• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

k8Ubc1d.png

JZwziUd.png

UnWtlBz.png

bGlBdPa.png

3m1dFpS.png

9xu85DY.png

Lvnx6L3.png
Haha, you made these?

Aiii

So not worth it
I still don't understand how you can make a movie with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones and not make money.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2ojsue/vince_loves_pulling_ribs_zack_ryder/

Can't believe I never heard about this before, that's just fucking cruel what Vince did to Ryder.

That's nothing. He has a long history of pulling pranks and bullying people. Here is an excerpt from the latest Observer about Tough Enough

The first several episodes of the season, which aired live on Smackdown, was built around the idea of the main roster guys bullying the students. The whole thing was a disaster. They wanted Big Show to bully the guys, but the cast had several huge guys, including Justice Smith and Daniel Rodimer, who were not quite his weight, but almost as big and Smith was a tough guy. Show didn’t want to do it and there were complaints because the guys not having been taught to sell, made Show look silly because they popped right up from his body slams.
It got worse when they arranged to embarrass the guys further. The idea was for all of the cast members to have a pasta eating contest, with the idea they’d stuff themselves backstage right before coming out. Next, they were going to have them go into the ring live and do squats thrusts until they dropped. Puder was suspicious, and on purpose, somewhat tanked the eating contest figuring it was going to lead to management making fools of the guys for throwing up on live TV right after. So in the squat thrust competition, Puder didn’t get sick as quick as the rest of them and was having no trouble continuing. Still, while he was clearly the last one standing, when John Laurinaitis from backstage told the referee that the blond guy won, the ref raised the hand of the wrong blond guy, Chris Nawrocki.
Nawrocki’s reward was to do a legitimate shoot wrestling match with Kurt Angle. The idea was Angle would destroy any of the guys, although Puder was a good high school wrestler and trained at AKA in San Jose for MMA (in the small world notice, one of his main training partners at the time was Shinsuke Nakamura). The idea was between the pasta eating contest and the squat thrusts, they’d be so gassed it wouldn’t be a contest, and ready to throw up after Angle got threw with one of them, which is Vince McMahon entertainment. Really, even tanking the eating contest, Puder should have been a sitting duck, but he came into the competition training like a marathon runner so he was relatively fresh.

Angle destroyed Nawrocki, including breaking his ribs and cranking his neck while the people backstage laughed. Angle then asked if anyone else wanted any of him, figuring after that display, everyone would back down. Puder raised his hand.
So they started grappling. Angle was able to take Puder down and Puder immediately locked on a Kimura from the bottom. Angle was probably done but he was on top and referee Jimmy Korderas, quickly realizing the ultimate embarrassment of the situation, counted to three for the pin, even though Puder’s shoulder was up and he actually very clearly raised it at two.
The WWE figured nobody would know, but after it aired on television, the whole story came out, and became gigantic on MMA message boards. WWE after it had aired, later edited the footage but it had already aired on television.

At first they tried to have Bob Holly beat him into quitting on the house shows, and then sent him to developmental, although Holly said he was told by Jimmy Yang that Puder told him he could beat Holly if it was real, and Holly felt he had no respect and beat his chest raw. Puder said he never said anything of the sort. In the Royal Rumble they did an initiation where Holly, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit destroyed him and threw him out with him taking a bump he wasn’t ready to take. Terry Taylor, who worked for TNA at the time, publicly said that was clearly a company ordered “hit.”

Where is Ryder going to walk to?

Death of WCW was the worst thing to ever happen in wrasslin.

If making a stand would not work out he should have gone to TNA/Indies. I don't know when the exact time period of the story was but lets assume it was when Ryder was hot and had arenas chanting for him. He could have easily leveraged that in to a larger than deserved TNA contract and some big money indie dates.

Staying with the WWE and just taking the shit they give him has devalued him. He's had constant employment in wrestling but he's on the very low end of the card probably not making all that much.

I'd rather have self respect and a chance elsewhere than be treated like dirt and knowing things will never get better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Snippet of a Roman Reigns interview this morning:

Reigns discussed the WWE being behind him as he prepares to wrestle for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on March 29 at Levi's Stadium in California.

"It's one of those situations where obviously the company does what the company does and the fans do what they do," he said. "And that's what's so great. So, the fans have to realize as opinionated as you want it, the company is the same way. The company is going to do what they want to do, fans are going to do what they want to do, and hopefully at the end of the day I'm just the guy getting rich."

Lastly, Reigns discussed his critics and the legacy he wants to leave behind in his career.

"The majority of critics are people who have no clue what they're talking about, been in a wrestling ring, been a public speaker, and wouldn't even lock up with me. They would have no clue what to do. So, for them to critique or ever say anything about any performer is asinine and just blows my mind."

He added: "My goal is hopefully make everyone happy and be satisfied with the product that I've created. People don't realize is I created a product - a Superman punch - and taken a spear and made it my own. There's a lot of things that I've done that I've created, so there's a lot of opinions that I have that I'm not going to budge on."

"I don't care, as long as I'm making money", "you can't criticise me unless you do what I do", "my 3 move war crate is a product I created"

Likeable chap.

Could it have been a scheduling issue? Maybe it was the only date that Dragon Gate's venue was available, and the company couldn't afford rescheduling its PPV. Or, DG really believes (or, hopefully, has market research that indicates) that it pulls a completely different crowd than NJPW.

