• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

You know what else I realized I also like about NXT?

There aren't a million different annoying camera cuts during a match like on Raw or SD

That was a good show. Not really familiar with a lot but I'm getting there.

You picked a great time to give it a shot with Hogan's ass gone and the other older guys like Sting recently on the way out. I really like the booking and direction of TNA since the New Year started. Less Dixie, more wrestlers, NO HOGAN!

strobogo

Banned
You picked a great time to give it a shot with Hogan's ass gone and the other older guys like Sting recently on the way out. I really like the booking and direction of TNA since the New Year started. Less Dixie, more wrestlers, NO HOGAN!

Less Dixie? Impact has had more Dixie than ever this year.

You know what else I realized I also like about NXT?

There aren't a million different annoying camera cuts during a match like on Raw or SD

YUS
YUS
YUSSSSSS
So good. They could've been quicker on them RE: some bits and especially the main, but beyond that SMOOTH (full) SAIL

Sephzilla

YUS
YUS
YUSSSSSS
So good. They could've been quicker on them RE: some bits and especially the main, but beyond that SMOOTH (full) SAIL

The camera work on the main shows annoys the fuck out of me honestly. Far too much jumping from camera to camera and they do that annoying quick zoom in any time someone does a big move or a finisher.

The camera work on the main shows annoys the fuck out of me honestly. Far too much jumping from camera to camera and they do that annoying quick zoom in any time someone does a big move or a finisher.

I'm not opposed to using zooms to mask/accentuate the impact of things (I tend to do an inverse for top rope moves, for example), but yeah they do it too much. TNA copying it whole hog didn't help either.

And when they did SHIELD beatdowns, and would just constantly move in and out with their body? Ugggggh

Sephzilla

I'm not opposed to using zooms to mask/accentuate the impact of things (I tend to do an inverse for top rope moves, for example), but yeah they do it too much. TNA copying it whole hog didn't help either.

And when they did SHIELD beatdowns, and would just constantly move in and out with their body? Ugggggh

SO MUCH HATE FOR THAT

Let the wrestlers sell the impacts and beatdowns, not the cameramen.

Kaladin

I'm watching this episode of World Class that is on here.

I want more of this. It's not great wrestling, but I want the episodes in order so I can watch them back to back and follow what is going on week to week.

What's the stipulation for the Lockdown main event? Whichever team wins gets full control of the company?

Yeah more or less.

If Team Dixie wins, MVP is gone and he pulls his investment in TNA, gives full control back to Dixie. Roode was also gauranteed 10% of TNA ownership and some booking authority if Team Dixie wins.

If MVP's team wins, Dixie gives full control of wrestling operations to MVP and he becomes the major authority figure.

SO MUCH HATE FOR THAT

I get what they were going for (chaos), but it was just bah. I'm against zooming in with your body. It puts you and the camera in more danger than you should be in.

Filming wrestling is dangerous enough, -especially- on the indies where workers just tend to have no sense of awareness whatsoever, and try to require me to have full 360 degree vision :p

Plus it looks like shit!

0nl5Qwy.gif

It really was. Solid episode to further the various fueds and set up next week's episode and sell the matches for Lockdown as well.
Yeah I'm impressed. Sam shaw thing is FINALLY playing itself out after weeks of just straight up weird videos (which I didn't really enjoy) gunner and storm had a great segment tonight. Storm crapping on the troops was messed up and basically telling gunner that no one would care if he died was crazy. EC3 is being amazing, solid main event. Yeah. Good overall episode. Plus that Willow video is really good. I've seen it a bunch of times and I'm really looking forward to Jeff hardy as willow.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that extreme tiger coming to TNA is also gonna be awesome.

Alucard

Banned
Enjoyed Impact tonight. Thought most of the matches were a bit too quick, but I dug the storytelling focus. Some random thoughts:

-MVP can talk. Period.
-I like Gunner. What?
-EC3 is coming into his own.
-Joe and Magnus opening was hawt.
-"Creepy Bastard" chant? Yes.

Who is Tigre Uno? Not familiar.

Enjoyed Impact tonight. Thought most of the matches were a bit too quick, but I dug the storytelling focus. Some random thoughts:

-MVP can talk. Period.
-I like Gunner. What?
-EC3 is coming into his own.
-Joe and Magnus opening was hawt.
-"Creepy Bastard" chant? Yes.

Who is Tigre Uno? Not familiar.
Tigre uno is extreme tiger. Who wrestled in AAA for like 5-7 years and someone I personally enjoy a lot. Can't wait for his debut.

That's right. Corporate Kane was defending himself.

BTW, I think it's amazing that that's his actual name now.

I could understand D.Brine attacking Kane if he came in the chamber and made fun of him, or shoved him, or SOMETHING. But he came in there with the other officials to check on...Cena, I think it was? Then D.Brine just superkicks him for no fucking reason.

STUPID

strobogo

Banned
I could understand D.Brine attacking Kane if he came in the chamber and made fun of him, or shoved him, or SOMETHING. But he came in there with the other officials to check on...Cena, I think it was? Then D.Brine just superkicks him for no fucking reason.

STUPID

Top WWE faces have a habit of being their own worst enemy.

Sephzilla

STUPID

Meh, if Bryan just lets Kane walk into the cage and attack him people would just say "It's his fault for letting Kane get involved"

Meh, if Bryan just lets Kane walk into the cage and attack him people would just say "It's his fault for letting Kane get involved"

But Kane wasn't aiming to hurt anyone. He didn't even look at Bryan!

...oh god, that's what this is about, isn't it? He didn't give Bryan any attention, so Bryan went berserk.

Kaladin

Just got this in the e-mail:

During tonight's live NXT ArRIVAL special, we unfortunately experienced technical difficulties, which are to be expected when launching a new digital network. We will work aggressively to solve these glitches and deliver quality service. The complete event will be available on-demand overnight.

WWE is on top of things, I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom