• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Ithil

w0898521lbc.jpg

What's with this huge tag they have at the bottom? A tiny logo will suffice, or nothing at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's with this huge tag they have at the bottom? A tiny logo will suffice, or nothing at all.

It's so you know it's not bootlegged - a real big issue for WWE product. I would rather not have it, but I can see why they do it.

Lol, Dragon Gate are running their 2015 Dangerous Gate PPV against the G1 finals.

Could it have been a scheduling issue? Maybe it was the only date that Dragon Gate's venue was available, and the company couldn't afford rescheduling its PPV. Or, DG really believes (or, hopefully, has market research that indicates) that it pulls a completely different crowd than NJPW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They don't do it on all of their shirts.

I don't get it. How does a label prevent a screen printing house from selling shit.

It doesn't, but it lets you know if it's authentic, for those that care.

My Bruce Tharpe-des shirt STILL hasn't arrived. Kinda irritated...I bought it the day it came out!

Aiii

So not worth it
Another issue with feuds via twitter is that kayfabe is completely dead there. Maybe if they worked a little harder on kayfabe Tweets we'd give a shit.

To be fair, there's just no way you could reintroduce kayfabe at this point. They killed that so long ago, nobody is buying it anymore.

If they had never stopped pretending, never had the make a wish publicity, or Total Divas, or any other crap like that they could still pretend there weren't any actors and these were real people on TV, but you can't go back now.

Too many silly gimmicks too, to be honest, 90% of the WWE roster appears to have some cartoony gimmick to their character, some more heavy than others. You can't buy a character like that being real.

Triple H on Twitter, and in character, and in real life, perfect kayfabe. Stephanie does a bit too much of the PR stuff like the Be a star things to keep up her character all the time, but Trips just seems like this corporate bully all the time, it's great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, there's just no way you could reintroduce kayfabe at this point. They killed that so long ago, nobody is buying it anymore.

If they had never stopped pretending, never had the make a wish publicity, or Total Divas, or any other crap like that they could still pretend there weren't any actors and these were real people on TV, but you can't go back now.

Too many silly gimmicks too, to be honest, 90% of the WWE roster appears to have some cartoony gimmick to their character, some more heavy than others. You can't buy a character like that being real.

Triple H on Twitter, and in character, and in real life, perfect kayfabe. Stephanie does a bit too much of the PR stuff like the Be a star things to keep up her character all the time, but Trips just seems like this corporate bully all the time, it's great.

I think the opposite, because right now is the PERFECT time to bring back kayfabe via twitter - have someone accidentally tweet something unbelievably inflammatory to another wrassler, then immediately delete it. Play that fucking crowd. They'll eat it up.

Sephzilla

I think the opposite, because right now is the PERFECT time to bring back kayfabe via twitter - have someone accidentally tweet something unbelievably inflammatory to another wrassler, then immediately delete it. Play that fucking crowd. They'll eat it up.

That's a trick that I think would only work once though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, there's a text-based wrestling interactive fiction game on Steam: Slammed! Only $2.95, and apparently you can turn a work into a shoot in it.

You can work yourself into a shoot, and work the work to shoot the work?

Bandini

Its raining and miserable down here in GA. What we eating for breakfast wrasslegaf?

I'm having a egg, bacon and cheese sandwich with jelly and a coffee.

I need a good meal after going to a Superbowl party, waiting on a veggie omelette and sausage links at a local diner.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How long does stone cold take to put his podcasts up on the internets/itunes/whatever?

If you're wanting to listen tot he Triple H one, I'm sure there's some exclusivity to the Network there. I believe it was more than 2 weeks until the Vince one hit his feed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2ojsue/vince_loves_pulling_ribs_zack_ryder/

Can't believe I never heard about this before, that's just fucking cruel what Vince did to Ryder.

"And just...looking at how his face changes, when he's on his way into the pool after I pushed him.

haw haw hawww. its brilliant you see.

*thousand yard stare*"

oof, that is rough but I mean, its also no different from regular job politics. if your boss is an egomaniac you can expect them to go for the last laugh and cut you loose if you do something like politic your way into a raise.

Thorakai

When Vince knows he is close to dying the word "carny" won't even be enough to describe what will happen in the WWE.

Guy will get as many laughs as possible before he clocks out even if it means crumbling his own empire.

While that is fucked, I bet Ryder never stood up for himself in front of Vince and that sealed his fate forever. Dude should have walked or made a stand.

Top Bottom