• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
surprised to see some JP hype for MKX on twitter. Is the game even coming out over there? must be importing

hitsugi

Just reading Angelic's post on FB about his hands and holy shit it sounds bad.

https://www.facebook.com/AZAngelic/posts/10153680760578238

Please take good care of your hands peeps I found hand exercises to be really good it also helps you warm up your hand muscles before you start playing and you'll notice you actually perform better.

It's nothing to fuck around with. Fortunately, more and more things are being developed to help exercise people's hands in particular and it can even help toward rehabbing.

Please take good care of your hands peeps I found hand exercises to be really good it also helps you warm up your hand muscles before you start playing and you'll notice you actually perform better.
I remember when I first starting learning how to piano buttons with Honda.. Hands were killing me gaddamn

It seems the Q&A section of the presentation is borked but there was one dumbfuck who was arguing that the way Arc did their artstyle wouldn't work at all into an open world RPG, and Motomura replied "yeah... good thing we knew we were making a fighting game!"

dude probabaly just really wanted to make an open world rpg with Xrd's art style :(

correct me if i'm wrong but daigo has never beaten poongko in a tournament before (evo 2011 blowup, lg korean tournament and cpt asia finals).

Daigo beat Poongko at Topanga Asia League, but yeah most of the time Poongko beats Daigo in tournament play.

Also no begging about how to watch the Topanga stream or linking how to do it.
aww shit ;_;

its honestly creepy lol, which is why i dont watch streams that have it. i would put it on mute but it takes away from the experience imo

The robot voice is there so the streamer can know what chat is saying without having to constantly look back towards chat.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Cardcaptors was my shit.

I regret nothing. #animeexceptions

Mah man Enzo.

This is why I only play fighting games once or twice a week. Playing Wolverine messes with my hands when I have mash real hard for berserker barrage and OS grabs even though my hands are in great condition, which is why I've picked a B team so my hands don't die out on me when I just wanna have fun. Those hand cramps are annoying and if you continue on without taking care of your hands, you'll eventually get tremors like I did a couple years ago. That's when I knew I had to stop playing +6 hours a day without rest like an idiot. Really hope Angelic gets better and starts taking care of himself.

Man I need to really find a local smash scene... But I'm pretty lazy.

dont you live in NY? theres a bunch in every borough lol. if you're really having trouble and dont live at NY, go to smashboards or r/smashbros and pretty much ask if there is anyone with a scene in your area.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
what about melee?

You have the gods Mew2King, Mang0, HungryBox, PPMD and Armada. They are pretty much the best right now in Melee. Then you have Lucky and I forget that really good fox player's name... Edit: I think its Hax.

Then the god killer Leffen. Those are pretty much the big names but its Mang0 (imo) since he's won EVO twice in a row.

is Japan better than America in smash bros?

Smash competitive scene isn't that big in Japan compared to other fighters, but the reason for that is because the competitive scene gets a big boost from arcades, which Smash doesn't have. There are a lot of arcade only players. That's part of the reason why Marvel and SFxT didn't take off.

I think SFV is probably one of the only games that can survive without the arcades, but that's only because the scene has a big enough reputation in Japan as well as famous players. Still, an arcade release is important to not only get a bigger competitive player base, but to also level the scene up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tokido translating for Smug is the funniest thing. Daigo is like I don't have time for this I have to eat somewhere.

This is the first time I'veheard about SD Showdown. I live in the South Bay Area so being in SF from 6-12 is not feasible for me, especially because I have work the next morning *_*

Need to find some local(er) scenes. Or just continue to be a scrub online.

smurfx

get some go again
It must be demoralizing having your fellow countrymen poking fun at you after your loss while you are competing in a foreign country where the odds are highly not in your favor.
at least the japanese audience isn't chanting JAPAN after the american loses.

pixelish

after watching some of the topanga matches from yesterday again, i like the ft5 format much more than the typical ft7 topanga sets. there's a greater sense of urgency between the players as players have to download their opponent much quicker than last time and the probability of a big comeback is higher as well.

petran79

Banned
This is why I only play fighting games once or twice a week. Playing Wolverine messes with my hands when I have mash real hard for berserker barrage and OS grabs even though my hands are in great condition, which is why I've picked a B team so my hands don't die out on me when I just wanna have fun. Those hand cramps are annoying and if you continue on without taking care of your hands, you'll eventually get tremors like I did a couple years ago. That's when I knew I had to stop playing +6 hours a day without rest like an idiot. Really hope Angelic gets better and starts taking care of himself.

Same here but not because of hands. I could play 3 hours a day with no problem.
But then I wouldnt sleep at night and the whole day I'd think just about the game!
That is what I fear more!

I wonder why Smug didn't use U1 against Bonchan?

I know he has the reactions. If anything it at least stops Bonchan from throwing tiger shots right when he gets it.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I wonder why Smug didn't use U1 against Bonchan?

I know he has the reactions. If anything it at least stops Bonchan from throwing tiger shots right when he gets it.

Combo potential I guess with U2. Bonchan is still a beast with Sagat fireballs or not. He's not the kind of person to slip up when Duds has got a full U1 meter so there won't be a change to use it.

If the new Dissidia comes out for PS4, that may be what convinces me to buy a PS4.

On that note, I'm not sure how to feel about this new Dissidia potentially having 50 or more playable characters. That's quite the jump from the previous game.

If the new Dissidia comes out for PS4, that may be what convinces me to buy a PS4.

On that note, I'm not sure how to feel about this new Dissidia potentially having 50 or more playable characters. That's quite the jump from the previous game.

I only care about the netcode. They all but specifically said that the new Dissidia is getting a PS4 port. And even then, it's a year+ out from now.

Top Bottom