• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cena's sub always looks like shit. Always.

I cannot stand Cena's wrestling. Not really athletic and he's not a fluid athlete. Stone cold with a broken back didn't move as stiff as Cena does. And he tops it all off with his super cena match calling.
After 10 years, we finally got a small amount of improvement, he locks it in tighter after Austin suggested he should.

If WWE did do a bait and switch with Cult of Personality and Bad News Barrett I hope they'd have the balls for Barrett to actually call out Punk on walking out of his contract like a jerkoff instead of waiting it out until the end.

charsace

If WWE did do a bait and switch with Cult of Personality and Bad News Barrett I hope they'd have the balls for Barrett to actually call out Punk on walking out of his contract like a jerkoff instead of waiting it out until the end.

Great way to chase a way a money maker for good.

Joeki11a

Banned

Face it Phil left, WWE WM 30 is set already and He WONT be there

strobogo

Banned

Were the Radicalz jerkoffs for leaving WCW? Legitimate question, because I definitely don't think the internet shit on them for leaving because they weren't getting the push they thought they deserved.

G-Fex

BhWlxaMIEAAT5Z3.png:large

spot on

Were the Radicalz jerkoffs for leaving WCW? Legitimate question, because I definitely don't think the internet shit on them for leaving because they weren't getting the push they thought they deserved.

Pretty sure the Radicalz were granted their releases from WCW. They didn't just walk out.

Joeki11a

Banned
People will stop chanting for punk when he is the authority's suprise entrant in the main event at mania

This is the only twist that makes sense DB is all in HHH ass begging, it all ends up with...

HHH is beating DB ass, Punk comes from
The crowd...breaks it off and kicks DB head off!, crowd is in shock and Punk gives the middle finger to the chicago crowd.

Thats the Only cool way to make Punk a super heel and sets up DB vs Punk at WM 30 for the number 1 contender spot...DB wins( sets up the punk vs db long feud ).

Malvingt2

This is the only twist that makes sense DB is all in HHH ass begging, it all ends up with...

HHH is beating DB ass, Punk comes from
The crowd...breaks it off and kicks DB head off!, crowd is in shock and Punk gives the middle finger to the chicago crowd.

Thats the Only cool way to make Punk a super heel and sets up DB vs Punk at WM 30 for the number 1 contender spot...DB wins( sets up the punk vs db long feud.

Chicago loves Heel CM Punk. They don't care.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You have to be CM Punk levels of delusional if you think the Radicalz treatment in WCW was better or anywhere similar to CM Punk's treatment in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's this about Mike Knox?

Melina.

"Oh, yeah, Batista fucked Melina and JoMo just let it happen."
"Damn that's pretty bad."
"Nah, I mean, that's Batista. He also sat back and let Mike Knox do it."
WHAT?!

Ripples everywhere, couldn't believe it.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
http://grantland.com/features/wwe-elimination-chamber-john-cena-randy-orton/ said:
After winning the Royal Rumble, Batista — semi-triumphant returnee from a half-assed career flexing in Hollywood — is set to main-event Mania. Except nobody really wants to see him do that. As it has done repeatedly over the course of Batista’s career, WWE mistook him for the Rock, while the rest of us mistook him for a Jersey Shore retread in a midlife crisis.

eIqZAz2.gif

Yo damn.

In other news, apparently there is a Battle of Infinite Sin Caras developing.

Striker

Difference there is Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn and Malenko weren't one of the top three stars of the company at the time. And weren't holding a world title for over a year. He was a baby about the situation that's all there is to it. If he was going to leave in July just stick out and go with it. It's not like they were asking him to job to Darren Young or Alexander Rusev.

XenoRaven

Sometimes I like to pretend we live in a magical dream world where we don't actually know why CM Punk left so it would be kind of stupid for smarks to sit back and judge him from their computer chairs.

Oh wait.

Sephzilla

Difference there is Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn and Malenko weren't one of the top three stars of the company at the time. And weren't holding a world title for over a year. He was a baby about the situation that's all there is to it. If he was going to leave in July just stick out and go with it. It's not like they were asking him to job to Darren Young or Alexander Rusev.

Weren't they all talents who felt like they were getting pushed down because of older guys trying to keep their spotlight?

