• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 26 - Feb 1 | Zaibatschu

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

if (Marvel3Patch = false) {
System.out.println("TEN MORE YEARS");
}

You didn't even declare the variable... Tsk tsk Smedwicks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MvC[4] threads in Gaming are progressively more depressing, and it's not because the premise is usually that it's never going to happen or whatever unless __________. Regret making that one longass post more day after day. The thirst is real.

Azure J

MvC[4] threads in Gaming are progressively more depressing, and it's not because the premise is usually that it's never going to happen or whatever unless __________. Regret making that one longass post more day after day. The thirst is real.

Five more years!

Azure J

http://youtu.be/w9nt1ZvEOJk?t=8m45s

Not even EVO finals worthy blocking will save you from that shit.

I was in tears when I saw this. Thanks for posting it again. :lol

What in name of all things sane were they thinking doing this? Zappa is weird af.

Fake Edit: Oh God, the chick with the "Try Harder!" sign right here. Seeing Johnny get dumped on in this fashion shouldn't be as funny as it actually is.
Real Edit: Programming GAF in here making me really sad I haven't touched the stuff once since a failed/panic attack ridden semester of it in 2007-8. D:
Double Edit: AYY LMAO. Best game™.

I was in tears when I saw this. Thanks for posting it again. :lol

What in name of all things sane were they thinking doing this? Zappa is weird af.

Fake Edit: Oh God, the chick with the "Try Harder!" sign right here. Seeing Johnny get dumped on in this fashion shouldn't be as funny as it actually is.
Real Edit: Programming GAF in here making me really sad I haven't touched the stuff once since a failed/panic attack ridden semester of it in 2007-8. D:
Double Edit: AYY LMAO. Best game™.
Needs a Baiken player to show this Zappa dat business.
No wonder he destroyed Ragna.

Dahbomb

Let the boys cook man.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

The thirst is real for us? lol, you were the one who made the post so look who's talking m8.
i have the post printed on my mahvel shine with strands of yipes' hair, giving me hope in this depressing world. a a patch will happen! pls!

He could've been using JavaScript! But he still used the wrong comparison operator :p.

The lack of a proper equality operator bothered me more.

EDIT: Downloading the mobile game...

god damn it, i completely forgot about booleans... smedwicks caught me with an overhead on that one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'M NOT AN EXPERT PROGRAMMER I'M STILL IN SCHOOL GOSH ;_;

Also gosh I know it's only Tuesday night but I already feel bad that I haven't gotten the interview to you, Enzo. I'll get it to you tomorrow, hopefully.
It's cool, take your time. I get most on Sunday night anyways lol

In recent news ShinBlanka announces that Final Round will be apart of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour. I think this is the first event to be confirmed for that. He doesn't say what people will be competing for yet, but it will be revealed in the coming weeks. Last year it was a Premiere Event(winner is automatically qualified) and I expect it to remain that way this year.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10106047/#Comment_10106047

It's exciting to know that things will be starting up against pretty soon. Now I'm curious to find out about how that 500k will be distributed. I guessed that each Premiere Event would get a decent chunk(something like 20k) of that 500k, so we'll see if anything similar to that actually happens soon. I'd love to see these tournaments outside of EVO actually have some pretty good money to win. I'm planning to go to Final Round this year so hopefully all the big names show up to try and take that first qualifier(if it is one).

In recent news ShinBlanka announces that Final Round will be apart of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour. I think this is the first event to be confirmed for that. He doesn't say what people will be competing for yet, but it will be revealed in the coming weeks. Last year it was a Premiere Event(winner is automatically qualified) and I expect it to remain that way this year.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10106047/#Comment_10106047

It's exciting to know that things will be starting up against pretty soon. Now I'm curious to find out about how that 500k will be distributed. I guessed that each Premiere Event would get a decent chunk(something like 20k) of that 500k, so we'll see if anything similar to that actually happens soon. I'd love to see these tournaments outside of EVO actually have some pretty good money to win. I'm planning to go to Final Round this year so hopefully all the big names show up to try and take that first qualifier(if it is one).

Hopefully there are more premiere events in Asia compared to last year. It screws a lot of top players who aren't sponsored and can't afford to go all the way to the US just to compete.

Shadowloo Showdown would have been perfect, but it's a little more than a week away and it wouldn't be fair to give a chunk of the prize money to an event a lot of the competitors had no idea was part of the capcom pro tour. They should notify the players well ahead of time so they know what events they can plan their schedule around.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When are we going to get that FGW | WE MADE IT Enzo? This Tekken setup is looking pretty "made it" to me. :lol
As far as I can tell from the images above, SNSD is the Korean equivalent of the Wu-Tang Clan. So pretty much when we have RZA make a beat live on stage between KI and Xrd on EVO finals day.

Hopefully there are more premiere events in Asia compared to last year. It screws a lot of top players who aren't sponsored and can't afford to go all the way to the US just to compete.

Shadowloo Showdown would have been perfect, but it's a little more than a week away and it wouldn't be fair to give a chunk of the prize money to an event a lot of the competitors had no idea was part of the capcom pro tour. They should notify the players well ahead of time so they know what events they can plan their schedule around.

I agree, Shadowloo Showdown would have been a perfect event to hold a auto qualifier. It's not that big, but SE Asia Major isn't either. And I think it's fair to assume that SE Asia Major is a Premier Event only because of its location. But SS was too early in the year, FR might be the first CPT event of the year.

Top Bottom