• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 22-28 | On the Xrd Day of Christmas

Dunno if it's new-thread worthy, but Pro_Fluke just played around in the USF4 stages and found this: (used the EH screencap for simplicity)

23_alex01.jpg

Welcome to SF5, Alex. http://www.twitch.tv/pro_fluke/v/3632523 @ 47:40 is where he notices it.

Yoooooooooo

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Obviously the blonde one. And when I think of the Baldwin bros I think of surfer dudes and Max likes saying dude or doods for the Nippon Ichi fans.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Does anyone where I can find shells for gamecube controllers? I wanna change mine up and make it awesome.

Its for melee and PM, I'm pretty sure the dimensions for the Wii U gamecube controller aren't exactly the same as the original gamecube one.

BTW, if you guys are up in about 4 hours, Daigo is Topanga TV's special guest this week. He's going to talk about his manga and probably play a couple of matches with Tokido, Momochi, and Mago.

Alright kids, I need some recommendations.

First off, I love, love, LOVE 2D fighting games, the more hand-drawn, the better. To me, they're srota like pizza or ice cream; even when they're bad, they're still pretty good.

Having said that, I feel I've already devoured any and all domestic 2D fighting games (BazBlue, KOF, SFIV, Persona Arena, Aquapazza, Arcana Heart, etc.), so now I got my sights set on importing some 2D goodness from Japan.

Here are 5 I've narrowed it down to, and it would be cool if I could get your thoughts. Also, if they're import friendly - I know they're all-region, and will play on my PS3, but will I understand the menus, controls and what the hell I'm doing?

- Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late

Now I know it's coming to the US in a few months - I guess I could wait that long, but I should be able to get the import for the same price now.

The wild card! I know this isn't a traditional fighter, and that it's sorta like Smash Bros, but it looks so pretty!

Thoughts?

UNIB has really uninspiring character designs, but the movement and combo system feel amazing to use and the soundtrack is pure win especially if you like old videogame music in the vein of Sonic, Megaman and Castlevania. Yuzuriha's track doesn't really fit the mood the game is going for but I'd kill to have it in Advance Wars. If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait for the February (AFAIK) U.S. release so Aksys gets money ^^

No you are right. I am still debating if its worth my time to continue with it. I just haven't found anything better to do at the moment.

For me it's not the game in general but Zato specifically. Time to go zugzug :p

Karin's one of the rare rekka characters I actually enjoyed using.

I guess ST Fei was fun. Just to do a jump in combo to dizzy lol

But Iori, Benimaru, Gordeau and Faust are so fun ;_;

Top Bottom