• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurudyne

I just can't believe they'd give Steen the time of day when they cut Chris Hero for being skinny fat.

I think they fired Hero for being fat after telling him point blank to work out for the show. Less the physique than the lack of work ethic.

So what's going on with the indie gifs? The indie community panicking cause they're not getting attention?
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

You. I watch Twitch from time to time and people spam that guy's head in the chat. What the hell does it mean? What the hell do any of those heads mean?

Striker

Wow we gotten to the point of Triple H hate that we don't call him a star now? He was no Rock or Stone Cold but was the 3rd biggest star of the attitude era.
He only described a person knowing guys to get where he is and getting the opportunities he did. And knowing guys like Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, and then getting cozy with the bosses daughter obviously helped. FWIW, the Outlaws were mega popular in that time.

As for the third biggest? Foley. Hunter was more popular when he returned from his quad injury in early 2002.

KissVibes

Banned
I just can't believe they'd give Steen the time of day when they cut Chris Hero for being skinny fat.

Maybe the chance to work with Sami Zayn again will give him to motivation to finally hit the gym?

Steen has always been a bigger guy, and it's not like his look doesn't fit well with a singlet. If he has the drive to get into shape and sport a Mark style singlet, that may be enough to get him signed. He's a good talent and would be worth signing.

Hero was just lazy going by reports and that's why he was cut. When he tried to pull a Rey and cover that shit up he looked even more embarrassing. He may get resigned one day if he can pull it together.

Sabucin

Some news:

There is NO WAY that Roderick Strong could make it in WWE. Man, he is probably the worst promo guy EVER, also his size/look doesn't belong at what they WWE wants so... good luck.
However, Kevin Steen could do it very well if he works more in his shape.

G-Fex

Perfect avatar/post combo, so I'll spare you from a swift kick to the external occipital protuberance.

Indie wrestling rarely gets any attention here unless it's of the "lol, indie wrestling" variety.
Odd I always thought it was the opposite, I though everyone here loved indies and japan.
You. I watch Twitch from time to time and people spam that guy's head in the chat. What the hell does it mean? What the hell do any of those heads mean?
it's like a troll face

Maybe the chance to work with Sami Zayn again will give him to motivation to finally hit the gym?
I can't believe they cut Chris Hero when they had CM Punk, the skinniest fatass I know of. Guy was allergic to the gym

Showaddy

Steen has always been a bigger guy, and it's not like his look doesn't fit well with a singlet. If he has the drive to get into shape and sport a Mark style singlet, that may be enough to get him signed. He's a good talent and would be worth signing.

Hero was just lazy going by reports and that's why he was cut. When he tried to pull a Rey and cover that shit up he looked even more embarrassing. He may get resigned one day if he can pull it together.

Oh yeah no doubt the fact Hero ignored the trainers instructions and never bothered to work out were just as big a factor in his release than the fact he had a flabby waist.

Steen's no doubt a great talent but he's consistently not given a fuck about his weight, sometimes to the detriment of his health and wrestling ability, or his all round look. I just hope he know's what the WWE want and gives himself a decent chance by not turning up overweight and unshaven.

XShagrath

ArRIVAL is a regular episode, it just airs live.
I don't think this is the case. When we got tickets for it yesterday, they also tried to sell us tickets for the taping that's happening on Friday.

I think Thursday is *just* Arrival, and then Friday is going to be the normal 4-ep taping.

I wonder what the delay will be for Main Event replays on the Network? They had last weeks episode up on Monday morning, so it can't be more than a few days.

strobogo

Banned
So I just boned a 38 year old mom. She's maybe a 5/10, but I'm not an asshole that thinks I'm too good for a 5/10 like someone we know. And now, back to NWA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is Sandman/Hak the only wrestler to go more or less straight from ECW (i.e. not a stop over betweeen WWF/WCW) who became a better wrestler for leaving ECW?

G-Fex

So I just boned a 38 year old mom. She's maybe a 5/10, but I'm not an asshole that thinks I'm too good for a 5/10 like someone we know. And now, back to NWA.

Stro you are a weasel

Also how can a match between surfer Sting and Sid Vicious be so dull?

Pavaloo

do it! this is our only chance to watch some NJPW.

I HOPE BOTH SHOWS ARE GREAT!

*HANDSHAKES*

if only it were so easy! NYC is super easy to get to from T-Dot too, and I sure as hell want to make that WrassleGAF meet up.

but in the face of unbeatable odds, ass-busting has commenced

*HANDSHAKE*
like a fine wine

somedevil

The final Buy rates are in for Summerslam, Money in the Bank and Night of Champions:

MITB - from 195,000 buys to 223,000 Buys(up from 2011 - 205,000 & 2012 - 206,000)

SummerSlam - from 296,000 Buys to 332,000 Buys (down from 392,000 in 2012 and up from 311,000 in 2011)

NOC - from 175,000 buys to 196,000 Buys (down from 207,000 in 2012)

Daniel Bryan has been vindicated. Also RVD brings the buyrate for his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom