• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Xbox 360 League Sign-Up/Interest Thread

Update 2/29
Awesome Animals said:
Alright, 5:00 p.m. EST, 10:00 p.m. GMT will be the close of the sign-up window, Draft order will be PMd to all of the participants then!
I will be using www.draftpicklottery.com to determine the draft order.

Update 2/28
Well, because of the amount interested, we should have enough to do pretty much any league.

So far, leagues which have been mentioned:

Championship
Liga Adelante (Spanish 2nd Division)
2. Bundeliga
nPower League 1
Airtricity League
Liga de Brasil
MLS

Please suggest any other leagues you think are worth considering, or show support for one of the leagues already suggested!

Alright, FootyGAF has been discussing the formation of an Xbox 360 league. There has been quite a few interested parties within that thread, and I know there are probably a few non-FootyGAF members who would be interested in participating.

This thread is designed to figure out how many people would be willing to commit to such a league, and to discuss the league format/ which league we should focus on. If we can get sixteen players then we can do the Euros!

Sign-up in this thread using the format of:

NeoGAF Username :: Xbox 360 Gamertag::Time Zone
We are up to 14 players. At 16 we will stop accepting more, and you will be put on a wait list.
Code:
Awesome Animals :: Awesome Animals:: EST (GMT -5)
Slizz :: DemKillerCANES :: EST (GMT -5)
Fintan :: xWinterSoldierx :: GMT
DodgeAnon :: DodgeAnon :: GMT
Willkiller :: Willkiller07 :: GMT
Messi :: proofplaya ::  GMT
elsk :: Sikaffy :: CST (GMT -6)
Shogun PaiN :: Shogun PaiN :: GMT
Rikkun :: RickyITA :: GMT +1 
McNei1y :: McNei1y :: EST (GMT -5 )
ATF487 :: ATF360 :: EST (GMT-5)
mshlive :: Expozee :: GMT
Gibbo :: Tanbrother :: SST (GMT +8)
DaNcaKe :: dancakeeeee :: GMT

We will be deciding the league format and teams after we know how many are interested!

FAQ

What sort of times would be looking to do this?
Well, we have plenty of people from Europe and the Americas, so times would be fairly flexible. We generally will set up a few games and give the players a week to finish them.

elsk

Banned
elsk :: Sikaffy :: CST (GMT -6)

I'm in for Champions League or any kind of league outside the National Teams.

It may just be paranoia, but the last time MLS was done was during FIFA 10, right? My only worry is that since then LA and NY have gotten huge player boosts compared to some of the other teams. It may not matter, but is still a concern of mine. I also don't follow the MLS that closely, so I could be very wrong.

Slizz

It may just be paranoia, but the last time MLS was done was during FIFA 10, right? My only worry is that since then LA and NY have gotten huge player boosts compared to some of the other teams. It may not matter, but is still a concern of mine. I also don't follow the MLS that closely, so I could be very wrong.

I think it was FIFA 10.... Maybe Mexican league? Don't think we've ever done that and all the teams are pretty balanced.

I think it was FIFA 10.... Maybe Mexican league? Don't think we've ever done that and all the teams are pretty balanced.

Like I said, I'm down for anything, just voicing a concern. Personally, I'm voting for nPower League 2

In seriousness, I think K-League would be fun.

Slizz

Like I said, I'm down for anything, just voicing a concern. Personally, I'm voting for nPower League 2

In seriousness, I think K-League would be fun.

Against lol. Have you used the K-League? It isn't fun. It's more frustrating than playing the same 5* teams over and over. 3* minimum I'd say.

Rikkun

Why not, lucky the one who'll be chosen to play against me.

Rikkun - RickyITA - GMT +1

EDIT: just noticed it's a league.. even better, you'll all be lucky :D

McNei1y

McNei1y -- McNei1y -- EST (GMT -5 )

At least I have some interest. Let me know what the ruels are! I love this game too much.

DaNcaKe

DaNcaKe :: dancakeeeee :: GMT

Not particularly bothered which league is used. I think the Championship could be a decent one.

Well, because of the amount interested, we should have enough to do pretty much any league.

So far, leagues which have been mentioned:

Championship
Liga Adelante (Spanish 2nd Division)
2. Bundeliga
nPower League 1
Airtricity League
Liga de Brasil
MLS

Please suggest any other leagues you think are worth considering, or show support for one of the leagues already suggested!

Slizz

Should we choose a team and keep using that for the entire league?

Yea just like in real life. 3 pts a win, 1 pt a draw, no extra time, GF and GA recorded.

Dunno if we are going to do a round robin playoff at the end or a normal pt tally to decide winner.

I know we're just gaining interest but how would team selection be done?

Random generator I'm assuming. Put all the usernames in and it spits out a list.

McNei1y

Pretty sure its this Championship and not the actual Champion's league.

Please don't leave cause of that though, its not set in stone yet.

Oh, doh! My mistake. I read Champions league. I'm still game though.

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject of football but I play a mean FIFA (at least I like to think I do). I've actually gained an interest from playing it as well so I'm always willing to try new things.

:(

I just tried Leeds online and I got from 0-4 to 4-4, not that bad.

Elsk and I played a match with Championship sides, I forgot that they have Fabian Delph in that squad. They're pretty good actually, I thought.

Also, how much longer would everyone like to keep signups open for? I don't see the need to keep it open much longer, but if we want to hold out, we can. Also, it seems that the Championship is the favored league choice, so if you have any strong objections to that, please post!

Slizz

Elsk and I played a match with Championship sides, I forgot that they have Fabian Delph in that squad. They're pretty good actually, I thought.

Also, how much longer would everyone like to keep signups open for? I don't see the need to keep it open much longer, but if we want to hold out, we can. Also, it seems that the Championship is the favored league choice, so if you have any strong objections to that, please post!

I dunno give it till the end of the day I guess, 14 is a good amount as of now. Don't want people losing interest by prolonging sign-up's.

Also Championship is fine I couldn't careless, get a draft order so we can start picking tomorrow.

Top Bottom