• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Aiii

So not worth it
I do love fake rocker Jinder.

jinder-vs-cena.gif

And I hated this guys guts for the longest time too. Well done Mahal!

strobogo

Banned
wcw200.tumblr.com

WCW Monday Nitro 10/30/2000

Halloween Havoc was abysmal. Let's see how WCW follows it up.

TO THE BACK.
A limo has arrived. We have a new CEO. I didn't know they needed a new one. If there is a new CEO who will be an on screen character, does that mean Commissioner Sanders has been neutered from the start?

NBT vs Filthy Animals WCW Tag Team Championships

watch

Rey's facial hair looks painted on. Regardless, he's been on fire most of the time lately. Sadly, he's really obnoxious without the mask. Konnan calls the Thrillers a bunch of salad tossers and other gay jokes. Madden says O'Haire is a bar fighter. He must have seen Sean's future of hitting women in bars. Sean does a sweet slingshot powerbomb to Rey and it is followed up with Nigel's lariat on the ropes. Alex Wright misses his cue so there is a really awkward slow count for a pin. Disqo hit the Chartbuster on Kidman while #hardbodiedref was distracted and the Thrillers retain. This was easily better than anything on Halloween Havoc.

TO THE BACK.
Nash talks with Sanders when Steiner demands a rematch with Booker.

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-06h23m10s134_zpsf8c6cff5.png

Reno vs Kwee Wee WCW Hardcore Championship

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-06h24m19s63_zpsc5a82d39.png

Where is the YAK? Is she still hurt from Thunder? Damn, Kwee Wee has an obscene amount of glitter on. He looks like the fucking Tin Man. Why would you have that much glitter on your back? Tony brings attention to it as well. Springboard sunset flip off the guard rail? Lol. How goofy. "How come you never ask me a question, Scott?" "Because I don't care what you think." Random shitting on Stasiak. He's not even out here and the announcers are taking shots at him. They head to the back, but the rest of the Thrillers were waiting at the Gorilla position. Roll of the Dice on a trash can lid for the win. Reno retains. Stasiak is not out with the group.

Mean Gene welcomes the new WCW US Champion, General Dingaling. Hugh wants the rest of the MIA to be there with him, so out they come. Hugh removes the Canadian sticker from the title and it officially reverts to its original name. He again mentions C-Team players, but includes guys like Rey and Kidman. How are they C-Team guys? Chavo and Lash, sure, but not Rey and Kidman. Gene starts a slow clap for Hugh. "Gene's giving him the clap!" The whole roster and crew come out on the stage to show their respect. Goldberg is the one to talk and say Hugh has done for WCW was in vein. This is actually pretty awesome. Lance shows up on the NitroVision and says that Hugh didn't beat Lance, so he didn't really win. He wants a rematch. Hugh had already asked for a rematch at Mayhem. This is how you make a title win and a guy look like a big deal.

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-06h39m17s82_zpsb329856c.png

TO THE BACK The limo is still parked.

David Flair comes to the ring with the results of the blood test. I'm not sure that you can get DNA testing done in under 24 hours on a Sunday, can you? David didn't bother to read it before coming to the ring. If he had, he would have known that Buff IS NOT THAT FATHER! SMOOOV comes out. He never said Buff was the father. He just says there was something interesting on the tape he sold to David. Buff is hot as SMOOV, so SMOOV is hot at David.

David Flair vs SMOOV

SMOOV drops his pants and says he's going to show David who his daddy is. Yikes. SMOOV crushes David and finishes it with a Bubba Bomb.

THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT IS PAID FOR BY JIMMY HART.
Okay. He is looking for DJs to wrestle and cackles. Why was this a paid announcement and not just a promo?

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-06h48m59s11_zpsd437885e.png

The Boogie Knights come out. Disqo says they aren't even sure why they're out there. "Listen to the indifference!" Lol. I wish Cole would say "And the crowd goes mild" sometime. Goldberg comes out and Madden wants to hug Tony. Goldberg throws them out of the ring. Alex wants to go back and fight, but Disqo won't let him. This is now a Goldberg segment. I don't know what the point of all that was. Everyone is next.

TO THE BACK. A shot of the CEO locker room door opening.