We're also overlooking the whole "payouts for PPVs" issue

strobogo

Banned
Benoit was a top star and had just main evented a PPV and won the WCW Championship. Eddie had been one of the most over guys for 3 years, stuck in the mid card and having his push killed over and over like someone else you might know. it's not quite as ridiculous as it seems at first glance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I like to pretend we live in a magical dream world where we don't actually know why CM Punk left so it would be kind of stupid for smarks to sit back and judge him from their computer chairs.

Oh wait.
Kind of stupid how smarks are all about talking shit about wrestlers personal lives except when it's the internet fan fave then they suddenly want to respect their privacy and not judge them.

Oh wait.

Sephzilla

Benoit was a top star and had just main evented a PPV and won the WCW Championship. Eddie had been one of the most over guys for 3 years, stuck in the mid card and having his push killed over and over like someone else you might know. it's not quite as ridiculous as it seems at first glance.

Stro dropping knowledge

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Benoit's title 'reign' was an Owen Hart fake title reign. Benoit was pretty much the guy they tried to push once because Sullivan liked him and it didn't go over. Eddie never got a chance in WCW. CM Punk's last few years have been chance after chance.

CM Punk clealry had it so bad. They gave him The Rock, Brock, and Undertaker. Poor guy has been treated so bad in the last year or so.

I don't even want to think about what it would cost to license a Metallica song. The rumor was that WWE had to pay $1 million just for a one-time use of "Enter Sandman" on the PPV.

I wonder how much money WCW blew to use "Seek & Destroy" for Sting.

That rumor is ridiculous. Using a popular song in a commercial for a product, which is the most lucrative music license, (w/ usage: international/one-year) is rarely even half that. Movies command way less, even if it is essentially the theme song. (Sountrack not included-seperate deal) And TV even less than that, and that's with royalty terms for repeats/syndication scheduled. A one-time TV deal wouldn't be even close to that.

strobogo

Banned
Stro dropping knowledge

Also, they had tried to get a release months earlier, along with Kidman, Rey, Konnan, and Shane Douglas. They were denied and stuck around until January and then said fuck this shit, and instead of just benching them for the rest of their contracts, WCW let them go because they didn't think they would matter anyway. Same with Raven in 1999.

Shane and Konnan figured out that Vince wouldn't take them back and I'm not sure why Rey and Kidman changed their minds.

XenoRaven

Kind of stupid how smarks are all about talking shit about wrestlers personal lives except when it's the internet fan fave then they suddenly want to respect their privacy and not judge them.

Oh wait.
You got me. I sure do love talking shit about wrestlers' personal lives.

Hey guys, how about that John Cena character? He obviously wasn't a very good husband!

Sephzilla

Benoit's title 'reign' was an Owen Hart fake title reign. Benoit was pretty much the guy they tried to push once because Sullivan liked him and it didn't go over. Eddie never got a chance in WCW. CM Punk's last few years have been chance after chance.

CM Punk clealry had it so bad. They gave him The Rock, Brock, and Undertaker. Poor guy has been treated so bad in the last year or so.

>Gets himself over with the pipe bomb and gets put into a feud with HHH/Nash as a reward
>Gets a long title reign that's constantly overshadowed by other feuds
>Loses WWE title to a transitional champion who's only wrestled twice in the last year after returning from a 7 year hiatus

Punk's not had it bad, but lets not pretend that creative hasn't shit on him a bunch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You got me. I sure do love talking shit about wrestlers' personal lives.

Hey guys, how about that John Cena character? He obviously wasn't a very good husband!

Did I say you specifically? I just find it interesting how you've never said a word when people talk about other wrestlers doing stuff for money or only doing it to get themselves over.

But when we talk about CM Punk, suddenly we're smarks. And you made sure to throw in the judging from your computer chair line too for extra condescension.
>Gets himself over with the pipe bomb and gets put into a feud with HHH/Nash as a reward
>Gets a long title reign that's constantly overshadowed by other feuds
>Loses WWE title to a transitional champion who's only wrestled twice in the last year after returning from a 7 year hiatus

Punk's not had it bad, but lets not pretend that creative hasn't shit on him a bunch.

I am sure Dolph Ziggler would love to have a 434 day title reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom