• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

evil ways

Best case scenario is they let the Swagger-Zeb angle play out organically. Book him to lose in the opening match of Mania. Forfeit his WrestleMania payday. Suspend and Evan Bourne him afterwards. Have Zeb and Bray Wyatt form an alliance and take this angle to the next level. Go Right to Censor with it and have them brainwash some popular American and caucasian faces into becoming minions (Ryback needs to be the big name they win over). Feud with Cena during 6 months of his 15+ month title reign so Cena can no-sell and bury them before Thrice in a Lifetime at Mania 30.

Absolute genius.

Cagey

Banned
Best case scenario is they let the Swagger-Zeb angle play out organically. Book him to lose in the opening match of Mania. Forfeit his WrestleMania payday. Suspend and Evan Bourne him afterwards. Have Zeb and Bray Wyatt form an alliance and take this angle to the next level. Go Right to Censor with it and have them brainwash some popular American and caucasian faces into becoming minions (Ryback needs to be the big name they win over). Feud with Cena during 6 months of his 15+ month title reign so Cena can no-sell and bury them before Thrice in a Lifetime at Mania 30.

RaysFansLeaving.gif.opt.gif

I don't know if this spot was planned like this, as he sort of get's his hand up like he's expecting it, but either way...damn - Willie Mack gets slammed head-first into the mat on a reverse DDT from B-Boy;

iLYePhXpXf8mE.gif

I can't get over how his neck bends

As for swagger either have mark Henry be mad and take him out or go with my original mark Henry idea in which just before the bell rings for the match he comes out and destroys both men just becuase he's mad he isn't on the card

Ziggler comes down and cashes in then Big E dances and asks mark Henry if he's his mommy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching this week's NXT. It's pretty great seeing
Ricardo Rodriguez
wrestling as El Local.

Alright help me out here - I was under the impression El Local was not RR, but someone else - and RR is Chimaera.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
According to the internet El Local is RR, but there was a horrible Harlem Shake video WWE did that had El Local and RR in it at the same time

this is some fucking Clark Kent shit

Me too

Is camancho chimera ?

Chimaera is 100% RR

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They kept going on about how portly El Local was on commentary, and he really did have RR's figure. So I'm pretty sure it was him.

Okay then the answer is there must be a third ! Let me screencap this man!

4sry3fq.png

Indy stand-out ACH has signed a contract with Ring of Honor. ACH, who was said by many to be the hottest unsigned prospect in 2012, has gained a big name for himself with impressive performances in ROH, CHIKARA, Dragon Gate USA, CZW and home promotion Anarchy Championship Wrestling, based out of Texas.

Here's some .gif's of ACH in action against 2 Cold Scorpio at the recent National Pro-Wrestling Day event;

ibeZEAbx7NwZOg.gif
ihYxjrfl6JcYk.gif

iXwMKmH0lhhPs.gif
ibdvSw6cs1XAev.gif

Really glad to see ROH bringing in ACH, as they desperately need new stars and a guy of ACH's reputation should help greatly. He apparently had a great match against Roderick Strong at Honor vs Evil, which I'm about to check out now. Bonus .gif of ACH's Lui Kang bicycle kick;

iN0rjEcspUBUu.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's awesome news! ACH is really super cool and I loooooove when we'd hear about him from ACW.

Ozone

Okay then the answer is there must be a third ! Let me screencap this man!

4sry3fq.png
I definitely agree this person definitely isn't Ricardo. I wonder if this'll be a gimmick where there's a heavy El Local and a fit one, and you never know which one you'll face. That could be fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely agree this person definitely isn't Ricardo. I wonder if this'll be a gimmick where there's a heavy El Local and a fit one, and you never know which one you'll face. That could be fun.

Much like GWF had with Laserfrog and Laserfrog Thesz. GWF on the cusp of the future. We bringin' it every few weeks.

BTW I miss Soulplaya and Laserfrog.

I have been waiting for WWE to pull a Spider-Man/JJJ angle with Ricardo and del rio. Something like there can be only one Mexican hero and chimera is a menace. Ricardo will have I toe the line between hi best friend and being a hero in the WWE

Nebula

WWE is going to swerve on us all. Cena will lose and go to Hollywood and fight The Rock on the big screen. He will win and The Rock will return to WWE forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Krae_man. I really want your Saturn and games, but I doubt I have enough money for what you'd want.

That's awesome.

ACH and mr touchdown had a MOTY or the young lions cup.

Still not really infested in ROH though

Yeah, his matches with Touchdown at YLC and the Season 11 Finale were awesome, really enjoy watching him work.

As for ROH, I kinda agree - they've got an 11th Anniversary iPPV coming up in 9 days, and I'm only really interested in a couple of matches. But they're in a bit of a transitional period at the moment, where they have some new names with talent (Adam Cole, ACH, Matt Taven, Vinny Marseglia, Tadarius Thomas, Silas Young, etc) but aren't ready for those guys to help liven up the top of the card. It'll be interesting to see where ROH is at the end of 2013.

Sunflower said:
BTW I miss Soulplaya and Laserfrog.

Yeah, where are those guys?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, where are those guys?

No idea about Soulplaya - he vanished. Might have just been IRL shit. I know Laser has a pal without a home that he's keeping - I know I never visit GAF while I have company. So I'm sure he's alright.

His new Run Play Think video was great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was Hunico or Samuray when I first saw him. But Hunico doesn't have any tattoos, I don't think, and Samuray has more tattoos than this guy.

It's baffling. I also went through them as well. Only thing I can think of is Camacho and that doesn't make any sense.

New page:
pKb6qLl.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
No idea about Soulplaya - he vanished. Might have just been IRL shit. I know Laser has a pal without a home that he's keeping - I know I never visit GAF while I have company. So I'm sure he's alright.

His new Run Play Think video was great.

Soulplaya has still been online, just not posted. He's watching from the rafters. Picking his moment.

jred2k

SoulPlaya still hasn't come down off his cloud after seeing 45 yr old GGG in the Elimination Chamber.

Lets try this:

KANE KANE KANE

If that doesn't work the looming threat of the Four Kings should be enough to bring him out of hiding.

KissVibes

Banned
What if Laserfrog and Soulplaya have forged an alliance and they're just waiting to attack us all when we least expect it?

Two man power trip, guys.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Jack Swagger is a dumbass.

This is one of the reasons I don't smoke that shit. Addictive or not, it makes people do the dumbest most self-destructive shit.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 11/29/2000

SID! SID IS BACK! I've been DYING for some god damn fist bumps.

CEO Ric Flair starts the show in the ring. He keeps saying WCW is getting back on top. I don't know, though. He's booked Buff vs Steiner for the championship tonight! He also brings out Sid. Sid has his FULL curly mullet back and is also wearing a turtleneck and vest.

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-10h32m10s123_zpsbe4721aa.png

He has video of being forced to relinquish his championship back in April. That's why he's been gone. So what about the 2-3 weeks after that and the random return he had ON the side of the guys who stripped him of his title? Oh well. Don't worry about it. SID! Sid talks about the Wright Brothers making history and how he will rewrite history at Starrcade. I don't see the connection.

TO THE BACK. Paula is with Shane and Torrie. Shane says he's an addict. That's a SHOOT! He wants gold.

Team Canada vs Jung Dragons

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-10h39m23s103_zps4294d06e.png

Duggan and Lance are giving each other dirty looks. The Dragons do impressions.

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-10h41m19s243_zps71681b55.png

Rope walk rana from Prime Time. Prime Time also hit a sweet butterfly superplex. YAK FIGHT! Kaz hits a brainbustahh and the Dragons do a combo splash/senton from the top for the win. Cat came out and stopped Duggan from interfering.

TO THE BACK. Lance argues with Duggan again. Lance will take care of Cat. Gene is with MIA.

Lex Luger vs Norman Smiley.

Norman is finally back to actual wrestling gear. It's been like a year since he wore trunks in the ring. Too bad it is against Lex. Lex is terrible, but Norman is awesome. Sweet arm drags, lariatooos, and the Smiley Slam. Big Wiggle! Low blow. What a dick. Lex uses his metal plate to set up for the Torture Rack for the win. Goldberg runs out, Lex bails into the crowd.

TO THE BACK. Gene is with Bam Bam. Bam Bam was born hardcore and will fuck Wall up tonight. Not a thing about Bam Bam is hard. Crowbar is getting a massage from some of the Nitro YAKs. He gets a package. It was a gold monkey wrench. What?

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-10h56m02s106_zps0ebc410c.png

Paula is with Reno and Marie. Marie is Reno's sister! Reno and Vito are brothers? Kronik have a new deal they're making. Gene is with Double J. His partners tonight are the Harris Brothers, eating sandwiches. Gene says he just had lunch. It would be like 9 at night. Who has lunch that late?

