• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Really awesome match between Chiva Kid & Corey Hollis at the PWX iPPV - it was for a bye into the new PWX TV Title match in March, but went to a 15 minute time limit draw, so I guess both guys are in the match and deservedly so. Chiva is an amazing high flyer, but isn't all there yet beyond his aerial moves. He did hit an freaking awesome springboard shooting star press right at the end, but couldn't score the pin before the time limit expired. Corey Hollis is no slouch either, with some impressive strikes and suplexes in his war crate. At one point he hit the Lightning Spiral and Chiva did a full flip out of it, which looked crazy. Great match.

Next up, 2/3 Falls match for the PWX Heavyweight Title as Adam Cole defends against Caleb Konley. First fall is submissions only, second is by pinfall and third is last man standing. Awesome, I like those rules.

Spoiler:

1. John Cena at WM25
2. The Undertaker at WM20
3. Shawn Michaels at WM26
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin at WM25
5. Shawn Michaels at WM12
6. Edge at WM24
7. Ultimate Warrior at WM6
8. Andre the Giant at WM3
9. Triple H at WM25
10. Macho Man Randy Savage at WM9

This list is all wrong. WWE even blew it up on choosing a good Cena entrance

-----------------------------

My top 10
1. HBK -WM 25
2. HBK - WM 12
3. Undertaker - WM 28
4. Undertaker - WM 21
5. HHH - WM 22
6. Ric Flair - WM 24
7. Edge - WM 24
8. Ultimate Warrior - WM 6
9. Hulk Hogan - WM 18
10. Rey Mysterio - WM 22

Special mention: HHH - WM 27 (DVD version sucks without Metallica playing in the first part)

Razorskin

----- ------
xpWEmLy.png

ghostmind

I'm sure Taker will come out with his usual riffs when there is a larger audience, but this definitely makes it seem like he will be at WM.

Oh man that gut on Undertaker. I guess Taker saw CM Punk carry a dead body through a match at Elimination Chamber. He figured he can do it again at Mania

If Taker's coming back to shit on his own legacy, they might as well let Punk snap his streak.

Of course, on a card of Cena/Rock and Lesnar/H, I guess I'm looking foward to this one the most.

Main event of PWX was pretty great, but very poorly explained - the commentators thought it was 1st fall by submission, 2nd by pinfall and 3rd as a last man standing, but it was just a standard 2/3 falls match. Cue much confusion when Caleb Konley won 2-0 to win Adam Cole's PWX Heavyweight Title. Still, it was a good match and Konley looked great in victory. He won both falls with his O Face submission, which I'm having trouble explaining - he has the guy on their back, grape-vines their legs, wraps an arm through and then grabs holds of both their wrists in a sort of inverted surf-board/crab submission. The first fall was out of nowhere after they spent a good bit of time brawling around the ring, while the second fall saw Cole in control for much of the match. He became increasingly frustrated as Konley kicked out of his signature move, The Florida Key, and wouldn't tap to the figure four. Konley tried to make his comeback, but he sold the damage to his knee well and his leg gave out, giving Cole the advantage. He went for the Florida Key again, but Konley rolled through and locked in the O Face to make Cole tap away the belt! Fun match, that could have been better explained. Post-match, Steen came down from the commentary booth and hits the Package Piledriver on Konley, setting up a title match for PWX's next show on March 29th.

Overall it was a pretty good show - Cedric Alexander vs Chip Day was a good opener, while Steen & Davey vs Eddie & Roddy vs Manning & Grizzly was a great tag that my only complaint with was that it went a bit too long. Both matches on the second half of the show (Chiva vs Hollis & Cole vs Konley) were top drawer and well worth checking out. Fun stuff, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for PWX in the future.

got to see jerry lynn wrestle tonight. pretty awesome.

That was at NYWC, right? Heard it was a real fun show.

Ilive1up

yup. nywc is good. i have a friend who wrestlers there, so i go to shows here and there. i guess jerry lynn is on his last tour before he retires, so it was cool to see him wrestle. never got a chance to see him before that.

the big o won the title, but he sucks majorly. the only reason he won is because of his popularity. dude can't do shit in the ring.

trent barreta also had a match.

Forkball

Not even DDP can get Taker ready for Mania.

Honestly does Taker need the money or something? He got 20-0 (even when he was around 16-0 I thought there was no way he was going to last until 20), had a great series of last matches, is basically a demigod when it comes to his status... what's he still going for? Just rest man and come back for anniversary shows to tombstone someone.

Razorskin

----- ------

Honestly does Taker need the money or something? He got 20-0 (even when he was around 16-0 I thought there was no way he was going to last until 20), had a great series of last matches, is basically a demigod when it comes to his status... what's he still going for? Just rest man and come back for anniversary shows to tombstone someone.

Taker vs CM Punk suit on a pole match

Some people felt similarly in the last 3 years and we still got amazing matches from Taker. I am sure Punk and him can deliver a great match at WM if needed.

Some people felt similarly in the last 3 years and we still got amazing matches from Taker. I am sure Punk and him can deliver a great match at WM if needed.

I'm sure they can put on a great match too, but it just feels pointless since it's very likely that Punk will lose. At least with the second Michaels match and both HHH matches I felt as if "this could be it, it is Hunner after all"

There is literally nothing that can happen during the build-up or during the match that will make be believe for one second that Punk will beat Undertaker.

Top Bottom