• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

I don't drink and I'm all for resolving problems if there are any. I'm sure I'll manage.

beQB6LP.gif

Good to have you back.

So I'm curious Progress wrestling fans, are the NDVR (?) shows available on youtube worth watching if I liked Progress chapter 13? I wish I could grab shows on dvd but I assume they are all region encoded.

The ENDVR shows are worth a watch, but bear in mind that they're 'student' shows and not of the calibre of the main roster shows - also, the DVDs are region free but they only print them in limited runs, so buying the shows from their download store is your best bet.

London Riots is a badass name for 2 random fat indy guys. Do they still wrestle? Some of their impact moves looked solid but they looked Chris Hero ripped.

Yeah, The Riots still wrestle up and down the UK, even though they're 'banned' from PROGRESS at present. I love the District Line double-team powerbomb they do.

Gorillaz

Just came across a girl on POF with this in her About Me section:

"Love love love wrestling! Crush: Daniel Bryan!!"

Can anyone think of any Daniel Bryan related chat up lines? Apart from liking the look of Bryan she's a 8/10, would bang.
Tell her she a B+ type of chick

scabro

Just came across a girl on POF with this in her About Me section:

"Love love love wrestling! Crush: Daniel Bryan!!"

Can anyone think of any Daniel Bryan related chat up lines? Apart from liking the look of Bryan she's a 8/10, would bang.

tell her you'll have her on her back in 18 seconds

Aiii

So not worth it
Enzo Amore:
On the NXT product and guys working both NXT and the main roster: “I never was in a wrestling ring before I stepped foot into a WWE ring, so I am a product of NXT. I trained under Bill DeMott. I did a lot of my promo work with Dusty Rhodes. Those two guys were so instrumental in my career, I feel like I never could just completely take that step out of NXT. I owe it to the fans, I owe it to the people around me, the trainers, the coaches. That’s what you see in our product, you see people who are hungry and those people who are coming back, pulling double duty, they’re hungry, they wanna compete. The NXT environment is so competitive.”

On being discovered by Triple H: “He had started training with my strength coach. From the age of 14 I had been training with Joe DeFranco from DeFranco’s Training Systems out of New Jersey, they do a lot of combine training. I had played college football, I had always lifted and was a huge fan of the sports entertainment business, more particularly the WWE. Huge fan of DX, Shawn Michaels and Triple H. One day I was working out at DeFranco’s gym and Joe came up to me and said, ‘I got a phone call from a guy named Paul Levesque, who wants me to train him.’ My jaw just hit the ground.

After about a year of him training with Hunter, I made a YouTube video… I was always training so basically I gave Joe a link to a YouTube page that had a compilation of me lifting, running, boxing, and then I cut a promo at the end of it on the Hudson River around the time the Jersey Shore was popular. Came at the Jersey Shore people’s necks, a little disrespect, hit em with a little 1-2 combo, the haymaker, pancaker, and badaboom, the realest guy in the room was born.

He showed it to Hunter and Hunter just gave me a tryout. He’s our boss and he’s very approachable out here at NXT. He gave me my first opportunity and I’ll never forget the words that he said to me when I met him, he simply said, ‘don’t screw this up.’ He probably wouldn’t remember it, but for me I hung onto those words, because that’s all he said.”

On how accessible Triple H is with NXT talents: “He is hands on as hands on gets. I’ve seen him step in the ring with guys, I’ve seen him go over promo material, I’ve seen him congratulate people when they’ve done something admirable. He’s extremely approachable, you can’t ask for a better boss. He’s somebody who you wanna work for.”

So finished Progress Chapter 13 and overall I was very impressed with the product. Things I liked;

1. The atmosphere was electric, fans really into it.

2. Ring work was solid from all parties, can't recall any botches like in most indy feds.

3. Really great roster. Enjoyed what I saw of Rampage Brown, El Ligero, Eddie Davis, Will Ospreay was real good, Zack Sabre jr, Havoc and Mandrews put on a damn good main event.

4. London Riots is a badass name for 2 random fat indy guys. Do they still wrestle? Some of their impact moves looked solid but they looked Chris Hero ripped.

Definitely considering watching more.
More PROGRESS converts! One of us, one of us, etc. Riots are currently gone from PROGRESS
though they may be under a mask, and will almost certainly be back at some point
So I'm curious Progress wrestling fans, are the NDVR (?) shows available on youtube worth watching if I liked Progress chapter 13? I wish I could grab shows on dvd but I assume they are all region encoded.
They are region coded unfortunately, so either grab a region free DVD player, or you can download the shows in HD cheaper: http://www.progresswrestling.com/downloads/

I'd recommend the World Cup show from June personally, which contains a really good tournament and Finn Balor's last indy match, but anything is great.

ENDVR shows are a bit more variable quality wise, as they are trainees. That said, the last show ENDVR 8 should be out soon, and that was a really fucking good show, no qualifiers about "trainees" required. Also features Zack Sabre.

Forkball

Steph would be the worst guest. I imagine she would be far more careful than HHH or Vince. Taker, Brock, or Heyman would be awesome.

Alucard

Banned
So, when Seth Rollins eventually turns face, he's not going to continue using the curb stomp as a finisher, is he? Seems like a total heel finisher.

Kaladin

Finally watched the Stonecold Podcast. I wish this were a weekly thing, or at least a once a month regular thing.

Triple H got real on the Chyna question....and quite frankly, I agree with him.

Great interview. Stone Cold don't throw no softballs.

Fox318

Kevin Dunn would be the ultimate guest on the podcast.

"So why do you film matches like a seizure victim holding a camera?"

Aiii

So not worth it
Finally watched the Stonecold Podcast. I wish this were a weekly thing, or at least a once a month regular thing.

Triple H got real on the Chyna question....and quite frankly, I agree with him.

Great interview. Stone Cold don't throw no softballs.

On the other hand, I saw someone comment that Triple H once fucked a mannequin on TV. So there's that.

I get it though, but you could easily induct "DX" and have Chyna there. Kids that are gonna Google "Chyna" are gonna have Safe-Search on anyways... I hope.

Top Bottom