• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't get this religious route you're going with your replies, Vinny Mac.

It applies directly to what you said. In other words...
It's news. We're not airing something on our own. It's everywhere. Nobody should give a shit.

Cagey

Banned
We need to stop posting the Seth texts. That's a dude's personal life. All dudes type similarly if they have a booty call. It's only embarrassing 'cause you're reading it out of context. Otherwise, he's typing like any other late teen or twenty something to a girl he's getting with.
I've never been in position to have to text a booty call. You're telling me this is standard shit for dudes? Men are corny as fuck.

dream

I would argue that the audience that goes to house shows and cheers Reigns matters more to the WWE than a bunch of smarks who pirate PPV's and whine online, and might show up to a RAW in a smarky city.

There's also a very interesting (if not sad) concerted effort from Daniel Bryan fans to try to create a fantasy where Roman Reigns isn't cheered. Our good friend bean breath recently caught one of them in the act, who posted that "you could hear a pin drop" during a Roman Reigns vs. Big Show street fight, proving that Roman Reigns isn't the guy.

Then bean breath found a video of the match of the match in question and all you can hear are fans going banana for Roman Reigns.

But you know, these are marks who don't understand wrestling the way Daniel Bryan fans do.

Ding ding ding. This really isn't a pro Bryan thing. It's an anti guy who's not ready and who's been made to look like a doofus thing.

"It's not a pro-Bryan thing. We're just going to boo everybody who's not Bryan for the rest of the Rumble, because we didn't get what we wanted."

Ithil

I would argue that the audience that goes to house shows and cheers Reigns matters more to the WWE than a bunch of smarks who pirate PPV's and whine online, and might show up to a RAW in a smarky city.

And the 18k fans who paid high prices for Rumble tickets just...don't matter?

There's also a very interesting (if not sad) concerted effort from Daniel Bryan fans to try to create a fantasy where Roman Reigns isn't cheered. Our good friend bean breath recently caught one of them in the act, who posted that "you could hear a pin drop" during a Roman Reigns vs. Big Show street fight, proving that Roman Reigns isn't the guy.

Then bean breath found a video of the match of the match in question and all you can hear are fans going banana for Roman Reigns.

Right. I love Bryan. I was watching his Ring of Honor matches a decade ago. But, his fans have made me want him to retire due to his injuries and have a nice rest of his family life with Brie.

Vylash

We need to stop posting the Seth texts. That's a dude's personal life. All dudes type similarly if they have a booty call. It's only embarrassing 'cause you're reading it out of context. Otherwise, he's typing like any other late teen or twenty something to a girl he's getting with.

the obsession with seth in here is troubling

And the 18k fans who paid high prices for Rumble tickets just...don't matter?

In the long run, no. Because they're going to watch anyway.

On the other hand, are those Philly fans going to show up to the Thursday house show w/ a Roman Reigns vs. Kane main event in six months, and buy $200 dollars in merch, like a whole hell of a lot of kids will? No? That no, they matter less.

Because none of that farm-league shit matters

image.php

I feel like a lot of you here would be a lot happier if you realized that GAF has an ignore function. I use it for the gimmicks, and it's pretty great.

somedevil

Enough about which crowds matter and more about how Reigns is terribad.

I just feel that they just pushed him too fast. They should of just gave him Rusev at Wrestlemania and made him the first to pin him and had Bryan vs Lesnar at the main event.

Then checked back at Summerslam to see if he was ready. The WWE self sabotaged this whole thing.

Ithil

In the long run, no. Because they're going to watch anyway.

On the other hand, are those Philly fans going to show up to the Thursday house show w/ a Roman Reigns vs. Kane main event in six months, and buy $200 dollars in merch, like a whole hell of a lot of kids will? No? That no, they matter less.

If this was 1988 and house shows were your main source of income, you might have a point, but I think 18000 high priced PPV tickets are worth more than 2000 in Bumfuck, Middle of Nowhere.
Also, given Bryan was the second biggest merch seller before his injury, I really don't get your point. You're acting like Bryan is only over with "nerdy internet nerds". He is considerably more popular than Reigns with all of the audience, and a bigger star. This isn't 2010, and Reigns is not John Cena.

Lastly their lifeblood is now the WWE Network. Guess who buys that? It ain't the "watch RAW sometimes, maybe, if there isn't football on" casual crowd.

dream

I feel like a lot of you here would be a lot happier if you realized that GAF has an ignore function. I use it for the gimmicks, and it's pretty great.

And that's the thing that gets me. Daniel Bryan fans are so invested in their hivemind that it's impossible for them to consider that maybe people have legitimate reasons for liking Roman Reigns. So rather than accept and debate contrasting opinions and exploring different points of contention, they just take the lazy way out and call it a "gimmick."

This becomes even more prominent when Roman Reigns gets cheered on TV, like he was on a recent episode of Monday Night Raw SuperShow where bean breath compiled a list of all the wrestlinggaffers who were outraged because fans were cheering for someone that they don't like.

And that's the thing that gets me. Daniel Bryan fans are so invested in their hivemind that it's impossible for them to consider that maybe people have legitimate reasons for liking Roman Reigns. So rather than accept and debate contrasting opinions and exploring different points of contention, they just take the lazy way out and call it a "gimmick."

This becomes even more prominent when Roman Reigns gets cheered on TV, like he was on a recent episode of Monday Night Raw SuperShow where bean breath compiled a list of all the wrestlinggaffers who were outraged because fans were cheering for someone that they don't like.

I have to admire your commitment. It's okay, Roman's not going away. It'll all be okay.

I've certainly not called you a gimmick, but you sure are acting like one. Drop this "Daniel Bryan fan" stuff, and I'd bet you would lose a lot of the hostility. That's what comes off as a gimmick to me, since no sensible person posts like that.

If you like Roman, that is fine. I'm happy you like him. But this stuff that Daniel Bryan is just some cult guy who is only over with a select group of fans is completely ridiculous. Yes, Roman gets cheered at the house shows. Guess who else does and 9 times out of 10 gets a bigger reaction? Daniel Bryan. Who gets cheered more often on TV? Daniel Bryan.

Roman Reigns is popular. Daniel Bryan is more popular. This is not controversial to those paying attention. Whether you like one or the other is irrelevant.

Top Bottom