• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Perro

Seems like Capcom is taking the story mode serious. I can see the other returning characters being involved with Shadaloo. My prediction is: Juri, Guile, Balrog and Urien.
Fuck R.Mika
Fuck Alex
whens rose?

wait...what day is it again? Ah hell...
xIm67cG.jpg

Transformers. Have it play like MvC1, so you can jam in as many Transformers as assists.

Seems like Capcom is taking the story mode serious. I can see the other returning characters being involved with Shadaloo. My prediction is: Juri, Guile, Balrog and Urien.
Fuck R.Mika
Fuck Alex
whens rose?
My theory is that
Bison somehow absorbed Rose's soul energy to keep his current body since he lost his back ups in SF4.

xIm67cG.jpg
Archie Sonic comics by French Bread, or a RWBY fighter with 2v2 assists like TvC.

cross post from the SFV roster thread. what do u guys think brehs?

here's my random shot in the dark:
QOtFXSY.jpg

*the "SF3/SF4" might also be sliced in half for 2 more SF2 characters, we'll see...

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Apparently the final arcade version fixed all the issues with it and those who've played this rare treasure say it might be the best entry in the series :3
I had a lot of fun with SC3 on PS2 despite it being a broken (really, really broken) mess so I can imagine myself agreeing with them :p

Keep SCV's system, metered GI and supers kinda make sense for PSO! throughout the battle you raise your MAG's yellow bar (don't remember what it's called) and then BURST

Keep SCV's system, metered GI and supers kinda make sense for PSO! throughout the battle you raise your MAG's yellow bar (don't remember what it's called) and then BURST

Problem I have with that is that I genuinely dislike SCV and its systems. Our Soul Calibur group had enough issues with it to eventually just go back to SC4, despite the fact we'd been really pushing SCV when it first came out hosting a release date tournie and stuff (we got top 3) and even trying it again when there was some other fighting group running a tournament last year (we got top 3 again XD)
I appreciate there are a number of people who seem to like the changes in SCV but I'm definitely not one of them :p

Shouta

I've played SC3 Arcade. If I had to choose between that and SCV, I'd go with SC3 Arcade, lol

Also because SC3 still had Yunseong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Vega salt is great. He's not my type of character at all but I appreciate that now we have a stance character to continue rounding out the cast. It's only gonna get worse from here too, as people are gonna feel more and more threatened that their favourite character x's spot is going to be taken by y.

Ken Reveal

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Vega Reveal

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

cross post from the SFV roster thread. what do u guys think brehs?

here's my random shot in the dark:
QOtFXSY.jpg

*the "SF3/SF4" might also be sliced in half for 2 more SF2 characters, we'll see...
you should know better than to trust tentative character select layouts bruh

Grakl

xIm67cG.jpg

Little late and pretty mentally fatigued here. Had a lot of overtime for goin on 9 days straight with no days off yet so this week just keepin it light and fluffy till I can get a technical question for you.

Have it play like Bleach: Blade of Fate but less... broken?

Prototype

Problem I have with that is that I genuinely dislike SCV and its systems. Our Soul Calibur group had enough issues with it to eventually just go back to SC4, despite the fact we'd been really pushing SCV when it first came out hosting a release date tournie and stuff (we got top 3) and even trying it again when there was some other fighting group running a tournament last year (we got top 3 again XD)
I appreciate there are a number of people who seem to like the changes in SCV but I'm definitely not one of them :p
You're not alone. I liked SC4 better too.

Vaev

Just picked up Guilty Gear Xrd. This game is beautiful, and lots of fun. I've been a fan of Aksys fighting games, but never really delved into them much more than a handful of hours or so.

One thing I've noticed about this game is the lack character selection. Sure they all have strengths and weaknesses and different fighting styles, but is there any good counter for a stronger attacker like Faust, versus a quicker fighter with weaker moves like Ky Kiske? It seems like if you choose the wrong fighter, you're fighting an uphill battle.

Or maybe I just suck.

CSX

Tekken Crash just uploaded their official highlights vid of their Week 3 matches.

That last highlight was so good. Commentators were screaming lol.

It was the final round of the final match that determined which team went to the second round while the other went home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3uZ7mIsfKk

mbpm1

Jesus Christ. Just played online usf4 against another player in my endless lobby. What a fucking douchebag. There were also a random guy and a guy who was obviously gay.

The douchebag always said "hey, kick the random one when he's the next in line, lol" and made gay jokes all the time.

What is this, call of duty???

FGC is about respect, not this shit.

Man I'm upset.

Why are you interacting with random online people?

Azure J

xIm67cG.jpg

Little late and pretty mentally fatigued here. Had a lot of overtime for goin on 9 days straight with no days off yet so this week just keepin it light and fluffy till I can get a technical question for you.

Soul Eater. It would be one part Vampire Saviour (general aesthetic/presentation and gameplay pacing), one part Arcana (weapons as the arcana while also providing specific buffs/ability perks when lined up with canon weapon wielders or those with strong affinities towards them).

Fire Emblem as a 2D fighter in the vein of Persona/Xrd or 3D Soul Calibur like sounds rad too.

Astarte

Every time I ask somebody who plays Touhou fighters this, I always get told weather a lot of things and that Soku is weird and not great. Then they play IaMP.

I play the shmups and other fan games and hide out in the doujin music scene. I know the basics of IaMP but I know another poster in this thread can tell you all about it :p

My two mains are Suika and China
My Hamachi buddies play Remilia, Sakuya, and Suwako
Someone save me from my character choices and block strings

I keep wanting SEGA to make a MOBA mode for PSO2, I think the engine would lend itself well to a 4v4 format. It'd probably be like Smite except good

We understand Enzo, or at least I do. Running a good community thread takes dedication. Didn't know you did these threads till the G4 xplay forums died completely and I realized I spent the rest of that time here. I noticed your name immediately from these threads. Good work dude. It's a lot of information, it is time consuming. It's worth it though.

oneida

Jesus Christ. Just played online usf4 against another player in my endless lobby. What a fucking douchebag. There were also a random guy and a guy who was obviously gay.

The douchebag always said "hey, kick the random one when he's the next in line, lol" and made gay jokes all the time.

What is this, call of duty???

FGC is about respect, not this shit.

Man I'm upset.
Plenty of shitheads play fighting games. people have been outright assholes to me for playing VF at tournaments.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just picked up Guilty Gear Xrd. This game is beautiful, and lots of fun. I've been a fan of Aksys fighting games, but never really delved into them much more than a handful of hours or so.

One thing I've noticed about this game is the lack character selection. Sure they all have strengths and weaknesses and different fighting styles, but is there any good counter for a stronger attacker like Faust, versus a quicker fighter with weaker moves like Ky Kiske? It seems like if you choose the wrong fighter, you're fighting an uphill battle.

Or maybe I just suck.

Almost every character has tools or universal system tools that let them fight the rest of the cast.

One sided match ups are typically rare in ArcSys games but they do still happen.

Astarte

xIm67cG.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture Presents: a game where all of the company's creations can get together and sell even worse than individually. For real though it would probably be Free. Everyone will be free to splash.

Marz

Honestly, the less new characters the better. Capcom recent Street Fighter creations include the likes of El Fuerte, Rufus, Viper, Decapre, Abel etc.

No thanks.

They should bring back almost all of the SF2 cast besides lames like Thawk and Blanka.

Bring back Alex, Urien, Ibuki and Oro so SF3 fans can be happy.

Maybe another Alpha or Sf1 character.

Perfect imo, then hopefully their new additions aren't too retarded.

Edit: also a 2d Star Wars fighting game with Maul, Fett, Vader, Palpatine etc. Would be the GOAT.

Azure J

Toph tip tier for sure yeah, and Iroh as secret unlockable godlike character

Shit would be aces

Iroh would be too busted man. That's like Super Turbo Akuma meets Dark Phoenix. Gets bodied one round? Hits the gym during the intermission animation then comes back in prime form.

The dude would also have Pai Sho and tea drinking taunts.

Elder God Tier, literally.

Rhapsody

Banned
People getting salty over Vega? He looks so fun in this. Hopefully he'll get more time to shine than he did in SF4.
He wasn't too bad in SFXT, but that was a missed opportunity for him...

Add me to the list of Toph players :D

You're not alone. I liked SC4 better too.
Thankies :3

I'm still not sure how well SCV was received in general to be honest. When discussion of SC6 comes up online in various places I see a lot of people saying they want more of five's mechanics which confuzzled me and made me think that maybe it went down better with others than it did with our group. We've always moved with the series so the thought of going back a version didn't even enter our heads for the longest time until a friend of mind bumped into some peeps who still play SC4 ^.^;

I guess? at Toryuken we had some tekken players walk over to our setup to make fun of us for being there. last year at RitT4 some SFIV guy told us to play a real game.

I'm imagining a group of guys in business suits and briefcases walking by the struggle VF section with mocking laughter

oneida

I'm imagining a group of guys in business suits and briefcases walking by the struggle VF section with mocking laughter
"FGC is about respect" lol
VF is at tournaments still? It sure wasent at EVO or atleast on stream.
it was at CECC2, Toryuken 4, Final Round and it'll be at Canada Cup and RitT5 later this year. There's a 3 day VF gathering in NYC next weekend.

that's wack. fuck them.

I got nothing against VF. Tekken appeals to me more tho, it doesn't make sense to bash another player especially when tekken and VF are pretty darn close to each other gameplay wise, them being 3D fighters and all.

"FGC is about respect" lol

it was at CECC2, Toryuken 4, Final Round and it'll be at Canada Cup and RitT5 later this year. There's a 3 day VF gathering in NYC next weekend.

Awesome. I'm glad it's players are keeping it alive.

Malice215

One of these days I'm going to try and get a SC3 arcade board. By far my favorite version of SC. SCV has its issues, but it's still a solid fighting game that doesn't have garbage netkode. When it comes to SC, it basically comes down to preference. People don't like change and each SC game changes drastically.

Vega looks so dope that I'll buy a PS4 to play SFV on.

I know what it's like trying to do stuff for a community, so I really appreciate the work you've been doing Enzo in keeping these threads going. Good luck.

I'm still not sure how well SCV was received in general to be honest. When discussion of SC6 comes up online in various places I see a lot of people saying they want more of five's mechanics which confuzzled me and made me think that maybe it went down better with others than it did with our group. We've always moved with the series so the thought of going back a version didn't even enter our heads for the longest time until a friend of mind bumped into some peeps who still play SC4 ^.^;

I go back to SC4 from time to time. I had fun with it for years, but there's plenty of bs in the game. The few people still playing it now are doing so because they dislike SCV or because of nostalgia. But if they are still playing, then they should think about coming to Summer Jam or NEC and chill with the rest of the community.

There's also 3 SCV tournaments (East Coast/France/Japan) this month for anyone interested.

Top Bottom