• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

zychi

Banned
So..

Rusev's mic skills > Roman Reigns mic skills

What did they do to Reigns? He used to not be this bad. Those acting classes he took when he was "injured" must have been taught by Paris Hilton.

its too scripted now. if they let him just talk like the old days, hed be slightly better

dream

It's worth noting, Heel, that I booked the finish of Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owen. Just like I was the first person to recognize that Alex Rusev is the future of WWE.

iMax

bmoriTb.gif

Bayley can chase Sasha for it now.

It was always going to come down to Sasha as the champion when Bayley finally wins it. Sasha has tortured Bayley week in and week out for a long time. Sasha's ultimate comeuppance will be when Bayley beats her one-on-one for the belt. Another amazing example of a slow burn. NXT tells amazing stories.

Man Sin Cara and Kalisto with the early botches in this match vs the Dubstep Express. I expected it from Sin Cara but first I recall Kalisto getting in on the act.

Also if you were going to repackage Bull Dempsey how would you do it?

Man Sin Cara and Kalisto with the early botches in this match vs the Dubstep Express. I expected it from Sin Cara but first I recall Kalisto getting in on the act.

To be fair to Kalisto the step-up tope con hilo is one of the more difficult and dangerous dives to pull off, I'm just glad he slipped before he'd committed himself to the springboard, otherwise it could've ended nastily.

Sasha is only the third women's champion. When she won it she looked she wanted to cry, but she didn't because she's a heel. That title fucking matters. And that's awesome.

Zach

Stop quoting that Cena gif you creeps. Jesus.

And tonight's event was pretty good. I look forward to Balor/Owens, even though Owens has a pretty crummy look. I said it! I mean, I'm half on-board. I just can't ever see being fully into it. Dude's a bit fat, too. Also, I'm seeing comparisons to Vader and hahaha, wasn't Vader a few inches taller and a good one hundred pounds-plus heavier? Way more menacing dude. I'm just saying.

I'm sorry to those I have offended.

Now that we got that NXT out of our systems we can focus on what's important - Fast Lane

Alright look Daniel Bryan fans, accept it right now. Accept it right now. On this very day that Daniel Bryan will not be in the main event at Wrestlemania. Please accept it right now. I don't wanna hear you crying after Fast Lane when Roman Reigns beats him. I don't wanna hear you crying "I'm gonna make an online petition, I might make an online petition because I'm very upset". I don't wanna hear none of that bullshit. I just want you to accept it.

Now don't get me wrong I like Daniel Bryan, great wrestler puts on good matches, I wish he'd be the champion again. I wish he going to Mania to fight Brock Lesnar, I think it's a great story. Right? Guy gets injured, NEVER really loses the title and then comes back wins the rumble goes on to face Lesnar the beast Brock Lesnar. The ultimate underdog versus the ultimate just bthis dude'll crush anybody he beats anybody. How can Daniel Bryan possibly overcome him!? Oh no, but that's not gonna happen that story will not be told. I'M SORRY. EHHHH, EHHHH. WHHYYYY!? WHY!?? Don't get me wrong, I'm upset too. Oh my god that would be a great story, but we're not gonna witness it, it's not gonna happen and I want you to accept it now.

You should've accepted it before the Royal Rumble. I KNEW Roman Reigns was gonna win, I told you this and you motherfuckers were still on here, "no, no, no I think the fans changed their mind." You think Vince McMahon gives a fuck what you think? You think Vince McMahon cares? He'll be dead soon. He wants Roman Reigns to be the fucking GUY and that's who it's gonna be. They been planning this all fucking year. Now I can say they gave you a way last year they gave you a fuck away last year and that was a whole different story. It ain't happening this year.

First off all you ruined everything last year. Batista was gonna win the belt, fucking BATISTA, Guardians of the Galaxy Batista he was go on Summerslam. I would think, right? And face Brock Lesnar, the Beast vs. The Animal, you ruined it, you ruined Vince Mcmahon's ultimate dream of that match.

And now you think, now you think he's gonna once again allow you to ruin Roman Reigns, ALLOW YOU to ruin everything he's built to get here. I mean he ended the fucking STREAK for this he made John Cena look like a BITCH for this. And you think you're gonna ruin it? You think he's gonna give all of that to Br- to Daniel Bryan you understand whoever beats Lesnar that beats the guy who ended the streak beats the guy that dominated John Cena, Brock Lesnar's a bad motherfucker and he's gonna be beat by Roman Reigns. You think they gonna allow Daniel Bryan to take all that?

Come on man it ain't fucking happening, you need to accept it now and I know they got ya'll hyped up now "Oh my god they're gonna fight at Fastlane!" Oh my god they're gonna have a match and whoever wins fights Lesnar. Who do you thinks gonna win that match? Are you this fucking dumb? Do you think they're gonna fucking let Daniel Bryan win that match? NO, all of this is Vince Mcmahon fucking with you that's all it is. Fucking with your emotions don't worry, don't worry will get that belt back one day when the time is right when Vince Mcmahon is ready to give your way to let you celebrate, but not this time, not this time, not THIS Mania. Not this Fastlane, not this Rumble it ain't fucking happening.

Just accept it please, I don't wanna see ya'll on here crying on the 22nd isn't that when the ppv is, crying and shit "Oh why Daniel Bryan deserved it, OH I can't believe it, ohhhhh." Booing and shit I don't even get why they boo Roman Reigns, I like Roman Reigns okay oh he's not the best promo well he'll get better. Okay? OKAY. We'll put him with a manager, there's plenty of solutions. OKAY, guy?

