• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Alucard

Banned
I lol'd.

Says the man who's finally got his daughter to embrace the FnP joyfulness of Sarah and Duck:

sarah-&-duck-roller-skates.gif

Ooh, that looks cool. The "coolest" show we watch is Peg + Cat. She loves Dora, though...despite it being really bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ooh, that looks cool. The "coolest" show we watch is Peg + Cat. She loves Dora, though...despite it being really bad.

Just wait until you have to play the Dora video games with her.

It's like a Game & Watch, but you can't lose, ever.

Browny

Banned

It's one of those programs where Duck has these tiny little mannerisms which make you chuckle.

Also found this from years gone by...

1221355761093.gif

Alucard

Banned
Just wait until you have to play the Dora video games with her.

It's like a Game & Watch, but you can't lose, ever.

No video games for a while. Just iPad colors, shapes, and puzzles stuff for now. Some of the stuff toddlers have is really damn cool.

I lol'd.

Says the man who's finally got his daughter to embrace the FnP joyfulness of Sarah and Duck:

sarah-&-duck-roller-skates.gif

Yup pure awesome. Peg + Cat is great too, nice relaxing shit for the kid to wind down before bed to.

The Vita OT wasn't even that bad. I mean, is anywhere that Hasney posts really that bad? I think not.
The other Playstation gamers were salty that all the action was in the Vita thread while PS3/PS4 threads stagnated I bet.

Disney Junior has all the best kids shows. I can actually sit down and watch Sofia the First and Sheriff Callie's Wild West with my daughter without complaint.

I can't believe Dora is still on. I used to watch that when my brother was a baby like 18 years ago.

Browny

Banned
There's going to be a whole generation of UK kids who've been watching In The Night Garden (just like the generation before me grew up with The Teletubbies). Me? I'm a Pigeon Street guy.

This console talk makes me realise I've been without TV gaming for about 4 years now... and that I need to buy a new graphics card. And PSU. And when I crack open the PC, it's all going to go wrong.

Also, it's transfer deadline day and I haven't been paying attention. Mind you, all the good stuff happens when I'm going to bed :-(

T.A.L

My one year old and two year old niece loves Sprout. Chicka show is super aggravating but there is a show called Earth to Luna or something and it is the weirdest show ever. The songs do way to much explaining

It figures that the Seahawks would lose the Super Bowl by needing just half a yard and trying an off-the-wall play instead of going with the guy who could have obviously gotten you over the line.

Call that play the Reigns Pick.

Alucard

Banned
Yup pure awesome. Peg + Cat is great too, nice relaxing shit for the kid to wind down before bed to.

The other Playstation gamers were salty that all the action was in the Vita thread while PS3/PS4 threads stagnated I bet.

I'm going to see if we get Sarah and Duck on any of our channels. I'd rather she get into shows like that and Peg + Cat instead of the loudness of something like Dora. The voice acting on that show is just people shouting at each other and repeating things far too many times.

Example:

"Here's how we get to grandma's house! First, we go over the cold lake, then we go over the mountain, and then we go to grandma's house! SAY IT WITH ME! Cold lake, mountain, grandma's house. Cold lake, mountain, grandma's house. COLD LAKE, MOUNTAIN, GRANDMAAAA'S HOOOUSE! So you tell Dora she needs to go to the cold lake."

*back to Dora*

"Okay, so we need to go to the cold lake, over the mountain, and then grandma's house. Where do we go first? That's right, the cold lake! Do you see the cold lake?"

This is how I feel when I watch it:
tumblr_lr165n253u1qbgguvo1_1280.png

Jamie OD

Nigel's kickstarter ended with $75k out of $375k. Guess he isn't coming out of retirement. I think the big problem with the project was that he kept emphasising how expensive it would be to hire the Hollywood-level writers and get the shit produced professionally, but he didn't have anything to show for it. Even a mock-up trailer, which he then had to scramble to put together after the project was launched and it ended up looking amateurish. Also, he never really managed to describe what the show was actually supposed to be. Could've done with having at least a partial talent roster, rather than just the promise that he'd be wrestling again.

Another lesson he should learn is not to brainstorm wrestling ideas after binge watching Breaking Bad.

If your pitch for the show is "it's like Breaking Bad" then you already failed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Another lesson he should learn is not to brainstorm wrestling ideas after binge watching Breaking Bad.

If your pitch for the show is "it's like Breaking Bad" then you already failed.

The weirdest thing is he was essentially pitching Lucha Underground on Kickstarter, his timing could not have been worse. He was pitching something "new" that was already being done, a mix of script and in-ring action in a one hour program.