Commmissioner Sanders comes to the ring. He says last night he floated like a butterfly, stung like a bee, and Cat felt the 1-2-3. No, he didn't. Sanders won by count out. Even if he hadn't, it was a kick boxing match. There were no pins. Sanders adds Steiner to Booker vs Awesome for the championship. He shit talks the new CEO and then takes a shot at Stasiak being an idiot. Meat's new gimmick is that everyone buries him for no reason? I can't believe he stole Disco's gimmick. Out comes Ric Flair! He's the new CEO of WCW! Wat. Did WCW not learn when they let him be the President in 1999? Why would they seek him out to give him that job after the crazy shit he did as president? Ric is going to change some things. He makes a rematch against Cat. No outside interference. Ric says WCW had the big stars and the best wrestlers, but it has problems and he's working to fix them so WCW can be number one again. He gives Lex his job back for looking after David last night, but apologizes to Buff for Lex going overboard. Jarrett comes out and his mic doesn't work. Jeff sounds like his promos come from a soundboard. Flair insults Jeff by saying the only time he's the chosen one is in a room full of girls. How is that an insult? Ric says he's the boss and retired at least 10 times.

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-07h07m17s241_zpsbe4a01c1.png

Lex Luger comes out for a promo to explain himself. Lex's squished up face looks like a super jacked up John Noble. He says what he did to Buff was just business. He is going to make an announcement that will rock WCW too its core: He's challenging Goldberg. This brings Buff out. Buff says some stuff that he gets all wrong and mixed up. Lex is also marble mouthed.

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-08h39m14s111_zpsb39c8a27.png

Buff Bagwell vs Lex Luger

Buff brought a ref so instead of waiting for later, they're going to have the match right now in street clothes. Lex shoves the ref into a blockbuster. He uses a chair and has Buff in the Torture Rack when the ref comes to. Lex wins.

TO THE BACK. Paula is with Nash and the Perfect Event. Coach thinks they can pull it together. Stasiak apologizes. Nash spanks Chuck, Paula spanks Meat, and Nash makes her spank him.

Kronik vs The Perfect Event

Very loud "We want Scott Hall" chants. The Thrillers are working well together. Meat got chopped on the floor a few times and Nash told him to walk it off, so it took it literally and walked out of the match. Nash kicks Stasiak out of the Thrillers. Kronik hit High Times for the win.

TO THE BACK. The trainer checks on Chuck and the rest of the Thrillers look for Stasiak. They pass Sanders on the way to the ring. Paula is with Booker.

The Cat vs Mike Sanders WCW Commissionership

Cat says he saw the worst thing ever today, which was Mark Madden naked in the shower. Mike Sanders finally has wrestling gear. He's only worn cargo shorts or training pants. Tony is bummed out that Ms. Jones isn't around. Cat wins in a match that was actually shorter than the kick boxing match. Shane Douglas pops up on the NitroVision where he has Ms. Jones. He gives her a back breaker. Shane really likes hitting women.

TO THE BACK. Cat checks on his YAK with the trainer. Paula talks with Awesome. You can clearly see Mike reading cue cards even through his sun glasses.

vlcsnap-2013-02-12-09h02m23s174_zps4632262a.png

Scott Steiner vs Booker T vs Mike Awesome WCW Championship

Booker again doesn't come out last. The match starts without Awesome. A few minutes before Mike decides he should come out for his title match that already started. This was a match, I guess. The crowd was totally dead for it. Steiner accidentally hit Awesome in the balls and then an intentional one, which Mike no sold because he was stunned for real. Booker pins Mike Awesome to win the match. Security run out I guess to control Steiner even though e didn't do anything. Steiner takes them out and calmly walks to the back. Booker offers a rematch right now. Scott comes back out but WE ARE OUTTA TIME! Kind of weird booking here where Booker can't beat Steiner clean in a one on one match. It's normally the heel that can't beat the face one on one.

Luchador hurts me everytime.

I smiled and everything this time. Also... you did team up with Khali to eliminate Owen Hart. Didn't you. Teaming up with the Great Khali - he's so great. But no, he's not. He needed help, from a laserfrog. To eliminate Owen Hart. Remember Owen Hart, that cheeky little Canadian guy who broke Austin's neck. Yes, he was such a cheeky chappy, with his slammy awards, and his sunglasses, and his colourful tights.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has announced that Sunday’s Elimination Chamber pay-per-view with feature a 30-minute online pre-show that will be streamed live on the WWE Fan Nation YouTube channel.