But I agree with you I wouldn't put Roman Reigns in there, I'd put Daniel Bryan but eth-I don't run the place okay, I don't fucking run it. I just watch the shit and I'm telling you right now Roman Reigns will be in the main event against Brock Lesnar. It won't be no triple threat. Dr Duncan on here talking about "It'll be a triple threat" NOO Dr Duncan DRUM alert THAT. It ain't gonna be nothing, it's gonna be Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar. Sting, Triple H and Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan is probably the opening match. Daniel Bryan will be the opening match, bet on it. BET ON IT.

And you motherfuckers will be upset too, you'll be like "Daniel Bryan's opening match!?? NOT FAIR. He main evented last year!" And you should be happy, you should be happy he got that main event. CM Punk never got his main event be happy for Daniel Bryan they gave Daniel Bryan that main event. Okay? They gave him that they ain't gonna give him it every year. Okay, you getting greedy now you're getting greedy. You want it all, you want it all and I'm hey, I totally understand, it's a great story I get where you're coming from, but Vince Mcmahon is getting his way this year. Accept it, deal with it and quit crying about it cause it isn't is you're wasting your fucking breath because ain't shit gonna change. It's gonna be Roman Reigns shove it down your fucking throat, he's shoving it down Bobo! He's shoving it in your throat and you're gonna have to accept it. Anyway, peace.

Stop quoting that Cena gif you creeps. Jesus.

And tonight's event was pretty good. I look forward to Balor/Owens, even though Owens has a pretty crummy look. I said it! I mean, I'm half on-board. I just can't ever see being fully into it. Dude's a bit fat, too. Also, I'm seeing comparisons to Vader and hahaha, wasn't Vader a few inches taller and a good one hundred pounds-plus heavier? Way more menacing dude. I'm just saying.

I'm sorry to those I have offended.
It's understandable. A lot of people don't like his look. A lot of people don't like Daniel Bryan's look. I was never a fan of Punk's look.

Observer stuff

Those who have to know where things are going because this is a major event with a lot of publicity that needs to be in place, were told this past week that the Lesnar vs. Reigns match is being changed to a three-way. The reality is, that still could change until the 2/22 show in Memphis, where they have to come up with a finish for Bryan vs. Reigns to build the title match.

What’s notable is that after the Rumble, we were told that Vince McMahon was not considering changing from Lesnar vs. Reigns and that they had already done the three-way and Bryan win last year. But despite what is said publicly, the company often does react to what the crowds dictate, and this case is very similar to 1994, where Lex Luger was groomed to beat Yokozuna, and crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble led to that being changed to Bret Hart.

While this is probably just coincidental, Russo and Lucha Underground are in talks and he’s expected in Los Angeles for a meeting this coming week. The public story is that he’s going there to interview talent for his podcast, notably Maria Santos, the super attractive ring announcer. But Eric Van Wagenen has been pushing to get Russo in, and even those who think he’s not going to get in have said they figure when he’s there he’s going to make a push for it. Others have questioned it saying besides his track record and he’s got no background or knowledge of Mexican wrestling.

A few weeks back I wrote that the idea of Jim Ross doing Lucha Underground was a dead issue. It was at the time but fences have been mended. Ross is not directly involved in the talks, since he pretty much has Barry Bloom do his negotiations for him. Well, it’s far from the idea there is a deal, but it’s back alive.

The reason more hasn’t come out regarding the May shows with ROH and New Japan because of internal issues regarding costs of the shows. It’s also not certain whether any of the shows would be on iPPV. One of them should have been on PPV because I sensed last year a lot more interest in the two shows with New Japan than in the PPVs they did after, even though the PPVs did far more because people still don’t trust the iPPV technology or simply won’t order it that way. Right now the decisions haven’t been made regarding how much talent will be used. New Japan wanted to send most of the top stars, like last year, figuring it helps their brand. ROH was looking to cut back to only a few, as a cost saver, but others in the company are still pushing to do it like last year and nothing is yet official. The official announcement may be made on the WrestleMania weekend show as far as who is coming in.

For what it’s worth, someone saw Undertaker recently and said that he looked 60 and moved like his knees were gone and it was almost shocking.

From one of the top performers, there is no enthusiasm of talent when it comes to booking. The term used is that from above it’s a “We are having fun Goddammit” type of speech from Vince, and compared it to forcing POW’s to sing and dance and pretend everyone is happy. The bad promos are also a topic of discussion, particularly since the people around who understand the concept of money promos and building anticipation in matches are considered by most in management as “old wrestlers” and not sports entertainers. The funny part is that at NXT, the head promo coach is Dusty Rhodes, which is why that show has promos that direct into a feud and match more directly. One person noted that the best thing for the company would be to take Lawler off commentary and hire him as the promo coach for the main roster talent. But there is negative in that. First, Lawler probably wouldn’t want it. Second, Lawler isn’t going to fight the system and the problem is systematic. Also, while Lawler was one of the all-time best at doing promos that build matches, some, like Dusty, can do it and coach it, and I’m not sure if Lawler, where it came so easy to him, would coach it as well.

The crowd reaction for Reigns & Bryan has been really entertaining so far, but is that something they really want to keep up through Mania? Just fucking go with Reigns or Bryan.

Top Bottom