Ithil

So I watched the second half of the Super Bowl. How do you Americans deal with the constant stopping and starting of these games? They seem to play for about 10-15 seconds then take a 2 minute break, for the entire game.

Alucard

Banned
So I watched the second half of the Super Bowl. How do you Americans deal with the constant stopping and starting of these games? They seem to play for about 10-15 seconds then take a 2 minute break, for the entire game.

Agreed. Football is borderline unbearable to watch. Imagine it live where you have guys just standing around for 3-4 minutes during commercial breaks on top of all the standing around they already do.

#CancelFootball
#Ballternative

imBask

Banned

10-15 seconds of play
2min break
5min commercial

it's unwatchable unless you're american and grew up with it I guess, I gave up after Katy Perry

Aiii

So not worth it

Honestly? It's great in highlights, live experience is only really fun if you're personally invested in one of the teams or the result of the match in regards to the league in general.

It's kind of like de Tour de France, 5 hours of watching the Peleton ride through France and then 10 minutes of action when there's a demarrage or when they sprint for the finish.

Gambling.

That's all pro sports is, something to gamble on. that's why I watch Pro Wrestling, it's pure and free of any degenerate perversions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus the RR has gotten this thread all messed up. It's funny because before it everyone was saying Roman is gonna win yet, when he won people are flipping their shit. I don't like it either but, it's a scriped show so I can't get to upset at it. I get the passion many here have for WWE and wrestling in general. I feel like over the past 4 years I have made that connection as well after 10 plus years of not watching. My passion as a gamer is strong and even I get mad sometimes at companies when they do dumb shit thats so obvious but it is what it is.

Since WWE has been the drizzled shits mostly since last year friends here have shown me NJPW and more options to fill the void. I won't kill myself watch Raw anymore for 3 hours unless I know something is gonna happen. Tomorrow is HHH announcement and Stone Colds Podcast so I'll tune in. Could be good or bad if it's bad I'll play my game or read the funny comment on GAF. There's much more things to be mad than waisting your feelings on how bad Raw or a PPV is. Opinions and talking about it sure but being so upset to the point of lashing out at others is to much. I like this group and it sucks to see it in the state it's in and people getting banned. Less hate and more FnP ok?

omg. It's like you're only watch what you want to watch! We could all take a cue from this. Don't watch something you hate. Why should you?

Lol, Dragon Gate are running their 2015 Dangerous Gate PPV against the G1 finals. Picture unrelated;

Mastiff is just ridiculous, probably my favourite big man wrestler today.

I can't imagine it'll do great numbers, after the fact perhaps but...what ARE they thinking?

Ithil

Honestly? It's great in highlights, live experience is only really fun if you're personally invested in one of the teams or the result of the match in regards to the league in general.

It's kind of like de Tour de France, 5 hours of watching the Peleton ride through France and then 10 minutes of action when there's a demarrage or when they sprint for the finish.

I don't even like proper football, but at least it's two straight halves of 45 minutes, the only breaks being for ref stopping or the ball flying off, so if there's the World Cup on or something I don't mind seeing a game. I don't see the reason for stopping for so long so often. To me most of a sporting event should be the sport, but 75% of the Super Bowl seemed to be down time.

Which is sad because it looked fairly fun to watch when they actually got going, similar to rugby, but they only ever went for a few seconds at a time.

I feel the opposite, the game especially the first half felt pretty quick.

The commercial add more time especially in the super bowl. Regualr season is a little faster.

Sephzilla

18 inches fell here in Chicago yesterday. Like a dumbass I shoveled throughout the day. Fuck I'm sore!

My girlfriend was down in Racine for the weekend and was supposed to drive back up here yesterday, yeah she stayed one extra day lol. I guess I got lucky, central WI only got a few inches. It sounds like southern WI and upper Illinois got absolutely dump trucked. I'm a little sore instead because I spent most of yesterday cleaning out the apartment and rearranging shit because we have new furniture being delivered this week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So according to meltzer Bryan's original plan for mania was

Sheamus

Despite it being posted here a zillion times and people rolling their eyes, I fail to see how this is a bad idea.

They -do- have history and -could- revisit it, if they built the match a month in advance and did it effectively. Bryan doesn't exactly have a place at Mania right now, and it would be a step up from wasting his time with Ziggler.

Fox318

Despite it being posted here a zillion times and people rolling their eyes, I fail to see how this is a bad idea.

They -do- have history and -could- revisit it, if they built the match a month in advance and did it effectively. Bryan doesn't exactly have a place at Mania right now, and it would be a step up from wasting his time with Ziggler.

Its not really a match anyone wants to see and most of the fans know its Vince body guy vs a guy that can actually perform.

I still think Ziggler could get hurt by the match but at least he will have a match.

Top Bottom