The pre-show will feature a tag team match, with the new team of Brodus Clay & Tensai squaring off against Team Rhodes Scholars.

The Rhodes Scholars recently announced on SmackDown that they were splitting up, however they teamed up for this past weekend’s live events and now have a match together this Sunday.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If you didn't pay for King of Trios then you have no right to bitch about wrestling in this thread. This is directed at SoulPlaya.
It's a good thing then that I paid for King of Trios. I can't wait to see Trios in action. He's great. I hope WWE signs him soon, but they probably won't know how to properly use him.

The big show stuff is nuts you guys gotta stop. I don't understand, of all the history you have to work with, you choose Big Show, Kane I just don't understand. Sorry Soul.

Aiii

So not worth it
The big show stuff is nuts you guys gotta stop. I don't understand, of all the history you have to work with, you choose Big Show, Kane I just don't understand. Sorry Soul.

You don't choose Show, Show chooses you here in the February |SHOWT|

You are not worthy Liquid.

It's a good thing then that I paid for King of Trios. I can't wait to see Trios in action. He's great. I hope WWE signs him soon, but they probably won't know how to properly use him.
They better let him play duck duck goose in the ring or I'm gonna be pissed.
Big Show is involved in the hottest angle currently on WWE tv. I would seek out his promo from last night's Raw if you need convincing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They have no choice. There was a virtual rumble last night, and people had to change their avatars to the winner, and Show won. He only won, of course, because Kane wasn't in it. Other than that, people talk about Kane because they genuinely love him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

We can't stop.

39/40ths of us lost the bet.

They have no choice. There was a virtual rumble last night, and people had to change their avatars to the winner, and Show won. He only won, of course, because Kane wasn't in it. Other than that, people talk about Kane because they genuinely love him.
Well if you would of won your match Kane would definitely be in the rumble. :)

Ziggler is about an effective villain as James from Team Rocket was, getting foiled each and every week by Pika-Cena.

Ah, that glorious period when the Random Tag Team portion of the Big Show Cycle and Kane Cycle collided. All they needed was Kofi Kingston.

The fact they collided twice is evidence enough that both men are trapped in career cycles.

You know what the worst thing about Mark Madden is? He still pops up every now and then on the NFL Network during various shows. He's about as bad at that as he was at commentating.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Serena Deeb is returning to the ring. Was thought to have a career ending injury and retired, but she's back.
You may know her as CM Punk's hot bald girl
tumblr_mi4au8OUxV1rsoj4bo1_500.jpg

You know what the worst thing about Mark Madden is? He still pops up every now and then on the NFL Network during various shows. He's about as bad at that as he was at commentating.
If you have enough money for The NFL Network then you better have The WWE Network when it's available or you have no right to bitch about wrestling in this thread.

With shield, 3MB and super friends and a few more teams
Wwe can repurpose king of the ring into king of trios !

3MB
Superfriends
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Zig E Lee
Khali/Swoggle/Natalya
Prehistoric Zoo Crew (Brodus/Tensai/Naomi)
Air Booth (Kofi/Truth/Bourne)
Los Luchas (Mysterio, Sin Cara, El Generico or whatever)
Wyatt Family
Primo/Epico/Rosa Mendez
Primetime Players and their legal representation, David Otunga LLC

Then some nostalgia acts or whatever.

If you have enough money for The NFL Network then you better have The WWE Network when it's available or you have no right to bitch about wrestling in this thread.
If you don't own stock in World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. then you have no right to bitch about wrestling in this thread.

Suzuki is so awesome. Also, I love watching Gedo's reactions on the outside;

iyaWEtvEeb4FR.gif

ibjSETv5oNe1dC.gif

Inoue's knee strike on Sakuraba;

iroOWvVhvjJie.gif

Shibata teeing off on Goto;

iGbLLREG1XagA.gif

Really hope we see a singles match between these two at the next iPPV.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
One of the things that I loved about the Kane/Show Tag Teams is that Kane loved Show. He treated him like one of his closest friends. He would high five him, hug him.

01.jpg

And I will already say, MUSCLE MASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UberTag

but..3/4 of us lost a bet...it is necessarily. At least Bo didn't win..
Big Show is easily one of the best possible winners we could have wound up with given the group of 40 guys that participated.

Did anyone want to see an entire sub-forum full of Bastion Booger avatars?

e9d8605819c947eeb55b7bc956836783.jpg

I think not.

Top Bottom