• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Goddamnit, I really like Drake Younger, but every time I watch him and Sami Callihan wrestle I think that someone (mainly Drake) is going to get killed one of these days. As well as a bunch of sick drops onto open chairs, he takes 3 completely unprotected chairshots, whereas at least Sami has the good sense to get his arms up and protect himself. Great match, nonetheless.

The many chair-related deaths of Drake Younger;

ibxFZrpEiRCcVN.gif

ibmqiUaaoX1RUy.gif

iVySQ4ZjKVmSL.gif

iboX542Si46Fcp.gif

How do the indie feds afford so much furniture?

They usually have to pay the venues for the chairs they break - Excalibur actually mentions on commentary that they had to cut Sami Callihan's pay because he broke 39 chairs at the previous show, lol.

The little details like trying to elbow your way out of a move and failing are so great. It just rarely happens at the WWE-level. The finish to Punk/Y2J at WM28 was probably the best example.

Definitely, it really annoys me when you see guys just lay there and take a move (especially something like the Attitude Adjustment) without at least trying to fight out of it, or being believably incapacitated enough to be unable to fight their way out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely, it really annoys me when you see guys just lay there and take a move (especially something like the Attitude Adjustment) without at least trying to fight out of it, or being believably incapacitated enough to be unable to fight their way out.

Yep, the ONLY time you see someone fight a GTS for instance is when they're coming out of it. All other times? Lie there dead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any wrassle gaffer builts their own computer? I'm thinking about saving up for a new desktop, but there's SO much to read in that New PC thread./

jmdajr

o2ScA_zps3474682b.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any wrassle gaffer builts their own computer? I'm thinking about saving up for a new desktop, but there's SO much to read in that New PC thread./

Just built a very nice one for around $800, eats everything I throw at it. I'm kind of a bad person though, I buy a premade Dell and replace the gfx card and hard drive. Totally the laziest way. But I can't deny those deals...

Mr. Sam

Yep, the ONLY time you see someone fight a GTS for instance is when they're coming out of it. All other times? Lie there dead.

There's a great (well, decent) match between Punk and Regal which ends with Regal frantically elbowing Punk in the face over and over, but Punk just takes it and hits him with the GTS anyway.

tm24

I have. Using that thread too, but that was the 2011 version. Usually following Hazaro's parts guide should be enough. It's what I did. Still going strong. ONly thing i've done since building it was upgrade the ram and my video card.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How come Vickie gets like 8,000 chances to be in power but Big John, who had the only interesting 'gimmick' since Vince in Attitude, only gets 1?
tumblr_m5ha58cbQt1qg890h.gif

Sokantish

I built my own a couple years ago. There's not that much to read in the thread. You usually can get away with reading the first post for recommendations and then checking the last few pages for deals. If you've never built one for yourself before you might be intimidated by building it on your own but it is really easy just read over the instructions that come with your parts.

gurudyne

Built one last December. Use the parts guide in the PC OP. I didn't, researched everything myself for the better part of a year and wound up with a carbon copy of the suggested build for the 1000 dollar tier. Works great so far. Quietest machine I ever owned, and that's including the TI-83 from calculus days.

Kyoufu

Because the product stinks.

Wish we'd get another attitude era but the current roster are such pussies. How is it that only Punk had any stones to show how pissed off he was at being misused?

Maybe he is being honest but I don't buy the nostalgia excuse. Rock was my second favorite wrestler ever but since his comeback, I don't even think he makes my top 10 anymore. He damn sure doesn't come close to top 5

He contributes nothing. His jokes are old and lame, he can't even perform in the ring and on the mic he just yells, gasses himself within 3 minutes so he repeats the same thing 5 times to stall while doing some hand motion. There's nothing to like about him anymore.

