It works if you know how to work with it.

MG310

Going with Del Rio/Henry at WM, or Del Rio/Show/Henry. Sheamus and Orton don't really need a belt involved for that feud to work.

Cagey

Banned
When someone knows how to work a WHAT chant properly it can be great. The Rock and Jericho know how to do it, but no one else seems to want/or know how to involve the audience with the WHAT chants.

Rock was the best example when he did his segment with Rhode Scholars. You come here. WHAT. To the Rock's show. WHAT. Smackdown. WHAT. etc etc. It works if you know how to work with it.

It requires the wrestler to satirize the cliched promo cadence, but to do that requires the wrestler to understand they speak in that old cadence and realize its worth mocking. When a lot of wrestlers speak in the "WHAT?" cadence naturally, well, you're not going to get people intentionally playing off the crowd.

UberTag

Pretty certain he's going to win the elimination chamber.

You heard it here first.
How does Ziggles enter into this equation?
Does he cash in on Del Rio after Swagger brutalizes him at Mania? ADR and Swagger continue to feud after that while Ziggles defends against Y2J or D.Brine?

Or does Ziggles cash in at Elimination Chamber (now that he's lost clean to everyone on the roster the past 3 months) and the ADR-Swagger feud goes into play without the title involved?

The WrassleGAF avatar rumble happened and Big Show won.

I can help you out when I get home but hopefully someone else can hop on it before hand.

Edit: ah you want those transparent? Eh, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks buddy I appreciate anything even if its just making them avatar sized :)

Jamie OD

They were going what, but he just kept talking like they weren't, and left almost no pauses. After a moment they just stopped doing it altogether.

You could still hear some fans doing it but yeah, the trick is to stop pausing after every couple of words. Unfortunately that's the default style for pro wrestling promos nowadays.

Is there video of this?

http://youtu.be/gugroEdiiqU

1:35 for the promo.

Damn, new Laserfrog video! OMG AND IT WAS A REQUEST I MADE FOR MAD DOC MCCREE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mt_hf1bQD18

Decent, but suffers from the same issue I had with the Euro Trucker video kinda. Grinds away at the 'joke subject' a little too long for my liking, but hey that's the thing just not my liking of comedy. Still well produced videos, and you're enjoying it (as are others) and getting attention with it. Hope it leads you down the right path. :)

I added a smile as I didn't want to seem like I was being a total Big Shoe Heel.

(I almost got excited at one point as it sounded like a slowed down version of the Back to the Future music, but then it wasn't... then I wondered if it was Seal, but it wasn't).

Awesome tribute to the golden era of British wrestling;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozOu0E7jxCM

Damn, I sure do miss seeing wrestling on TV over here.

Youtube is like a YouGoldMine, if you can bothered to search through it, for British Wrestling clips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=panKSi2jKhE

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I like this WrestleGAF. It's more chilled out, if that's any way to describe it. Although there are some old regulars that I would love to see post here more often, this is the best WrestleGAF has ever been since I've joined GAF.
It's not real to me dammit.

Top Bottom