• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

jred2k

God this is weird.

BTW I got a PM from our pal Laserfrog, he's alive and kickin' and taking care of his homeless friend. So he'll be around soon.

No PMs from Soulplaya. :(

He staying away for a few months. When he comes back he'll better than ever and have a super-offensive gimmick. I can't wait.

Penguin

I find waiting to find out what happens to Swagger to be one of the most compelling things in the WWE in recent memory, I don't know if that's sad or not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to Review-A-Wai, here's a compelling and interesting video of the WWF of days of yore...on Donahue. Worth watching. WWE really puts as many blankets as they can over this, but I'm glad it exists. An interesting thing to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPTCRnBEUJM

"Full Episode from 03-16-1992 featuring Murray Hodgekins, Vince McMahon, Barry Orton and Tony Cole in the first portion of the show.

Here was the guest list: Vince McMahon: He looked to be about 20 years younger than he does now. And
back then, people said he looked 20 years older than he really was. Vince
was pure Vince on this show, before he had ever played heel on television. Bruno Sammartino: If Bruno had sat next to McMahon, this show would've
turned into a Jerry Springer-like onstage brawl. As it turned out, Bruno
remained calm and made the most sense out of anyone on the panel. Superstar Billy Graham: Graham was there to confirm his own experience with
steroids and also his experience taking them with Hogan himself.
Unfortunately, Graham did a lot of stuttering and rambling and wasn't able
to make his points effectively. Murray Hodgson: Murray claimed he was fired 2 weeks after he refused to
sleep with Pat Patterson. He was initially hired to be one of the lead
announcers ala Sean Mooney. While Hodgson lacks credibility in hindsight,
his performance here stole the show. Dave Meltzer: Dave was there as the outside analyst/expert. Dave had the
best knowledge on all the facts, but had virtually no experience in front of
the camera and was nervous because of it. He did OK, but I'm sure there are
things he would've liked to change. Even if he had gotten the chance, there
were simply too many people on the panel to really make a striking
impression. Barry Orton: Barry is the brother of Bob Orton and the uncle of Randy. He
wrestled as "Barry O" in WWF mid-80s prelims. Barry was never a big star
and had nothing to lose by coming forward. He improved on his droning
appearance on Larry King, but his talking style was simply not suited for
the fast-paced world of talk TV. Tom Hankins: Hankins was another veteran mid carder who gave us a Pat
Patterson story. After a brief speech in the beginning, he was never heard
from again. John Arezzi: Arezzi, who has disappeared from the wrestling world, was on as
another expert/analyst. He had a popular radio show at the time, and he was
a good guest, but didn't get much talk time."

BDstaxQCYAAK8aR.jpg

batista3.jpg

or

whc_daniel_bryan_by_windows8osx-d4jmgpp.jpg

YOU DECIDE!

Seriously though, Batista is a beast. If I were to go the super big guy build, I would want someone similar to Michael Elgin or Brian Cage because indy wrestling rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YOU DECIDE!

Seriously though, Batista is a beast. If I were to go the super big guy build, I would want someone similar to Michael Elgin.

Unfair picture! Personally though I want to LOOK strong and not BE strong. I mean, I've always been strong, I just don't see the point because I'm all about looks for it.

I once threw my brother THROUGH a wall in the house when we were teens. Good times. Many apologies to my mother.

Unfair picture! Personally though I want to LOOK strong and not BE strong. I mean, I've always been strong, I just don't see the point because I'm all about looks for it.

I once threw my brother THROUGH a wall in the house when we were teens. Good times. Many apologies to my mother.

lolol.

If I may ask, what is your ideal build? Pics plz.

And I remember when I first started lifting, I wanted to just look like a beast and didn't care how much I really could lift. Now, my philosophies have shifted to where I want to be super strong and don't mind if I don't look as big. As summer approaches, I am putting more focus on leaning out and getting bigger but the goal for me remains the same.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lolol.

If I may ask, what is your ideal build? Pics plz.

And I remember when I first started lifting, I wanted to just look like a beast and didn't care how much I really could lift. Now, my philosophies have shifted to where I want to be super strong and don't mind if I don't look as big. As summer approaches, I am putting more focus on leaning out and getting bigger but the goal for me remains the same.

There's realistic expectations and there's ridiculous expectations.

Realistic and not tough at all:
BUd2Efp.png

When I don't have a full time job and can do whatever I want all day and do nutrition 100% right and get my anabolic steroids and use them right:

vJtLm4O.jpg

Those heel-era Batista pecs are godlike.

I'm fortunate that I have the genetics and frame to carry a ton of muscle, and I'll probably end up going that route since my body is attuned to it. Thank god I'm a monster height-wise, if I was little I wouldn't take myself seriously.

Meh, fair enough. I suppose I haven't gotten to the point where I care about getting bigger again and I'm not sure that I will. I'd really be perfectly content to just be built like Punk, which I'm getting fairly close to, just need more work on my chest and arms.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, fair enough. I suppose I haven't gotten to the point where I care about getting bigger again and I'm not sure that I will. I'd really be perfectly content to just be built like Punk which I'm getting fairly close to, just need more work on my chest and arms.

