• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Beats

anyone here play Immaterial and Missing Power (or any of the touhou fighters)? Watched a somewhat recent 7v7 west vs japan video and that made me want to get into them again.

Tripon

How many original characters do you thinknwe will get overall, including DLC? I will say.... 8 new characters.

petghost

Banned
anyone here play Immaterial and Missing Power (or any of the touhou fighters)? Watched a somewhat recent 7v7 west vs japan video and that made me want to get into them again.

I just discovered what this was yesterday. Real interesting take on a fg but I still dont really understand it.

Do people mostly play iamp or the later ones with weather effects?

I also saw a pretty new one that looked like psychic force or something where the chars are constantly hovering and there is no ground.

Anne

Every time I ask somebody who plays Touhou fighters this, I always get told weather a lot of things and that Soku is weird and not great. Then they play IaMP.

I play the shmups and other fan games and hide out in the doujin music scene. I know the basics of IaMP but I know another poster in this thread can tell you all about it :p

keep your eyes off my girl, b

RAW-Reunion-gifs001_019.gif

Oh well then..

J/k

Skab

Which character are you playing the most?

Dauntless. Characters/balance are things that I can let slide, because it's super early and things will get adjusted. That being said, Talos may be the dumbest grappler I've seen in a while. But again, I can let that slide.

It's everything else I'm begging to really dislike. The hit/hurt boxes are all over the place. Cross ups feel nigh impossible to block at times because of it. Everything has like zero start up, so it basically just becomes a contest of who can spam a button out first.

It's just really frustrating to play at times.

Same. I feel like I'm fighting the game more than the other player. I think it's just not for me.

Exactly.

Hopefully this is all just because it's an early alpha and it will get better.

Lol @ reactions. Who's the lady?

Jess Brohard.

I just discovered what this was yesterday. Real interesting take on a fg but I still dont really understand it.

I also saw a pretty new one that looked like psychic force or something where the chars are constantly hovering and there is no ground.
IaMP and the other Touhou fighting games are like Melee and Smash, except magnified to an even larger degree.

I finally got over the poverty and creepiness and got it a little while ago but hit a roadblock trying to get netplay to work. Maybe I'll try again if there's enough interest.

joe2187

Banned
Reading through the replies on Obamas @POTUS twitter is like reading through any fighting game twitch stream chat.

Beats

Characters have a mix of melee and projectile attacks, but you can pass through or graze projectiles without taking damage while dashing or super jumping. Some of the other subsystems are different between each of them, but besides that stuff they sort of play like a traditional fg.

Not really sure what most people play nowadays out of all of them to be honest. :x

Codiox

Jesus Christ. Just played online usf4 against another player in my endless lobby. What a fucking douchebag. There were also a random guy and a guy who was obviously gay.

The douchebag always said "hey, kick the random one when he's the next in line, lol" and made gay jokes all the time.

What is this, call of duty???

FGC is about respect, not this shit.

Man I'm upset.

Horseress

it's not even a "gay joke" or even less being disrespectful, it's just...how can your sexual orientation be "obvious" through an online lobby?!

Codiox

it's not even a "gay joke" or even less being disrespectful, it's just...how can your sexual orientation be "obvious" through an online lobby?!

In his profile was something like "gay pride", his chun li char got rainbow colors.
I also talked a little bit with him.

Even if he wasn't gay, is it OK to make jokes about it now? Did I miss something?

shaowebb

wait...what day is it again? Ah hell...
xIm67cG.jpg

Little late and pretty mentally fatigued here. Had a lot of overtime for goin on 9 days straight with no days off yet so this week just keepin it light and fluffy till I can get a technical question for you.

Thanks beats,Cosmo and anne imma fuck around with iamp.

Had no idea there was a doujin music scene...
Dawg the Touhou doujin music scene is probably large enough to suffer from marching chinamen syndrome, where music gets released faster than you have hours in the day to possibly listen to all of it

Numb

xIm67cG.jpg

Little late and pretty mentally fatigued here. Had a lot of overtime for goin on 9 days straight with no days off yet so this week just keepin it light and fluffy till I can get a technical question for you.

Lone Wolf and Cub.
Plays like last blade.

xIm67cG.jpg

Dragon Ball Z. I would want it to play like marvel. Kinda like Hyper DBZ. Without ex moves and double commands.

xIm67cG.jpg

Fire Emblem (not counting Smash)

Idk probably like a 2D Soul Calibur, except with the FE crit system to generate maximum NaCl

shaowebb

xIm67cG.jpg

For me...

Dragon Ball Z----I'd like it to play most like-----Arcana Heart 3 love max.
Why?

This shit.
lFUR9oE.gif

gSPCj4v.gif

Insane tourney in japan on the new title Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars to get a feel for why it would work for DBZ

Again just look at this last one in particular

vB4ZrHw.gif

Those kunai fly upwards on command. They woke up expecting more corner pressure, ate the throw and then got jumped on. You block high you eat the kunai, you block low you eat the jump in, you forward roll you corner yourself and you backwards roll and they use homing dash on jump in and you run very close to being hit by the kunai anyways and might not make it. This plus homing dashes that are rocket fast, every normal being dash cancellable, Xfactors with customizable bonuses based on an equipped "arcana" and arcana adding additional moves to your character and impacting their offense and defense stats and yeah...I say DBZ would be perfect for this. All that flying around, rapid cancelling, and customizing your characters would fit well because you could just equip "training disciplines" to figure out what bonuses you get.

So much potential here. So many dreams. Name some of your own "should get a tourney level game and it should play like" thoughts.

Does it have to be tournament level? Because i'd prefer my games to be fun and if its a licensed game than a good representation of whatever its licensing.

xIm67cG.jpg

Phantasy Star Online and it'd play like the final arcade version of Soul Calibur 3 :p

Numb

Berserk fighter that plays like Soul Calibur.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi that plays like KOF.

One Piece MMO

Nice ideas but the unknown forces getting in the way of a berserk souls game will stop anything berserk ever happening.

i love this idea

but why SC3?
Apparently the final arcade version fixed all the issues with it and those who've played this rare treasure say it might be the best entry in the series :3
I had a lot of fun with SC3 on PS2 despite it being a broken (really, really broken) mess so I can imagine myself agreeing with them :p

Top Bottom