Apparently Beef already has a rep of just liking things because it makes people "salty" which is why I feel like that is the case here
People being salty about me liking things makes me like them more, this much is true. But I'm not some contrarian who looks at a topic and says "oh, they like this? Well I'm gonna NOT like it huehuehue." That's just a waste of energy and a quick way of getting banned. Just look at Kharvey or whatever his name is.

The only guys on the roster I give two shits about are (in no particular order): The Rock, Sheamus, Ryback, Mark Henry...and maybe Del Rio I guess? Nobody else is interesting to me. And the guys that WERE interesting got saddled with some shit gimmick or angle or are currently on a losing streak so bad that you don't WANT to care about them.

If the WWE would do more to make me care about the entirety of their roster, then maybe I wouldn't be so excited about The Rock coming back as I currently am. As it is, I don't give a fuck so I'm going with Rock's nostalgia factor. Give me a reason why I should care about anyone else on the roster besides the guys I named. I'm being sincere here. Give me a reason, but leave the "potential" and "indy darling" excuses at home.
Would anyone want to see Sheamus vs Ryback?
I would. It has a chance of being as good as Sheamus vs. Big Show (pick a match they did, they're all pretty good).

jmdajr

Wish we'd get another attitude era but the current roster are such pussies. How is it that only Punk had any stones to show how pissed off he was at being misused?

Guess they worry about getting fired. There is no WCW to go to these days.

Nebula

Stone Cold said it perfectly in an interview he did with Punk and Jim Ross. I can't find where he says it, but it goes a little like this.

"All these superstars, except a select few, are just happy to be on TV and earning a paycheck."

Very short, and possibly completely wrong version. I'd suggest watching this video.

EDIT: Here is where he mentions it.

Kyoufu

Stone Cold said it perfectly in an interview he did with Punk and Jim Ross. I can't find where he says it, but it goes a little like this.

"All these superstars, except a select few, are just happy to be on TV and earning a paycheck."

Very short, and possibly completely wrong version. I'd suggest watching this video.

Yeah I've seen that. He's so right. :(

Ithil

EDIT: Here is where he mentions it.

Vince is not the guy he was back when Austin was around. Back then he wanted guys to come and get in his face and show they wanted to be pushed enough to do something about it.

Now, Vince is just closed off. He is going to push the extremely few guys he likes, whether the crowd like them or not, and that's that. You don't fit into his plan and get over anyway? Too bad, the plan isn't changing and you're back where you started.

rvd2kewl

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-s...e-tv-taping-traffic-violations/#ixzz2LTadDoZe

WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly driving under the influence ... with pot in his car.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger -- real name Jacob Hager -- was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding.

According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence -- and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.

We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

He has been charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding -- all misdemeanors.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

What an idiot.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
People being salty about me liking things makes me like them more, this much is true. But I'm not some contrarian who looks at a topic and says "oh, they like this? Well I'm gonna NOT like it huehuehue." That's just a waste of energy and a quick way of getting banned. Just look at Kharvey or whatever his name is.

isKq6L16SkZ02.gif

Yeah way to go.

Punk is such a weird case because it was like he had to stand up for himself and attack the system, talk back to Vince... then immediately humble himself and take the dive to Mr. H's/Kevin Nash before they'd really give him the ball.

That's fucked, wonder if they suspend him for wellness now...

atomsk

Party Pooper
from a company that has rehired Jeff Hardy and brought back RVD a couple times, I don't think this will have that big of an impact

Cameron is still on TV and she tried to BRIBE A POLICE OFFICER AFTER A DUI

Swags will be fine

Bowser

If it had just been a DUI, maybe

Marijuana activates the sponsor ire though

Yeah, I think the marijuana possession charge is a big deal. I swear I read a while back that WWE took the whole weed thing pretty seriously and didn't want people to be caught with it.

Jamie OD

Funny how I was just wondering what it would be like if one of the guaranteed Mania matches got nixed now. Then this comes along. This will probably be a blessing in disguise. Or a blessing in plain sight.

Top Bottom