I couldn't be happy with that - I want to look like someone who just runs through brick walls.

There's realistic expectations and there's ridiculous expectations.

Realistic and not tough at all:
[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BUd2Efp.png[/IMG]

When I don't have a full time job and can do whatever I want all day and do nutrition 100% right and get my anabolic steroids and use them right:

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vJtLm4O.jpg[/IMG]

Those heel-era Batista pecs are godlike.

I'm fortunate that I have the genetics and frame to carry a ton of muscle, and I'll probably end up going that route since my body is attuned to it. Thank god I'm a monster height-wise, if I was little I wouldn't take myself seriously.

Even if you achieve the physique in the first pic, leaning out a bit wouldn't be that much more work and you would look like a beast in addition to being strong as hell. Regardless of your goal, you can't get that big without getting strong.

Best of luck to you sir!

Why would you want to take steroids?

As mentioned, to get the gains you want quicker and faster. Recovery as well. From the people I talked to at the gym, they say it is incredible and very addicting. As Arnold said, a great pump is better than sex.

Meh, fair enough. I suppose I haven't gotten to the point where I care about getting bigger again and I'm not sure that I will. I'd really be perfectly content to just be built like Punk, which I'm getting fairly close to, just need more work on my chest and arms.

I couldn't be happy with that - I want to look like someone who just runs through brick walls.

Yeah, same here. I just can't get behind a Punk build. I want something more. I think if I really had it my way, Cesaro would be it. Although Devitt is super sexy as well. It would be fun to have that build for a bit but man, I wouldn't like being that skinny. Even if I was lean as fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, same here. I just can't get behind a Punk build. I want something more. I think if I really had it my way, Cesaro would be it. Although Devitt is super sexy as well. It would be fun to have that build for a bit but man, I wouldn't like being that skinny. Even if I was lean as fuck.

Cesaro's physique is very utilitarian and he looks wonderful with it. He looks like a blueprint for what people should usually aspire to, and isn't too much.

Of course all I see in his face is Christopher Meloni from Oz, might be why I like him so much.

Cesaro seems like a good goal. I don't ever really plan on scaling back my workouts so feasibly I could get there, but I just sort hate the idea of putting weight back on as I first started working out due to weight-related problems

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cesaro seems like a good goal. I don't ever really plan on scaling back my workouts so feasibly I could get there, but I just sort hate the idea of putting weight back on as I first started working out due to weight-related problems

I'm currently finishing up this weekend eating anything that has carbs in my house as I restock with fatty meats and cheeses and such so I can do about 2 months ketosis, maybe 3 if I'm not satisfied. Then...

HARD WORK AND TACO BELL

FUCKING READY!

Pavaloo

oh man guys talkin' bout wrasslin' goal bodies!

I'm bulking and doing strength training hoping that when I cut I can come out looking similar to Orton or Cesaro (fuck looks like Cesaro trained strength so hard he got the mass of hypertrophy and the thickness of strength training).

I also wouldn't mind a 97-98 Bret Hart physique.

KissVibes

Banned
I feel like I'll barely be able to hit Punk status. Even though I'm shooting for a build like Evan Bourne or Sin Cara since I'm close in height to both of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When aliens show up to pass judgment on humanity, and we demonstrate all the merits of our species, this will be the counterpoint that gets us wiped out.

I like to think that the last image representative of our species before destruction is:

pxkxFdu.jpg

strobogo

Banned
About the best I can do is modern day Rey Mysterio. I have shitty genetics. I'm a little taller than him, but my frame is stocky and my whole family has terrible issues with torso fat. I have a cousin that does triathalons and occasinally ultra marathons who is a veggie and eats right and he has a gut and love handles with the calves of Bully Ray. My sister has literally been in sports since she was old enough, year round for 15 years now, but she can't get rid of her belly fat or love handles.

I am much the same way. Maybe I should just get a mask and pretend I'm an old lucha guy. No one would question my odd frame.

My ideal is to look like Scott Steiner, though. Because HOLLAR!

KissVibes

Banned
About the best I can do is modern day Rey Mysterio. I have shitty genetics. I'm a little taller than him, but my frame is stocky and my whole family has terrible issues with torso fat. I have a cousin that does triathalons and occasinally ultra marathons who is a veggie and eats right and he has a gut and love handles with the calves of Bully Ray. My sister has literally been in sports since she was old enough, year round for 15 years now, but she can't get rid of her belly fat or love handles.

I am much the same way. Maybe I should just get a mask and pretend I'm an old lucha guy. No one would question my odd frame.

My ideal is to look like Scott Steiner, though. Because HOLLAR!

Do you all wear those weird Rey Mysterio fat shirts with a giant question mark on it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some clarification on the situation Swagger is in - looks like it's NOT a mandatory suspension. From the Observer, which I now pay for and will help deliver:

After getting his biggest career opportunity, a world title match at WrestleMania and being the center of a lot of media attention due to his new anti-immigrant gimmick, questions abound whether plans will change after the arrest on 2/19 of Jack Swagger.

