• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboo001

Banned
I read somewhere the network works without pvn shenanigans for those outside of US. One only needs to lie on the registration form.

Is it confirmed?

Doesn't work anymore. It (still?) does take a fake US address and paypal but you do need a service like unblock us to view anything.

I watched the two most recent WCW PPVs they have on the network and man, I feel for the people who actually paid money and attended those shows or watched it at home. It's such a damn trainwreck.

That guy Scott Hudson absolutely stinks.

Toki767

If they ever do give D. Bry a run I wonder if he can handle all the media in promotion. I'm thinking no pun intended, yes.

He always seems to be happy and smiling in all interviews. Some guys just can't handle it.

Now Punk had to handle that for a full year, so that was impressive. I wonder if he was happy about it though. "I'm champ, but now I gotta do all this B.S." type of deal.

Hell that's partly why MIZ got a shot because he could handle it.

Anyhow, just thoughts.

Apparently after last night's Smackdown tapings, fans spotted Bryan at a hotel or something and they all wanted his autograph so he just asked everyone to get in a line and signed autographs for everyone there.

He can easily handle a bunch of media appearances and be an actual face of the company. He just doesn't have the look Vince likes.

Viscera's wife went nuts on Facebook, calling out WWE for not doing anything to pay tribute to him and TMZ for making up false information.

WWE HAS NOT EVEN GAVE THEIR CONDOLENCES, NELSON DONT DESERVE WHAT THEIR SAYING ABOUT HIM ON GOOGLE, IM SICK OF IT AND IM READY TO TELL EVERY THING I KNOW ABOUT THAT LOOSER ASS COMPANY, IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN THEY R THE REASON MY HUSBAND IS GONE AND A LOT OF OTHERS, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WRESTLERS ,JUST MAKING MONEY FROM THEM, I C WHERE THERE IS BEING A LOT OF SHIT SAID THATS NOT TRUE, PEOPLE R SAYING THEY HAVE BEEN INTERVIEWING ME AND SAYING I SAID THIS AND THAT ITS A LIE, I WILL DEFEND MY HUSBAND , NO MATTER WHAT, THERES A LOT OF THINGS ABOUT WWE THAT U FANS DONT KNOW AND NOT AWARE OF, WELL I KNOW AND IF U KNEW U WOULD NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN, THEY SUCK TIMES 1000, VERY EVIL AND COULD CARE LESS IF ONE OF THEM DIES, IM HIGHLY PISSED , ALSO LEAVE BOBBY HORNE ALONE, HE LOVED NELSON AND HAS DONE NOTHING BUT HELP ME, WHEN HE IS SICK HIS SELF ,HES NOT SCAMMING ANYONE ONE HE LOVED HIS BROTHER, IF U DONT HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT HIM, DELETE YOUR SELF FROM MY PAGE BECAUSE WITHOUT HIM I COULNT HAVE DID THIS ALONE, SO MANY DIFFERENT STORIES R BEING TOLD , AND WITH OUT TALKING TO ME HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW, TMZ SAID THEY DID AN INTERVIEW WITH ME AN THEY LIED , I DIDNT TALK TO ANYONE FROM TMZ AND THEY JUST MADE UP A STORY AND LIED, IM SICK OF PEOPLE LYING AND MAKING UP THEIR OWN STORIES,I LOVE U GUYS BUT DONT BELIEVE EVERY THING U HEAR, NELSON WAS A GOOD MAN AND BOBBY IS ALSO, I TRULY HAVE HAD VERY KIND PEOPLE THAT R GOOD AND NOT MAKING UP LIES, BUT FOR MORE INFO GO TO WWE FAN PAGE AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS, I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, AND IM VERY ANGRY WITH PEOPLE MAKING UP STORIES ,LET MY HUSBAND REST IN PIECE, AND LEAVE BOBBY HORNE ALONE ,HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HELPFUL TO ME! I LOVE U GUYS BUT IM REALLY HURT WHEN I GO TO THESE WEBSITES AND C TOTALLY BULLSHIT STORIES THAT R JUST BEING MADE UP. THANK U SINCERLY TO THE ONES WHO REALLY LOVED MY HUSBAND AND TRULY CARES, TO THE REST, ESPECIALLY VINCE MCMAHON IM GONNA START TELLING EVERYTHING I KNOW. MUCH LOVE!

This is one of the most stupid "spots" in wrestling history. I really hate some "indie fans" that shit on the WWE product but at the same time celebrates this kind of crap.

Hi! Who are you talking about? There is literally no person like this.

EDIT: Heh, "Looser ass company"

strobogo

Banned
ibagQ6QZIjgShc.gif

igtR4ZCDOJUd4.gif

I really dislike those kind of spots in general. From any company. I can't suspend my disbelief for stuff like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Viscera's wife went nuts on Facebook, calling out WWE for not doing anything to pay tribute to him and TMZ for making up false information.

This is pretty surprising considering Viscera was a huge company man to the very end. He didn't say a single bad thing about WWE in his shoot.

Rapstah

Did Stevie Richards write this part of his Wikipedia page himself?
In 2011, Manna pitched a perfect game in the MLB 2K11 video game. A promotional contest offered a million dollars to the first person to accomplish this, but because Manna did so before the contest officially started, he did not win the money.[68]

jmdajr

Apparently after last night's Smackdown tapings, fans spotted Bryan at a hotel or something and they all wanted his autograph so he just asked everyone to get in a line and signed autographs for everyone there.

He can easily handle a bunch of media appearances and be an actual face of the company. He just doesn't have the look Vince likes.

He should take Brie everywhere with him.

chunk3rvd

Just watching the Renegades & Outlaws LoW roundtable and Hayes seems a little salty that the Freebird's still aren't in the Hall of Fame. I guess they'll maybe put Taker and the Freebirds in at WM32 if it takes place in Texas. That made me think though - would they put the Von Erich's in alongside them? They arguably deserve it but it's not exactly an uplifting tale for the Hall of Fame show :/

jmdajr

God damn. It's one of those things where the WWE isn't forcing anyone to take drugs and live hard, but at the same time brutal works schedule and no medical insurance I assume.

Did Stevie Richards write this part of his Wikipedia page himself?

Stevie also likely edited the game settings and made all the players on the other team shitty to do it.

That's why you had to do it through the official thing in the game that wasn't available until the actual MLB season started. You couldn't fuck with the settings there.

God damn. It's one of those things where the WWE isn't forcing anyone to take drugs and live hard, but at the same time brutal works schedule and no medical insurance I assume.

There's no insurance, but Vince does take care of anything that happens to anybody.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE needs to find a better rehab program. How many wrestlers have they successfully turned off drugs that grew addicted? I mean, Hall and Roberts had to go to DDP after years of Vince sending them to a rehab that didn't do shit. X-Pac had to get himself off drugs.

Sblargh

Banned
Doesn't work anymore. It (still?) does take a fake US address and paypal but you do need a service like unblock us to view anything.

Oh well. Thanks for the info. I use a chrome thingie to get into US netflix, should work for the WWE Network, too.

If they ever do give D. Bry a run I wonder if he can handle all the media in promotion. I'm thinking no pun intended, yes.

He always seems to be happy and smiling in all interviews. Some guys just can't handle it.

Now Punk had to handle that for a full year, so that was impressive. I wonder if he was happy about it though. "I'm champ, but now I gotta do all this B.S." type of deal.

Hell that's partly why MIZ got a shot because he could handle it.

Anyhow, just thoughts.

I think you are right from a stress/pressure point of view. The notion that he looks too weird to be the face is also very strange, one of his appeals is really how he naturally smiles; for all the talk about loving the busisness, he always seems genuinely motivated and happy to be there doing his thing.

I'm watching some interviews with him on youtube and... he is better at interviews than doing promos. :p

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE needs to find a better rehab program. How many wrestlers have they successfully turned off drugs that grew addicted? I mean, Hall and Roberts had to go to DDP after years of Vince sending them to a rehab that didn't do shit. X-Pac had to get himself off drugs.
Didn't people that went there say that WWE gets the best rehab they can? They spend like half a million on Hall or something.

If an addict doesn't really want to quit, no amount of rehab is gonna be able to help them.

I think a lot of it has to do with how the rehab industry works and how wrestling culture works, wrestlers seems extremely insular, the drug use isn't the same within it as other drug lifestyles, and the rehab industry sort of only offers a handful of specific systems that don't necessarily identify the needs of each individual user. If they wanted a dedicated wrestler rehab program then they almost need to bring a guy like DDP onboard to set up their own program.

Didn't people that went there say that WWE gets the best rehab they can? They spend like half a million on Hall or something.

If an addict doesn't really want to quit, no amount of rehab is gonna be able to help them.

While it's true that you need to "want" to quit, the rehab industry generally doesn't give a fuck about individual cases. They find a model for success which works for most people then sell it as widely as possible, as long as they have a relatively good rate of recover (or very good PR) then there is no incentive to actual make every single person better - just to keep selling them the service.

No rehab's gonna work if you're head's not 100% in it. I'm sure these rehab places can't replicate the kind of personal encouragement DDP can provide for those guys, and that's not a slight on the rehab places at all.

jmdajr

Pretty much man.

As for Viscera, these days WWE clearly doesn't support Overly Obese wrestlers. Even Fuckasaurus lost weight. It's not good man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No rehab's gonna work if you're head's not 100% in it. I'm sure these rehab places can't replicate the kind of personal encouragement DDP can provide for those guys, and that's not a slight on the rehab places at all.

But that's what I'm saying. They need former wrestler guys to help the rehab clinics. I'm sure multiple times Jake's head was 100% in it. I mean, Hall had his son. I have a hard time believing they weren't 100% about doing it. It's just that the rehab has to keep convincing them it's worth sticking with while they're there. And a guy like DDP works because he's one of their old co-workers.

I wanna say before X-Pac got clean he had a shoot where he mentioned that the rehab was a bunch of bullshit from people who don't care if you get better or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watch his match with Dean Malenko where he wins the title for the first time.

And Zbysko constantly puts over Malenko. This one. It was also from the first Nitro right after Hogan turned.

Striker

They keep pimping Black History Month and didn't find time in their three hour program just to say Rest in Peace. It takes five seconds.

Falls under the false pretense of their wellness tests and their Be A Star program.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So is NXT live from now on? Did they stop taping it? Or is just the "2 hour live special" live?

NXT ArRival is a "PPV". It's a 2 hour event that will be aired live on the network. NXT will still be a taped 1 hour show with new episodes airing on the network. It is undetermined if there will be more, but I guess that all depends on how ArRival does. ArRival will be split up and air in two segments for those who can't get the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom