• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheamus matches can be very good with the right opponent, and those two did great work together. I'm just really cold on Ziggler, especially when there's no story to this. "I campaigned on Twitter for my Mania moment" smacks of Zack Ryder, too.

Sephzilla

I don't want to see Bryan fight mid-card Cena. The story for that would be more ham-fisted and difficult to swallow than two guys who want to have a match simply to have a match.

I live in Montreal, I had to kill 3 polar bear by hand coming in to work this morning

i4Tl0212mDy9c.gif

RP912

Banned
Its raining and miserable down here in GA. What we eating for breakfast wrasslegaf?

I'm having a egg, bacon and cheese sandwich with jelly and a coffee.

Hasney

Despite it being posted here a zillion times and people rolling their eyes, I fail to see how this is a bad idea.

They -do- have history and -could- revisit it, if they built the match a month in advance and did it effectively. Bryan doesn't exactly have a place at Mania right now, and it would be a step up from wasting his time with Ziggler.

I disagree. Either way would be a waste of time because we'd then get Sheamus/Bryan at Extreme Rules with no real rhyme or reason and they may stretch it to the next PPV anyway like they do with most mid-card feuds.

I'd rather Bryan/Ziggler because I think the match will be more fun. No matter which direction they went, I think the build up and story afterwards will be pointless filler.

Sephzilla

Bryan/Shaemus would pretty much be a straight ticket to the Punk/Ambrose-verse for Bryan until probably Payback. Dolph/Bryan would easily be a one off match that wouldn't hang either of them up, and it would be a more fun match to watch than anything Bryan and Shaemus could put over.

Hasney

Can anyone here help me out:

Some students I know are going on a trip and they need some logo for a shirt... Can anyone with good skills help me design a shirt about going on a trip to India? It's one of those trips where people go to a third world country to build relationships with locals and get a sense of third world living (among other things).

Is there a place on GAF to ask for this?

Should say "India 2015" at minimum.

yvji4sx.jpg

Seriously, I think there was a graphic request thread at some point in OT. Maybe try there

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Its raining and miserable down here in GA. What we eating for breakfast wrasslegaf?

I'm having a egg, bacon and cheese sandwich with jelly and a coffee.

Eating?

For breakfast?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan/Shaemus would pretty much be a straight ticket to the Punk/Ambrose-verse for Bryan until probably Payback. Dolph/Bryan would easily be a one off match that wouldn't hang either of them up, and it would be a more fun match to watch than anything Bryan and Shaemus could put over.

I'd argue Bryan's already there. He can't get out of there right now, and I think he knows it - which is why he asked to be the face of Smackdown. I think that may have been a pretty big mistake on his part...

Sephzilla

I'd argue Bryan's already there. He can't get out of there right now, and I think he knows it - which is why he asked to be the face of Smackdown. I think that may have been a pretty big mistake on his part...

He's at the very best fighting on the fringe of the Punkverse right now. But yeah, it's hard to argue that someone isn't in the Punkverse when they're still feuding with Kane

in 2015

Pizoxuat

Sheamus matches can be very good with the right opponent, and those two did great work together. I'm just really cold on Ziggler, especially when there's no story to this. "I campaigned on Twitter for my Mania moment" smacks of Zack Ryder, too.

WWE constantly pushing social media makes this pretty inevitable, though. It would be hard for them to not do these kind of storylines with how much they use it to drive fan interaction, both during and between shows. I think we'll only see more of this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Ascension are popular with the kids.
ScynSan.png

rsPLsCr.png

Is this what Crossover Appeal is?

I disagree. Either way would be a waste of time because we'd then get Sheamus/Bryan at Extreme Rules with no real rhyme or reason and they may stretch it to the next PPV anyway like they do with most mid-card feuds.

I'd rather Bryan/Ziggler because I think the match will be more fun. No matter which direction they went, I think the build up and story afterwards will be pointless filler.

In this case, Ziggler should be a heel, but it makes no sense. Unless you get him pissed off at being constantly thrown under the bus and get Bryan involved.

Sheamus is a better opponent, if he is a strong heel. It will be the underdog match Bryan fans wanted out of Lesnar. And there is history to work with to sustain interesting towards Mania, unlike Ziggler and Bryan.

Sheamus will also be higher up on the chain than Ziggler if he returns as a strong heel. Ziggler/Bryan only really serves Ziggler.

If Bryan can go over Sheamus, he would avenge his many losses against him, while boosting a good heel, who can then feud with Reigns.

I'm all for Sheamus/Bryan so long as Bryan goes over..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE constantly pushing social media makes this pretty inevitable, though. It would be hard for them to not do these kind of storylines with how much they use it to drive fan interaction, both during and between shows. I think we'll only see more of this.