Swagger, real name Jake Hager, 30, was arrested after leaving the Smackdown tapings at the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, MS. He was pulled over by law enforcement officers for allegedly speeding according to TMZ.com.

After being pulled over, the 6-foot-6 Hager was charged with driving under the influence, and a search of the vehicle turned up marijuana. He was taken in by local sheriff’s deputies before being released and charged with speeding, a DUI and possession of Marijuana, all misdemeanors.

It is not known at press time what the repercussions will be from the arrest. WWE’s drug policy bans use of marijuana, but wrestlers are not suspended for usage, only fined $2,500. Mid-level wrestlers with frequent pot test failures have been jobbed out and later cut, but main level wrestlers who make big money refer to it as the pot excise tax.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Swagger, managed by Zeb Colter (Wayne Keown/Dutch Mantel) was scheduled as the world title match at WrestleMania. There was talk that if the company saw fit to change the direction, that Dolph Ziggler would most likely get the match with Del Rio.

Ultimately the choices are to drop the angle completely, which, given all the publicity it has received, is unlikely. It’s way too soon to see if the publicity will mean nothing or something. They could put Colter with someone else, or just ignore it because it’s in such a high profile situation. They also could suspend him for 30 days, and then bring him back in time to do the Mania match. The general rule of thumb is if a guy is suspended for most of the build-up of the PPV, they are removed from the PPV. But there are always exceptions to every rule. Creative was working late on Wednesday on the subject, which doesn’t sound good for Swagger’s prospects.

The only WWE comment was that “Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions.”

A precedent in the situation involved Rob Van Dam, who held the WWE and ECW titles when he was arrested while driving and found with marijuana. He was going to lose the title to Edge a few weeks later, but WWE rushed the title change onto Raw in a three-way match that also had John Cena. The next night, he lost the ECW title to Big Show, a change that had not been planned. He was then suspended for 30 days.

If Hager is suspended and loses his spot at WrestleMania, this arrest would cost him upwards of $250,000.

Hager, a former All-American wrestler and back-up defensive tackle (behind Dusty Dvoracek) at the University of Oklahoma, before being recruited by Jim Ross into pro wrestling, had an up-and-down career since signing with WWE in 2006 and making the main roster in 2008. At one point he was Dusty Rhodes’ prized pupil in developmental, and had a series of stop-and-start pushes in WWE, including going from undercard to world champion back to a run where he virtually never won and was stuck in prelims. He had been out of action for the most part since September, after doing nothing but losing in 2012. The decision was made for him to disappear, and return with a new gimmick, which he did a few weeks ago.

The gimmick got considerable attention over the past week. Whether that is good or bad only the future will tell.

NBCLatino.com ran a story noting both sides of the coin, the Latin community and right-wingers both blasting the angle.

“It’s extremely offensive for these wrestlers and the WWE to really take on this blatantly xenophobic and racist approach to the Latino community, particularly the immigrant community,” said Arturo Carmona, the executive director of Presentte.org, the largest online Latin organization. “I’m concerned to see this during a time when the country is having a serious conversation about how we welcome the immigrant population and I think this is unacceptable and unforgivable.”

WWE released a statement saying, “WWE is creating drama on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters. This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Brothers, Universal Studios or Viacom.”

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This old news from 11 years ago is amazing:

Iron Sheik was supposed to be on Opie & Anthony last week, but he got detained at the airport in Canada because they thought he was a terrorist. They made him take off his boots to prove he didn’t have any explosives in there. I was going to write “I hope he wasn’t wearing his hooked-toe wrestling boots in the airport”, but as it turns out he was. He was wearing his entire Iron Sheik costume at the AIRPORT. I thought I’d heard a lot of stupid things from people in wrestling, but that deserves a prize of some sort. It’s probably a good thing he had to miss the show, because he was scheduled for the “Luscious Lesbians” segment.

Cagey

Banned
This old news from 11 years ago is amazing:

Iron Sheik was supposed to be on Opie & Anthony last week, but he got detained at the airport in Canada because they thought he was a terrorist. They made him take off his boots to prove he didn’t have any explosives in there. I was going to write “I hope he wasn’t wearing his hooked-toe wrestling boots in the airport”, but as it turns out he was. He was wearing his entire Iron Sheik costume at the AIRPORT. I thought I’d heard a lot of stupid things from people in wrestling, but that deserves a prize of some sort. It’s probably a good thing he had to miss the show, because he was scheduled for the “Luscious Lesbians” segment.

And the old tweet from 11 years ago is awesome, too

I STOPPED IN AIRPORT BY GAYFAG SECURITY THINK I TERRORIST. I ASSFUCK TERRORIST AND PUT THEM IN CAMEL CLUTCH TO MAKE HUMBLE. FUCK PLANE NUTS. #TEAMSHEIKIE

jred2k

Sheik may have missed that opportunity, but he has pissed his pants and started crying on the show before. Off the deep end doesn't even begin to describe Iron Sheik.

Iron_Sheik.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheik may have missed that opportunity, but he has pissed his pants and started crying on the show before. Off the deep end doesn't even begin to describe Iron Sheik.

That is a man who cares about nothing.

Top Bottom