I'm sure Dragon Gate will have no problem selling tickets, they definitely play to a different audience than New Japan, although there's probably a bit of crossover - it could have a bigger effect on PPV sales though, but probably doesn't matter much in the long term. It's only their 4th or 5th biggest PPV of the year, whereas the G1 final is probably New Japan's 2nd biggest show, so if they do well running against the G1 finals that's a good sign.

Here's one for Boots and the other PROGRESS types:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPs_Y-djBBU
wXw: Bryan Danielson vs Tommy End

Haven't watched it yet so no idea if it's good, but that's the kind of match that interests me on paper alone.

This is a real good match from what I recall, the AMBITION shootstyle events are always well worth a watch, but having Bryan in the first made it all the more memorable. Incidentally, last year's AMBITION 5 had a fantastic Drew Gulak vs Zack Sabre Jr. match that I'd highly recommend to fans of the style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure Dragon Gate will have no problem selling tickets, they definitely play to a different audience than New Japan, although there's probably a bit of crossover - it could have a bigger effect on PPV sales though, but probably doesn't matter much in the long term. It's only their 4th or 5th biggest PPV of the year, whereas the G1 final is probably New Japan's 2nd biggest show, so if they do well running against the G1 finals that's a good sign.

I think those two audiences cannibalize each other, honestly. Hope they both do well. NJPW doesn't need my well wishes for that, though, as they're the big dog.

jmdajr

Reigns discussed the WWE being behind him as he prepares to wrestle for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on March 29 at Levi's Stadium in California.

"It's one of those situations where obviously the company does what the company does and the fans do what they do," he said. "And that's what's so great. So, the fans have to realize as opinionated as you want it, the company is the same way. The company is going to do what they want to do, fans are going to do what they want to do, and hopefully at the end of the day I'm just the guy getting rich."

Lastly, Reigns discussed his critics and the legacy he wants to leave behind in his career.

"The majority of critics are people who have no clue what they're talking about, been in a wrestling ring, been a public speaker, and wouldn't even lock up with me. They would have no clue what to do. So, for them to critique or ever say anything about any performer is asinine and just blows my mind."

He added: "My goal is hopefully make everyone happy and be satisfied with the product that I've created. People don't realize is I created a product - a Superman punch - and taken a spear and made it my own. There's a lot of things that I've done that I've created, so there's a lot of opinions that I have that I'm not going to budge on."

This should please the doubters

Sephzilla

Even when he's not in a wrestling ring they need to keep a microphone away from him.

imBask

Banned
let's look on the bright side, i'm glad we might get Bryan vs Ziggler. They'll steal the show and expose Reigns even more

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting.

Roman Reigns had this to say to his detractors:

"If you want to fucking play Hardpoint don't sit back there like a fuckin piece of shit and not cap points. Dumbass don't work on your stupid fucking killstreaks you can get points being on the point itself contribute to the team or something you worthless fucking piece of shit. Go move out of your mom's basement you mouthbreathing asshole fat piece of shit GOD"

The Big Show added,

"I don't know why I have to keep replaying the same mission to get the same goddamn tokens. Can Bungie fix the drop rate?"

Hasney

NXT doing its thing promoting strong female role models and also reinforcing that "Like a girl" isn't an insult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwMJS6GjIwc

That's pretty awesome. Shame they wouldn't be able to carry this to the main roster.
let's look on the bright side, i'm glad we might get Bryan vs Ziggler. They'll steal the show and expose Reigns even more

You don't get the chance to with 10 minutes including entrances. I hope they prove me wrong though.

DMczaf

Hahahahaha

Our new face of the company, everyone.

somedevil

Want to know why Ziggler is Bryan's opponent. From the Observer:

We noted before that Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan was the original plan for this year's WWE WrestleMania 31 pay-per-view but it was changed to Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler some time in the last few weeks.

WWE officials are indeed going forward with Bryan vs. Ziggler and we should see that match develop on RAW this week. The change was made because Bryan went to WWE officials and requested a match against Ziggler for WrestleMania 31.

Bryan asked for Ziggler as his opponent. Not sure how Sheamus should feel about this though.

Heel

I know no one here gave a second thought to what the WWE did to Titus O'Neil at the Royal Rumble, but I'd like to remind everyone reading that it's now Black History Month. Hopefully it's the start of A New Day at World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., beginning tonight at Monday Night RAW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to think the reason behind Colt Cabana being mad at this guy is that he's WAY better at comedy than him.

Colt hates Tharpe? I didn't know this. Tharpe all the way. Tharpe's carny business actually fits his character.

I know no one here gave a second thought to what the WWE did to Titus O'Neil at the Royal Rumble, but I'd like to remind everyone reading that it's now Black History Month. Hopefully it's the start of A New Day at World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., beginning tonight at Monday Night RAW.

We spoke about it at length - I stuck up for Titus suggesting that it wasn't his fault, but was proved wrong.

DMczaf

...I'm going to go watch Glory again.

Why does anyone think Bryan not in a title match at Mania considered a fall from grace? It's a booking blunder forsure but you put Bryan in the ring with anybody not named Kane and he's the biggest star there whether the brass likes it or not.

Hasney

Well, that and Interchangeable Black Guy Dudley.

Top Bottom