The big question is can they even make it interesting through that avenue? I'm trying to think of any feud that sparked on Twitter that ended up with a match I cared about.

iMax

Can anyone here help me out:

Some students I know are going on a trip and they need some logo for a shirt... Can anyone with good skills help me design a shirt about going on a trip to India? It's one of those trips where people go to a third world country to build relationships with locals and get a sense of third world living (among other things).

Is there a place on GAF to ask for this?

Should say "India 2015" at minimum.

5gwQKex.png

^ Lol. OK, I took it back. Stop it D;

yvji4sx.jpg

Seriously, I think there was a graphic request thread at some point in OT. Maybe try there

Lol. I asked in the Art thread because I figured you guys would Wrasslerize it.

Need to find this graphic thread, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Japan Robots are dumb.

America/Europe robots for life. Big clunky tank monstrosities should have been the way of things instead of all these anime fighting robot bullshit we got.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Japan Robots are dumb.

America/Europe robots for life. Big clunky tank monstrosities should have been the way of things instead of all these anime fighting robot bullshit we got.

You prefer Battletech to Gundam? I like your style.

I always enjoyed the more functional style of robits. I don't know why robots should be using rollerblades. As much as I loved Virtual On, what the fuck folks.

Give me Chromehounds all day. Loved that shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
The big question is can they even make it interesting through that avenue? I'm trying to think of any feud that sparked on Twitter that ended up with a match I cared about.

Ambrose and Foley were actually doing pretty well in building up their potential feud. Shame that never happened.

Forkball

So people are assuming Bryan vs. Ziggler at Mania? What is the biggest fall from grace from one Mania to the next? Non-Miz version I mean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So people are assuming Bryan vs. Ziggler at Mania? What is the biggest fall from grace from one Mania to the next? Non-Miz version I mean.

King Kong Bundy went from the main event to a curtain jerker in a year.

Sephzilla

Japan Robots are dumb.

Japan did big clunky robots better as well. Unless you're not talking about mechs in general.

413214-mechagodzilla.jpg

dragonzord.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I prefer my robots to have to be transported by cargo train and look clunky as fuck. The more you look like a bunch of tanks stacked on top of each other, the better.

imBask

Banned

Chris Benoit went from winning the title at 20 to losing a MiTB match the year after, to vanishing completely from WWE history 2 years later

Guzim

As awesome as seeing Bryan vs Ziggler would be, I'd love to see Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania just to see Bryan defeat Sheamus there.

Sephzilla

Miz and King Kong Bundy are probably the two biggest falls from grace.

I don't think Miz deserved it either, he was a great top heel

Pizoxuat

That really is the big question. Even with as much as they are pushing social media, they can't just assume that everyone is following Bryan and Ziggler to see their twitter exchanges. They're gonna have to work on transitioning this stuff.

I think that NXT would be the right proving ground for them to experiment with this kind of storytelling and figure out what works. They have a small audience that is already predisposed to be more forgiving.

But that would require that the WWE not just bullishly charge into something new because it's shiny, and it would require that the main team be willing to learn lessons from NXT. So we'll get Bryan vs Ziggler at Wrestlemania with whatever kind of build 26 writers starting from a twitter seed can get through Vince.

In this case, Ziggler should be a heel, but it makes no sense. Unless you get him pissed off at being constantly thrown under the bus and get Bryan involved.

Sheamus is a better opponent, if he is a strong heel. It will be the underdog match Bryan fans wanted out of Lesnar. And there is history to work with to sustain interesting towards Mania, unlike Ziggler and Bryan.

Sheamus will also be higher up on the chain than Ziggler if he returns as a strong heel. Ziggler/Bryan only really serves Ziggler.

If Bryan can go over Sheamus, he would avenge his many losses against him, while boosting a good heel, who can then feud with Reigns.

I'm all for Sheamus/Bryan so long as Bryan goes over..

Given their need for heels once Reigns beats Lesnar, wouldn't it make more sense to feed Bryan to Sheamus to build him up for Reigns?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another issue with feuds via twitter is that kayfabe is completely dead there. Maybe if they worked a little harder on kayfabe Tweets we'd give a shit.

Jamie OD

And Gundam Build Fighters is the best sports entertainment on TV. It's almost like having Plawres Sanshiro back again.

a5799b069c414b3ecd99dddc8feaee78.gif

3a9998ff718c6e1ef0e5eca5c2f7d76d.gif

Been meaning to start watching this. Also first time I've heard of Playwres Sanshiro but from reading the plot summary bet I would like it.

Top Bottom