• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

7eQUUMo.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It's because it's the three overpushed super faces. It's too typical that only Cena and his partners can run off the strongest heels.

I'd like some NEW people to step up to be the Shield's rivals. Not just the Vince-sponsored super faces that win everything.

The Shield are currently the top heels outside of Bork and Punk and they have their own angles They've squashed the other mid carders so if you want to push them as serious threats, then only your top faces are going to match up. Remember they've beaten the hell out of all of the super faces individually. Who else is Vince going to get to put over The Shield? Santino? Ryder?

People are being too down on the ending. Shield are entertaining as a Trish Stratus fuck (albeit in far different ways...unless you factor in Maddox--you know what, I'm rambling) and they're doing a slowish (or for WWE, fucking glacial) build to a final showdown payoff before April. Because you can't have a main event guerrilla ambush squad lurking around come Wrestlemania. It doesn't work.

They've pissed off a ton of people, they still have some mystery about them (are they just Heyman's blowhard mercs or do they actually have some sense of justice and no, I really do think creative has something in mind with them), they're being presented as a legitimate threat and have at least one decisive victory over the faces. It's a good storyline with a meaty build and it's dumb to get mad because they lost once.

Pass the popcorn.

He gets it.

How about some discussion for tonight. We obviously don't like the current 3 being used to take on Shield, so who do you guys suggest?

They shouldn't even be there to be honest there is no room for them at the top until after Mania so they shouldn't have to face Super Cena. They should have disappeared until after Mania or get them to feud with Bryan and Kane for the tag titles.

Ithil

How about some discussion for tonight. We obviously don't like the current 3 being used to take on Shield, so who do you guys suggest?

Any three guys who legitimately need time in the spotlight. Problem is, almost all their best young guys are heels right now. You've got very few good faces that need those pushes.

It's the same way the Rock's first and only WWE title in ten years, and also the ending of CM Punk's super reign, irks me how it's just being used as fodder to push Cena yet again. I don't want the Shield used as fodder for Cena at the Elimination Chamber, it's a fresh, good story, all of the Shield are fresh, let's have them go against someone new to the main event.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Any three guys who legitimately need time in the spotlight. Problem is, almost all their best young guys are heels right now. You've got very few good faces that need those pushes.

It's the same way the Rock's first and only WWE title in ten years, and also the ending of CM Punk's super reign, irks me how it's just being used as fodder to push Cena yet again. I don't want the Shield used as fodder for Cena at the Elimination Chamber, it's a fresh, good story, all of the Shield are fresh, let's have them go against someone new to the main event.

Shield vs Bo Dallas it is.

Dinokill

If WWE does it right the shield can be the next NWO. Or maybe a Heyman(The shield, Brock and Punk) vs Vince(WWE) feud that could last for two years with Heyman taking over Smackdown and ranaming it ECW or some shit like that. It will be cool as fuck

gurudyne

UGH, LET ECW DIE ALREADY

EV 2.0 it is.

I don't hate the idea on paper. It would signify a brand split along substantial lines instead of the frankly imaginary Red versus Blue BS we originally got. Different styles, different approaches to stories, hell, maybe different audiences. But the piggyback logic kills it:

"It's called ECW, we need to bring back Raven, Rhyno, Al Snow, Tommy Dreamer and pull Taz away from TNA, or else, why bother at all?! And have Teddy Long book/GM it, he's got experience!"

Maybe when Mr. HH's in charge, we can have nice things.

Ithil

I appreciate that they're giving all of the Shield equal mic time, and I'm sure it's doing wonders for Rollins and Reigns and is a good learning experience, but Ambrose is definitely on another level there. I'd like to see an Ambrose/Maddox Batman-Villain-off.

UGH, LET ECW DIE ALREADY

Why would they help Maddox? He's a heel.

He's a helpless guy getting the shit kicked out of him because he called the Shield out alone. Doesn't matter if he's a bit of a weasel, Cena does his "most heroic hero of all heros" routine, he ought to be backing it up. Sure, Sheamus is just a fight-loving guy, and Ryback some kind of robot, but it's always a dissonance with Cena.

+ Mark Henry still has a ton of presence. Glad to see he's still mouthing off.
+ The Miz almost getting killed multiple times by Bork :D
+ Punk's promo + Punk/Jericho was pretty good

- Cesaro losing to King Meathead. What's the point?

Everthing else: Ehhh

Final score: Not that annoying/10

He's a helpless guy getting the shit kicked out of him because he called the Shield out alone. Doesn't matter if he's a bit of a weasel, Cena does his "most heroic hero of all heros" routine, he ought to be backing it up. Sure, Sheamus is just a fight-loving guy, and Ryback some kind of robot, but it's always a dissonance with Cena.
He's still a heel, though. When was the last time any big face helped out a heel in today's WWE?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
EV 2.0 it is.

I don't hate the idea on paper. It would signify a brand split along substantial lines instead of the frankly imaginary Red versus Blue BS we originally got. Different styles, different approaches to stories, hell, maybe different audiences. But the piggyback logic kills it:

"It's called ECW, we need to bring back Raven, Rhyno, Al Snow, Tommy Dreamer and pull Taz away from TNA, or else, why bother at all?! And have Teddy Long book/GM it, he's got experience!"

Maybe when Mr. HH's in charge, we can have nice things.

If we can get another period of Heyman booked Smackdown then I am all for it.

Ithil

I can really feel HHH's claws in the Shield's segments. Even with the three super faces of WWE, and a load of faces on the ramp, all they did was make the Shield retreat, really. I really can't see anything but a Summerslam 2010 ending if it were down to Vince only.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can really feel HHH's claws in the Shield's segments. Even with the three super faces of WWE, and a load of faces on the ramp, all they did was make the Shield retreat, really. I really can't see anything but a Summerslam 2010 ending if it were down to Vince only.
If HHH had his claws in this, he would be the one out there beating up the Shield, by himself.

strobogo

Banned
I didn't watch Raw. I was watching Nitro. But I was reading the thread. "F5 the couch!" was the funniest thing I've read in here for a while. I don't know why, but I thought that was hilarious.

Ithil

Kind of a middling RAW really. Good segments and a great match, but the dead crowd didn't help and I don't think it was paced too well. There was like an hour and a half between two of the Big Show/Del Rio segments, it was weird. The Miz TV segment seemed to go on like ten minutes longer than it was supposed to, too.

jgauUepIRqFFs.jpg

Severe lack of my favourite non-paramilitary trio in the company, too.

Cagey

Banned
It's fun having some monster heels back on the roster, the type of guys where the viewer fully expects the person in the ring to die whenever the music hits.

Mark Henry and Brock Lesnar have dat presence.

Omega

Banned
It's fun having some monster heels back on the roster, the type of guys where the viewer fully expects the person in the ring to die whenever the music hits.

Mark Henry and Brock Lesnar have dat presence.

brock lost his fear factor with ufc.

henry legitimately looks like someone you don't want to fuck with.

Cagey

Banned
brock lost his fear factor with ufc.

henry legitimately looks like someone you don't want to fuck with.

Brock Lesnar's WWE fear factor is x2 given the UFC experience now.

Most everyone in the company is seen by the viewing audience as a pro wrestler. Brock Lesnar, given the UFC run + smart booking (make use of MMA fighting styles in the ring, which looks authentic compared to the 'standard' wrestling match), gets set apart as the fighter. The Real One. The guy who might legit put someone in the hospital because he's real.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Brock Lesnar's WWE fear factor is x2 given the UFC experience now.

Most everyone in the company is seen by the viewing audience as a pro wrestler. Brock Lesnar, given the UFC run + smart booking, gets set apart as the fighter. The Real One. The guy who might legit put someone in the hospital because he's real.
HHH will take on Henry and Lesnar in a handicap match at WM, and beat them both.

Top Bottom