Crowbar vs David Flair WCW Hardcore Championship

I don't know why they don't give Crowbar some time off considering he has a torn abdominal muscle and a high risk, high impact style. Just give him a couple weeks off to recover and have him in angles. David slams Crowbar on a trash can that was set up on two open chairs. Must have been some botching as they cut to a shot of the crowd making stupid faces during a sequence. Crowbar wins after hitting David in the back of the neck with the monkey wrench. Stacy comes down to check on David.

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-11h06m57s255_zpsf7e0afc5.png

TO THE BACK.
Trainer and Stacy check on David some more.

Shane Douglas vs General Rection WCW US Championship

I don't understand why Shane is getting a title shot. He lost at the PPV to the Cat. You know what, Buff lost at the PPV and he's getting a title shot, too. I thought wins and loses mattered, Ric? Shane attacks the knee right away and controls most of the match. Hugh makes a come back, but Torrie jumps on his back. She gets CRUSHED in the corner. Broken spine for sure. The match comes to a screeching halt. Chavo tries to push her out of the ring and insists the match needs to continue. Lash and Wall pull him off. Trainers and EMTs come out for Torrie. Chavo leaves. Tony is also checking on her.

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-11h14m23s114_zpsbef2e359.png

TO THE BACK. Shane, EMTs, and refs wheel Torrie out. Chavo gives Hugh shit for NOT continuing the match. MIA were supposed to have a new attitude. I think Chavo just quit the MIA.

Jeff Jarret/Harris Brothers vs Filthy Animals

Bleh. I hate the Animals, I hate the Harris Brothers, and I usually hate Jeff. This is a good encapsulation of WCW. At the beginning of the year, Kidman was poised to be the next big star and Jeff was forcefully raping the top of the cards. At the end of the year, Kidman is back in a mid card stable and Jeff is back with the Harris Brothers, not even going for the US Championship. Jeff wins with a guitar shot on Kidman.

TO THE BACK.
Gene is with Buff. Buff claims he's never had a chance in WCW and has always been held back. What? Dude was consistently pushed for 8 fucking years. Crowbar walks with his YAKs when Daffney returns. She's been sending him the packages. Apparently she and Ozzie broke up. Obviously, since Ozzie was back as a random security guard.

TO THE INTERVIEW. Tenay talked with Straight Shooting Stevie Ray. "Sometimes that's just the way the old mop flops." Well said. Stevie might become an owner of a drag racing team. He thanks the fans for all the love and support he's had through out his career.

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-11h29m00s174_zps6bfdc0fe.png

GLACIER HYPE PROMO!!!

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-11h32m29s222_zpsb00821f8.png

Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Sgt. AWALL Hardcore Tables Mat
ch

What is the difference between a tables match and a hardcore tables match? Bam Bam does a belly to back through a table, but it is called as both men going through at the same time, so the match continues. Mike Awesome pops out of the crowd the lay Bam Bam out with a chair. Wall chokeslams Bam Bam through a table to win.

TO THE BACK
. Gene talks with Awesome. He wants Bam Bam at Starrcade. This is a match I would have wanted to see in 1998 in WCW. Not in 2000 in WCW.

Buff Bagwell vs Scott Steiner WCW Championship

Scott gives Buff the "appertunity" to walk away. Buff agrees to walk away but SWERVES the champ! Madden has gone from Tommy Rich impressions to Superstar Billy Graham impressions whenever Steiner is around. Steiner dominates most of it. Buff gets his comeback, but doesn't matter. Sid's head appears on the ThunderVision like fucking Oz or something. Buff hits the Blockbuster, but Midajah breaks up the pin. Steiner Recliner and Steiner retains. Sid and Steiner have a stare down after the match.

vlcsnap-2013-02-21-11h48m27s75_zpsb4255f0c.png

It's probably been said, (and who knows what happens to it now...) but I wonder if the Teahad storyline is McMahon's "fuck you" response to Linda's defeat. It's pretty obvious that they're more in line with what used to be the GOP, hence an awkward straddling of the line in what turned out to be futile campaigns.

strobogo

Banned
The editing for that was super weird. First you heard Sid's voice, then it cut to that on the screen, then a super weird zoom in on Steiner, then back to Screen Sid, then back to Steiner but zoomed out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower trying his damndest to ruin the Chad Warden thread. I'm ripping all of my Batista posters off my wall and replacing them with duct tape.

Can't ruin it

The only thing that could ruin it is another Chad Warden video. The old ones set the bar SO high that I don't think it'd be worth it. I hope he doesnt make a new one, but if he does, I hope he hits it out of the park.

Krae_man - I could only afford like $100, you're better off shopping around man.

Top Bottom