• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnby

Two things

1) WWE Network needs 1 million subscribers just to break even. Can they do it?

2) Should we request a WWE Network OT in OT Community? I think we would benefit from a separate thread where we can talk about whatever is on the air at the moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two things

1) WWE Network needs 1 million subscribers just to break even. Can it do it?

2) Should we request a WWE Network OT in OT Community? I think we would benefit from a separate thread where we can talk about whatever is on the air at the moment.

After all the connectivity issues and general impressions are done, we'll have a Network Recommendations thread ala Netflix.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The network is so good when it works. But man when it doesn't it's so heartbreaking.

The Live feed works 99.999 percent of the time though.

somedevil

Well whoever said Batista was going on smackdown to become a babyface was wrong. From someone there he basically
went heel cutting a promo on the fans, Bryan and saying he will destroy all the fans heroes. Then Ziggler came out cut a promo on Batista to set up a match

Also the Cesaro push continues.

Two things

1) WWE Network needs 1 million subscribers just to break even. Can they do it?

1): What's the source on that one? If I had to ballpark, I'd say it's at like 400-500k right now. If/When the VOD solidifies by Mania, they'll hit it by then.

I think their end goal was 2-3 million subscribers.

2) FUUUUUUUUCK NO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well whoever said Batista was going on smackdown to become a babyface was wrong. From someone there he basically
went heel cutting a promo on the fans, Bryan and saying he will destroy all the fans heroes. Then Ziggler came out cut a promo on Batista to set up a match

Also the Cesaro push continues.

TASTY

WELCOME HOME BATS

Carnby

1): What's the source on that one? If I had to ballpark, I'd say it's at like 400-500k right now. If/When the VOD solidifies by Mania, they'll hit it by then.

I think their end goal was 2-3 million subscribers.

2) FUUUUUUUUCK NO

This...

David Bixenspan and Chris "Mookie" Harrington, who regularly publishes in-depth WWE statistics, has an interesting look at WWE Network sign-up estimations from launch day at this link.
From 8am until 4pm EST, WWE was including order numbers with their confirmation e-mails. Based on these sequential numbers that were collected from fans on social media, Harrington estimates that between 8am and 4pm EST, there were more than 130,000 sign-ups. Some time just after 4pm, WWE stopped putting the numbers in the e-mails. There's no way to estimate how evening traffic and RAW boosted sign-ups.

Harrington notes that if we pretend there was no change in order momentum after 4pm EST, the data could suggest that day one of the Network ended with a little over 251,000 sign-ups, plus however many signed up before 8:15am EST. The data could also suggest 439,186 sign-ups but Harrington believes that's being way too generous.

Harrington's educated guess was that the Network did between 250,000 and 350,000 sign-ups on day one. As we've noted before, WWE revealed that they need 1 million subscribers to break even.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-the-wwe-network-brought/#QgW2lTd1RjWUHq7O.99

somedevil

TASTY

WELCOME HOME BATS

More Detailed:

Batista started out the show with mixed boos and cheers. Batista started off by saying "I love this business and company." He said he did not come back to be liked. A huge C.M. Punk chant broke out. He said you don't have to support him, but you gotta deal with it. He said it's a fact he can destroy anyone they put in front of him. A small Daniel Bryan chant started and died quickly.

Batista asked what the hell happened to this business, the real men, the attitude. A huge Yes! chant broke out. He said if the fans honestly think their heroes are as good as him they need to get out of their fantasy world and to get out of his. He said he would destroy each of our heroes on hisOut came Dolph Ziggler. A "Let's Go Ziggler" chant broke out. Ziggler started out by saying, "You don't tell these people who to cheer for" and that they cheer for who they want. He said Batista is a dinosaur and sooner or later they become extinct. Ziggler said he wants a match with Batista tonight. Batista said he wanted it he would get it. Ziggler dropkicked him and walked away...
way to WrestleMania where he will become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Also, he dressing again like its 2011:

BhXdap4CMAA2LxQ.jpg

Why would you have Batista do that on fucking Smackdown? Save that for next week for Raw in Chicago where he would get nuclear heat. It's mind boggling how WWE loves to fuck shit up

UberTag

Like I said earlier,
Orton's going to be the de facto face in that feud.

Why would you have Batista do that on fucking Smackdown? Save that for next week for Raw in Chicago where he would get nuclear heat. It's mind boggling how WWE loves to fuck shit up
Is it really so mind boggling at this point? Really? REALLY?
I mean, c'mon. It would be more mind boggling if they DIDN'T fuck shit up.

Think about it. There's a situation where they booked themselves into such a corner where at least one of Orton, Bryan, and Bray will lose and piss off everybody in attendance, and there's a good chance all of it happens.

This is the funniest of possible outcomes. I'm so happy Punk escaped when he could.

GQman2121

Banned
How many women do they have on the payroll? It seems like an awful lot. What do they do?

Looking at the Wrestlemania Rewind reminded me that Vince is a fucking promoting genius. It's incredible.

....who is still using that same 85' logic to run and book his business today.

Added you all on Hearthstone. PREPARE TO BARFSTONE

I still believe they're dumb enough to run it with Orton as the de facto face.

They're putting a face in there. That face is Bryan. Those emergency meetings? Dollars to donuts, they were to find a way to put him in the main. They merged his HHH match with the main, bank on it.

Nobody watches Smackdown. Good test run.

Exageration but makes sense.

This is true. They can control the reaction, and the reaction they want is heel heat. Nice setup for Chicago RAW where they will LYNCH him

What do the people who think Bryan's getting in the main event think will happen?

If you honestly think Bryan's beating HHH and Batista on the same night at Mania, Charles Manson is saner than you.

Sokantish

What do the people who think Bryan's getting in the main event think will happen?

If you honestly think Bryan's beating HHH and Batista on the same night at Mania, Charles Manson is saner than you.

That's totally what's happening. Then he's gonna be like Kane and intrerrupt every match for the rest of the night and knock the wrestlers out

strobogo

Banned
I'm amazed it has taken so long for main stream WWE to understand that it is easier to turn a guy heel when fans won't accept him as a face. NXT should have proven that already. They should have called an audible the Raw after Rumble and had Bateaster full Broteaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom