• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Watched PAC vs Claudio Castagnoli from PWG's Battle of Los Angeles 2007 - SUPER FUN MATCH, Claudio works ridiculously well with high-flyers. They start off with some nice mat wrestling, but it's not long before PAC's lightning fast speed and agility comes into play, while Claudio tries (and fails) to ground him with his power moves and freaky strength. Wonder if we'll ever get to see Antonio Cesaro vs Adrian Neville in a WWE ring?

Here's a whole mess of gifs from the match;

iZV0wmklUOMFa.gif

Brogue Kick? Pffft, it's a shameful thing, Lobster Head;

ijloVDeTgmQ70.gif

Deadlift German of DOOM;

iprGiH8jIsqjN.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiicoooooooolaaaaaa-aaah, shit!

ib1JbzO2AXjznV.gif

Dragonrana!

ioy0seZ3COsyI.gif

Dat corkscrew SSP;

icdePczc7C2rS.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Claudio's strength is fantastic for unbelievable spots with smaller dudes, like above - but also translates well into oh-shit moments with big dudes too.

Guy's the future.

And I'll pretend I didn't see Bootaaay say "dat ______"

Ithil

The sooner PAC gets to the main roster, the better. He doesn't even really need a gimmick for the first few years of his WWE career, just be PAC in the ring and the crowd will love him.

Cagey

Banned
They've booked the Shield very well during this run. There's never been a time where they look weak. Even last night, trapped in the ring so that their surprise gang tactics were neutered, they were still booked to look damn strong. They fought the three superfaces to a stalemate, and withdrew from the fight. Makes everyone involved look better, just like that TLC match where no one of the six emerged looking like a lesser competitor.

Cena Wins LOL is horrible because he doesn't need to win, but it's not auto-burial based on that result.

McNei1y

They've booked the Shield very well during this run. There's never been a time where they look weak. Even last night, trapped in the ring so that their surprise gang tactics were neutered, they were still booked to look damn strong. They fought the three superfaces to a stalemate, and withdrew from the fight.

Cena Wins LOL is horrible because he doesn't need to win, but it's not auto-burial based on that result.

It's just auto boring.

Toki767

So Cena spent all night on Raw telling everyone he was going to call out The Shield by himself, only to end up planning to take them out with probably everyone in the locker room. Way to make your #1 guy look like a big liar.

Omega

Banned
A mild "yay" and a half-smile.

They're not winning. Don't even imagine Cena losing a match before WM, that's just plain delusional thinking.

oh I know. even during his "funk" as he calls it in 2012 I never expected him to lose.

i really don't want to talk about how The Shield is going to get buried though. I actually like them (aside from WWE only putting them in one match) and want to try to forget about Cena inevitably pulling off the amazing 1v3 comeback, doing what no man has done before

Ithil

They've booked the Shield very well during this run. There's never been a time where they look weak. Even last night, trapped in the ring so that their surprise gang tactics were neutered, they were still booked to look damn strong. They fought the three superfaces to a stalemate, and withdrew from the fight.

It's the possibility of Cena overcoming the odds in a match to take them all out, just to make sure everyone knows Cena is the only strong on the roster. It's so thoroughly unentertaining to watch them do the whole Cena routine.

The Shield are by far the strongest booked heel stable since Evolution, though. Were the Nexus even around a month before they got "comeuppance" and got beat down by the faces?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Cena last week: Winning the WHC would be too easy! Only the Rock or Punk can give me a challenge.

Cena this week: Uhhh... guys... could you come and help me beat up these guys?

Did someone in this thread last night say that they didn't like Cesaro or was that some sort of fever dream?

Sanjuro, because Cesaro does little to impress, apparently, and the crowd don't give much of a shit. I'll agree with that part, at least, as for whatever reason Cesaro isn't really drawing too much heat. But WWE crowds are, in general, pretty awful.

And I'll pretend I didn't see Bootaaay say "dat ______"

Lol, my bad. Dat internet vernacular.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bet on the Shield winning. Trust me. This is from the guy who called the Rumble and Championship winner. The reason why?

It's simple - give the Shield this throwaway win to make something big happen at Mania that happens with faces winning. It's what the WWE does. Give them a lil traction, then evil is vanquished at the grandest stage of them all.

Sanjuro, because Cesaro does little to impress, apparently, and the crowd don't give much of a shit. I'll agree with that part, at least, as for whatever reason Cesaro isn't really drawing too much heat. But WWE crowds are, in general, pretty awful.

Little to impress is just bizarre. Dude probably has the best war crate in the WWE right now and works that style better than anyone. As far as crowd reaction, yeah it's sort of bad across the board and his entrance/promos don't seem to pull a reaction but he also seems to draw a lot of noise in his matches - the Neutralizer and the Springboard Swiss Death never fail to pop.

McNei1y

They need to start giving him stuff to work with though. I think if he had snagged a win last night vs Ryback would've delivered a few more fans. Or hell, at least a nuetralizer and an uppercut on Ryback. When Cesaro did the nutralizer to Khali twice a few weeks back, both crowds got into the match immediately.

They need to start giving him stuff to work with though. I think if he had snagged a win last night vs Ryback would've delivered a few more fans. Or hell, at least a nuetralizer and an uppercut on Ryback. When Cesaro did the nutralizer to Khali twice a few weeks back, both crowds got into the match immediately.

so give him a push then instead of jobbing him to ryback and orton. seems plausable

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why the hell are so many wrestlers smoking spice? Does that mean regular marijuana doesn't get them in trouble?

Read up some on Spice, apparently it just gives them a rough effect of pot without showing up on a generic pot test.

strobogo

Banned
If dudes lived in states with medical marijuana and had licenses, could they get busted for using it in a state where it isn't legal? Weed definitely should not be an issue for wrestlers. Unless they're transporting huge amounts or showing up high to shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If dudes lived in states with medical marijuana and had licenses, could they get busted for using it in a state where it isn't legal? Weed definitely should not be an issue for wrestlers. Unless they're transporting huge amounts or showing up high to shows.

Yes, they can get busted in other states. Also Carlito was showing up high as fuuuuck at hows.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope they have an Elimination Chamber match with The Shield though, so their loss isn't too bad and Cena is out last so he can't stink up the place with his Superman routine for too long.

-Edit: Americans and weed, always funny. Heh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You just make such a big deal out of it, it's amusing is all.

I see that little change there :p

Me, I obey the LAW. In my state it's illegal, so I say people who use and distribute it deserve HARD TIME!

That being said, aside from the law, I support the legalization and taxation of it if they make it legal. BUT UNTIL THEY DO, HARD TIME

I'm aligned with Laser.

D-Bry winning was awesome, also good to see Dolph finally DIDN'T LOSE!!! (only took him not being there at all to achieve).

Cody insta-taps in submission moves I've noticed over the past few weeks, they really don't give him any 'fight' at all.

Sick of seeing the same matches over and over with the same morons winning. Good guy Cesaro really shouldn't be jobbing (especially not to fake strength Goldberg), people should be jobbing TO HIM. Why do these belts exist at all? They mean nothing when the champs spend more time as fodder to 'higher' guys than defending their own belts.

I wonder if people casually watching Raw or go to the shows live get confused why they are supposed to boo the guy dressed in American colours waving the American flag around lol.

Good to see the real people's champ on Raw out there having an awesome match, not sure where Dwayne was.... I guess 'the WWE champ' had better things to do than be on Raw.

Heyman is amazing, never loses a beat despite being away all that time meanwhile Booker T stumbles his way through telling people he's the general manager. Don't even get me started on Mr. Mizanin.

RIP The Shield.

I had to lol when they squashed Maddox though, I just imagine Cena standing there going "Wait, lets see where this goes....." before he set off his attack plan. Gee thanks John couldn't have been a tad earlier?

AIW makes its iPPV debut on March 1st, and is doing so with the next in its signature series of all-women card 'Girls Night Out 8', featuring a 'Climb the Ranks' tournament, culminating in a 4-way Ladder Match for a shot at the AIW Women's Title;

ijRJZ9ppq1xlu.jpg

http://www.smvod.com/premium-video/aiw-girls-night-out-8-march-1-2013-live-ippv - $14.99

• Climb The Ranks 4-Way Ladder Match: ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ???
  • AIW Women's Title Match: Allysin Kay vs ???
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Crazy Mary Dobson vs Annie Social
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Leva Bates vs Veda Scott
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Kimber Lee vs Athena
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Sassy Stephy vs Taylor Made
  • The Social Network vs KC & Angeldust
  • Jody D'Milo vs Addy Starr

Should be a fun show, and it's cool to see a company that holds its women's division in high enough regard to have an all-women's show for their first iPPV. I'll be ordering this, as the previous GNO shows I've seen have been a lot of fun.

A lot of iPPVs in the next month;

• February 9th - Bombshell Ladies of Wrestling - Highspots.tv
  • February 10th - Pro-Wrestling Syndicate: 'Thank You Jerry!' - Highspots.tv
  • February 10th - New Japan Pro-Wrestling: 'The New Beginning' - Ustream.tv
  • February 16th - Family Wrestling Entertainment: 'No Limits' - WWNLive.com
  • February 23rd - Pro-Wrestling Xperience: 'Rise of a Champion VIII' - Highspots.tv
  • March 1st - Absolute Intense Wrestling: 'Girls Night Out 8' - SMVOD.com

Going to go with PWS, NJPW & AIW, although the PWX show looks pretty good too - same goes for FWE, plus they have a free pre-show featuring London vs Kendrick and a tag gauntlet.

McNei1y

Can't remember the 2nd season. Basically it went downhill when
house burned down and they had to move

The second season was when
all of my favorite characters owned a grow house
. That season was comedy gold. You are correct though. Everything after that moment was random and bad. It did sort of picked up after that but not much.

Pavaloo

Ahh, I didn't know that spice didn't show up on regular pot tests.

I only feel bad for wrestlers getting caught with pot issues because of RVD's article about it being a much better route than being addicted to pain killers. For the record, I am Canadian ;)

thefro

Jericho is hardly only an IWC favourite.

Yeah, heck he was more over than everyone except the NWO, Flair, and Goldberg back in WCW when they were burying him right before he left for WWF.

It's not surprising that he'd be someone the audience is more interested in than a stale Orton, especially with Jericho coming off his return at the Rumble.

A mild "yay" and a half-smile.

They're not winning. Don't even imagine Cena losing a match before WM, that's just plain delusional thinking.

Lesnar should run in and cost Cena/Sheamus/Ryback the match in an ideal world, which leads to a 10-man tag on Raw at some point (with Punk/Lesnar & Rock/HHH added to each side).

Cesaro's heat:

make him rename the USA title to European title and bury the american audiences. make it a Bret Hart situation, where he's a heel in the US but a face outside of it.

and by bury i mean really fuckin bury. mention how the average european is smarter, how the europeans don't have a mass shooting every week, everything he can muster to draw near-riot levels of heat.

steveovig

AIW makes its iPPV debut on March 1st, and is doing so with the next in its signature series of all-women card 'Girls Night Out 8', featuring a 'Climb the Ranks' tournament, culminating in a 4-way Ladder Match for a shot at the AIW Women's Title;

ijRJZ9ppq1xlu.jpg

http://www.smvod.com/premium-video/aiw-girls-night-out-8-march-1-2013-live-ippv - $14.99

• Climb The Ranks 4-Way Ladder Match: ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ???
  • AIW Women's Title Match: Allysin Kay vs ???
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Crazy Mary Dobson vs Annie Social
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Leva Bates vs Veda Scott
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Kimber Lee vs Athena
  • Climb The Ranks Qualifier: Sassy Stephy vs Taylor Made
  • The Social Network vs KC & Angeldust
  • Jody D'Milo vs Addy Starr

Should be a fun show, and it's cool to see a company that holds its women's division in high enough regard to have an all-women's show for their first iPPV. I'll be ordering this, as the previous GNO shows I've seen have been a lot of fun.

A lot of iPPVs in the next month;

• February 9th - Bombshell Ladies of Wrestling - Highspots.tv
  • February 10th - Pro-Wrestling Syndicate: 'Thank You Jerry!' - Highspots.tv
  • February 10th - New Japan Pro-Wrestling: 'The New Beginning' - Ustream.tv
  • February 16th - Family Wrestling Entertainment: 'No Limits' - WWNLive.com
  • February 23rd - Pro-Wrestling Xperience: 'Rise of a Champion VIII' - Highspots.tv
  • March 1st - Absolute Intense Wrestling: 'Girls Night Out 8' - SMVOD.com

Going to go with PWS, NJPW & AIW, although the PWX show looks pretty good too - same goes for FWE, plus they have a free pre-show featuring London vs Kendrick and a tag gauntlet.

I'm thinking about going to that show. I've always wanted to check out a GNO but haven't yet.

Top Bottom