• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next NJPW iPPVs are up for pre-order - seems we're only getting the NJ Cup final day;

NJPW, "42nd ANNIVERSARY SHOW", 2014.03.06
Ota Ward Gymnasium

19:00 JST | 11:00 EU | 10:00 UK | 05:00 EST | 03:00 PST

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

01. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
02. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Super Strong Machine vs El Desperado, BUSHI & Captain New Japan
04. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima), Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
06. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)
07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)
08. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP", 2014.03.23
Amagasaki Memorial Park Gymnasium

16:00 JST | 08:00 EU | 07:00 UK | 03:00 EST | 01:00 PST

. New Japan Cup Semis & Final

Definitely in for the anniversary show, that Tanahashi & Naito vs Nakamura & Ishii tag match should be awesome and I'm really hyped for Okada vs Ibushi. The NJ Cup finals will likely be fun, but I'll wait to see how it pans out before ordering. Hoping for Shibata vs Nakamura in the final.

Malvingt2

emma.gif

Network has been down since i got home. Fuckkkk. I've noticed chapters popping up on more PPV's though which is cool and the search selection is pretty damn good.

Is that Del rio rumore legit? because i can't believe they found a way to make the main event even worse than what it was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The next NJPW iPPVs are up for pre-order - seems we're only getting the NJ Cup final day;

NJPW, "42nd ANNIVERSARY SHOW", 2014.03.06
Ota Ward Gymnasium

19:00 JST | 11:00 EU | 10:00 UK | 05:00 EST | 03:00 PST

01. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
02. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Super Strong Machine vs El Desperado, BUSHI & Captain New Japan
04. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima), Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
06. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)
07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)
08. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP", 2014.03.23
Amagasaki Memorial Park Gymnasium

16:00 JST | 08:00 EU | 07:00 UK | 03:00 EST | 01:00 PST

. New Japan Cup Semis & Final

Definitely in for the anniversary show, that Tanahashi & Naito vs Nakamura & Ishii tag match should be awesome and I'm really hyped for Okada vs Ibushi. The NJ Cup finals will likely be fun, but I'll wait to see how it pans out before ordering. Hoping for Shibata vs Nakamura in the final.

Kinda mild on the 42nd Anniv show. I feel like I've seen Okada and Ibushi a LOT lately. I'm sure it won't suck by any degree though. I dunno.

I feel the NJ Cup has more promise, but...I dunno. AAAAAH I dunno.

XenoRaven

All good man. I'll be less of a dick next time I want to make a point.

Well Sunny quoted me before I edited so there's that for you to read. Just know that I tried to remove it after I saw your previous post.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry Xeno.

I don't like being angry. Bygones and all that.

ipqMTP88xa0m2.gif

touched my heart Dragonzord. You truly are a worthy member of WrassleGAF.

Well then I apologize for posting like a dick.

And I am not trying to start shit with you, but I feel like I've seen more condescending posts from you than virtually any other regular member of this community. I find it strange that you're so concerned about how I post.

NOW ITS TIME FOR A BACKSTAGE BOILER ROOM BRAWL GODDAMMIT
ibomFxU73MKna6.gif

Bootaaay, if you could have one home-grown WWE guy wrestle anybody in NJPW or the other puro feds in what would hopefully be a MotY candidate, who would it be?

Kaladin

The Network is driving ratings more than I would have expected. I'm anxious to see what next month's OT post count looks like.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay, if you could have one home-grown WWE guy wrestle anybody in NJPW or the other puro feds in what would hopefully be a MotY candidate, who would it be?

BATISTA VS SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

I am not Bootaaay

But the temptation for Cena/Tanahashi...that's some WORLDS COLLIDING shit.

Dry-ass Lance Storm trained two of the most personality-filled characters in NXT.

and yo, I was thinking about that NJPW/WWE thing, and limiting it to homegrown WWE guys is tougher than i thought. Orton and Brock are their best, aren't they?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CM Punk had every chance in the world from the pipebomb on. He had great matches with everyone at the top of the company and he had a good run of it. He's clearly been tired since Summerslam though and this break will do him some good.

A certain amount of it is jealousy of how Bryan got over in a way he never could but I'd say most of it was from going so long and so hard without a serious break.

strobogo

Banned
Dry-ass Lance Storm trained two of the most personality-filled characters in NXT.

and yo, I was thinking about that NJPW/WWE thing, and limiting it to homegrown WWE guys is tougher than i thought. Orton and Brock are their best, aren't they?

Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, Ziggler.

Miz.

Homegrown makes it a bit more difficult - Cody Rhodes strikes me as a guy who is a student of wrestling, in spite of never having wrestling outside of the WWE system, so I think he could adapt fairly well to working the Japanese style. I have an idea that Cody vs Nakamura would be a lot of fun, but MotY? I don't know. Vince's suggestion of Cena vs Tanahashi could possibly fit the bill, for the spectacle of it alone, but I'm struggling to imagine what that match would actually look like.

Also, not an New Japan guy currently and probably not a potential MotY contender, but I'd also like to see Osamu Nishimura vs Jack Swagger - Nish is one of the greatest technical wrestlers in Japan, while Swagger is an accomplished amateur wrestler, plus, Nish works amazingly well working from under a bigger opponent and Swagger throwing him about the ring would be a lot of fun. I'm certain this one would be awesome.

Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, Ziggler.

Miz.
I wasn't thinking about this question hard enough. Although I can't think of a particular dream match involving Cody/Ziggs + any NJPW guy. though there are a lot of good ones. Oh yeah, Sheamus counts enough. Him vs. any big guy would be an awesome brawl. His matches are already two guys just clubbing the shit out of each other, but the next level version of that would be rad.

wait, shit, no, he had a bunch of random euro indie stuff. huh, he's older than i thought.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who could Sheamus match well with in NJPW? Ishii? That'd kinda be something I feel like I'd seen before though. Hmmmmm....

Ithil

CM Punk had every chance in the world from the pipebomb on. He had great matches with everyone at the top of the company and he had a good run of it. He's clearly been tired since Summerslam though and this break will do him some good.

A certain amount of it is jealousy of how Bryan got over in a way he never could but I'd say most of it was from going so long and so hard without a serious break.

Thank you professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom