• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really do hope so, because that Hell in a Cell match they had was probably the most underwhelming HiaC ever.

Actually, I remember Sheamus/Orton (I think?) being pretty bad. Had that spot where Sheamus hit a backbreaker across his knee on the steps, as if that was supposed to make it hurt more.

It's fun to watch Punk tap in 3 minutes to the Hell's Gate, remember that time?

I really do hope so, because that Hell in a Cell match they had was probably the most underwhelming HiaC ever.

Actually, I remember Sheamus/Orton (I think?) being pretty bad. Had that spot where Sheamus hit a backbreaker across his knee on the steps, as if that was supposed to make it hurt more.

Taker can't go for the whole match, so most of it should be Punk kicking the shit out of him. At the very least that'll be fun,.

Ridley1.1

Neo Member
Ok, what is the deal with the Show Ava's here??
lol.gif

Most Hell in a Cell matches are underwhelming now. They can't do the same shit they used to do. I thought HHH/Taker was pretty good though, but a lot of it was thanks to Michaels and his wackiness. His overselling of his own 2 3/4 count was fucking godly. The man can sell anything.

It's fun to watch Punk tap in 3 minutes to the Hell's Gate, remember that time?

Eh...I tried to forget. Wasn't that around the time the dirtsheets were saying Punk was buried for not wearing a suit, lol?

Dave Meltzer said:
Taker can't go for the whole match, so most of it should be Punk kicking the shit out of him. At the very least that'll be fun,.

When you put it that way, it doesn't sound quite so bad :)

Ok, what is the deal with the Show Ava's here??
lol.gif

39 of us lost a bet :|

iSihQbUX1UpfF.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zandig was robbed, cosigned.

Even he agreed and stuck around at ringside waiting for the refs to tell him to go back in.

Can't wait for the next one, but it'll be right after (or before!) Mania.

GWF's final storyline is shaping up to be a real good one, but we need our TV Champ back (Soulplaya)

jmdajr

Piledrivers and Blood. Amazing.

That match was something else, but it made me sad that there is no triple threat now.

The Rock just can't have a good match with either of these two.

Jamie OD

Remember last week, when Virgil was shamelessly pandering headshots and autographs?

"Virg still there in the same gear. Even gold bum moved to a new spot. Dude has no shame"

Source

Getting ready for Mania, brother.

Seriously there's going to be at least a few fans who will search for him in the subways that weekend just to see if it's true.

Oh god, Icarus just tweeted this;

"Getting ready to go under the needle"

He's going to somehow make the worst tattoo in wrestling even more horrid, I just know it :(

Also, Mark Briscoe has another shot at the seven day weather forecast for Baltimore local news;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HJTBTIHdhM

Amazing.

The final card for this Friday's ROH iPPV is set, as Ring of Honor celebrates it's '11th Anniversary';

. ROH World Championship: Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Lethal
. ROH World Tag Team Championship: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
. Dream Tag Team Match: The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
. 2/3 Falls, Martini is Banned from Ringside: Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
. ROH World TV Championship: Adam Cole (c) vs Matt Taven
. No Hold Barred: Charlie Haas vs BJ Whitmer
. Grudge Match: S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
. Six Man Mayhem: QT Marshall vs ACH vs Silas Young vs Mike Sydal vs Adam Page vs Tadarius Thomas

http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv - $14.95

Finally, in celebration of their 11th Anniversary, ROH have been uploading some classic matches from the previous 10 anniversary shows;

. Mark Briscoe vs Jay Briscoe - One Year Anniversary Show - (ROH 02/08/03)
. CM Punk vs AJ Styles - Second Anniversary Show, Pure Title Tournament Finals - (ROH 02/14/04)
. CM Punk vs Jimmy Rave - Third Anniversary Celebration, Part 3 - (ROH 02/26/05)
. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong (c) vs AJ Styles & Matt Sydal - Fourth Anniversary Show, ROH World Tag Title Match - (ROH 02/25/06)
. Homicide (c) vs Takeshi Morishima - Fifth Year Festival: Philly, ROH World Title Match - (ROH 02/17/07)
. Nigel McGuinness (c) vs Bryan Danielson - 6th Anniversary - (ROH 02/23/08)
. Nigel McGuinness (c) vs KENTA - Seventh Anniversary: New York, ROH World Title Match - (ROH 03/21/09)
. El Generico vs Davey Richards - Eight Anniversary Show - (ROH 02/13/10)
. Roderick Strong (c) vs Homicide - 9th Anniversary, ROH World Title No-Holds Barred Bario Streetfight - (ROH 02/26/11)

trunbuns

Loved the match last night. After a good Shield match last week Raw has been on decent form, wrestling wise.

Also the Trips/Bork segment was entertaining and im now excited for their rematch although it might have a job living up to their brawl last night.

I was a bit disappointed with the Swagger segment. Miz spoilt it trying to get over as some kind of journalist butting in all the time. Even Del Rio said for Zeb to be allowed to finish at one point. The face Miz experiment needs to end. He comes across as too desperate to be liked. And not in a good, Brad
Maddox like way.

SWERVE, FallingEdge with a despicable heel turn on WrassleGAF; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48378280&postcount=154

Heinous, bah gawd.

Oh man, CZW booked Masada vs. Jun Kasai for Wrestlecon at WM weekend. Thank you CZW

It should be great fun and probably one of, if not the last time Jun Kasai wrestles in the US. Hopefully Masada brings it for this one and is actually willing to take a bump or two, because you know the Crazy Monkey will put on a great show regardless.

tm24

So LuFisto is going down to AAA for a stretch. Should be fun seeing her toss around the luchadoras. Hopefully she gets some matches against any of the Apaches. Would be great.

So LuFisto is going down to AAA for a stretch. Should be fun seeing her toss around the luchadoras. Hopefully she gets some matches against any of the Apaches. Would be great.

Nice! Good for LuFisto. Also, I see her opponent from the last SHINE iPPV Ivelisse Velez (who I think wrestles in AAA too?) is getting a Gut Check on Impact this week against some girl named Lei'D Tapa.

It's so bad. Every time you think there's someone that's the worst, there's someone worse. Also this is the same beat as the Super Bowl Shuffle.

There all pretty awful, but at least Larry Z and Nick Bockwinkel have a bit of flow. Glad they didn't make Hansen or Brody participate.

Kana's going to be at the SHIMMER event at Wrestlecon. That's all the convincing I need to see that show.

Awesome! The line-up is looking super stacked for SHIMMER 53. Definitely watching the iPPV. Proper jealous of all you guys who'll get to be there.

. Amazing Kong vs Mia Yim
. Athena vs Ayako Hamada
. The return of Madison Eagles
. The return of Serena Deeb
. The return of Kana
. Debut of New Zealand wrestler Evie

tm24

Nice! Good for LuFisto. Also, I see her opponent from the last SHINE iPPV Ivelisse Velez (who I think wrestles in AAA too?)

Ivelisse doesn't wrestle for AAA, she just wrestled for Perros Del Mal promotion which is an offshot of sorts run by AAA wrestlers. She hasn't been back since New Years

Top Bottom