• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerozz

LeadGandalf said:
18.bild.gif

Oh wow.

Quoted from the best paper in the world.

Oozer3993

Bob Bradley needs to show this game to his defense. Japan put on a clinic. I didn't think it was possible to keep Germany from scoring.

K.Jack said:
How in the fuck does one not play Fatmire Bajramaj?

I have no idea. That second substitution was mystifying. A defensive midfielder when you badly need a goal?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Oozer3993 said:
Bob Bradley needs to show this game to his defense. Japan put on a clinic. I didn't think it was possible to keep Germany from scoring.

I have no idea. That second substitution was mystifying. A defensive midfielder when you badly need a goal?
Bradley? How the fuck does one not play Edson Buddle?

Milchjon

Brobzoid said:
With my one year of learning german I believe the pun is;

fraus = ladies

raus = leave/(go) out

You got the gist of it, although the correct plural would be "Frauen". Therefore, the pun sounds extremely forced and stupid. BILD should hire Dookake.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Milchjon said:
You got the gist of it, although the correct plural would be "Frauen". Therefore, the pun sounds extremely forced and stupid. BILD should hire Dookake.
well, it wouldn't be a tabloid pun if it was good.

Japan can go fornicate itself with an iron stick.

No actually I'm happy for them given all the strife in their country, but don't like seeing the mother country losing.

Well, the Japanese were better. Better to loose against them, as to loose against highnosed assholes like Brazil.
I'm rooting for Japan and the US, now.

Mohonky

Its a pity, our midfield and attack seems more solid today than previously, but christ almighty our defence is shithouse. I new today would come down to defence after the clusterfuck that was our first 3 gams and hell we still nearly gave sweden a free goal earlier.

The girls arent out but they definitely need to score next.

Mohonky

Brobzoid said:
yup. sweden asleep a the wheel.

2 goals is always the dangerous point. Enough for players to mentally think they have done enough, but if the opposition get the next goal, it always kicks some life back into them and you find yourself on the back foot and then players get edgy. Unfortunately this half time will give them time to settle.

Havent ruled the aussies out yet, they have put together some good plays, but their back line up conyinues to scare me.

Salazar

Mohonky said:
2 goals is always the dangerous point.

Careful. We're on the brink of David Pleatisms.

"You wonder if scoring so early might not be the worst thing Everton could have done".

Mohonky

Salazar said:
Careful. We're on the brink of David Pleatisms.

"You wonder if scoring so early might not be the worst thing Everton could have done".

Thoght the 2 goal buffer lapse was well known...

Salazar

Mohonky said:
Thoght the 2 goal buffer lapse was well known...

I agree with you.

But there is a slightly painful tendency in commentary to emphasise the "dangerous" side to advantages. Like playing 11 against 10. Or scoring early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom