• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Nooooooooo I like them all :(

The GSC ones were what I was looking at since they have all the girls in their magic outfits.

Gonna watch Rebellion tomorrow for sure.

Alright, we warned you.

Anyway, I have all the ones you're talking about plus Ultimate Madoka (plus another one ordered which is related to the 3rd movie). They're all fantastic but expensive nowadays.

Ultimadrago

OMG, I just looked it up. Her perfect proportions... that slender body, that small little booty !! This is right down my lane! Right up my alley! Straight up my butthole!! They're selling me the exact bag of drugs I need!! And she's nopan too??? I died and gone to heaven! I might need this.

If you do decide to pull the trigger there's another, brother~!

kewlmyc

GROSS! Please. I have better taste than that.

The Tony Ver.

The fuck's wrong with her spine?

Vertex?
kSlLAkY.gif

I'm running out of pictures expressing disgust

Is Vertex bad? They have a Yukari figure I'm looking forward to this year.

omlet

Anyway, I have all the ones you're talking about plus Ultimate Madoka (plus another one ordered which is related to the 3rd movie). They're all fantastic but expensive nowadays.

From the GSC set, Kyoko and Sayaka are cheap. Madoka is not that expensive. Mami is a little harder to find, I think, and Homura is pricey for sure.

Edit: Oh, and Ultimate Madoka is gonna be probably at least 13k unless you find one with a really banged up box. Also keep in mind her box is huge so it's about 5000 yen EMS shipping if you import. She was cheap for a couple years after launch because of shipping costs and overproduction, but by now much of the surplus has been bought up so she's back to being MSRP or more most of the time.

If you do decide to pull the trigger there's another, brother~!

I...I want it, but Extollere's burning passion for all the right things is holding me back. His kindred DFC spirit is blazing bright; far be it from me to stand between him and Cham Cham
unless he doesn't buy it soon.

kewlmyc

Nothing. Reviewers and MFC dispelled the myth by actually doing the pose IRL. It was one of the first things they were asked, apparently. :p

Tried it, it is indeed possible. Still looks kinda weird. At least it's not Nina Bishoujo levels of awkward looking.

From the GSC set, Kyoko and Sayaka are cheap. Madoka is not that expensive. Mami is a little harder to find, I think, and Homura is pricey for sure.[/SPOILER]

They're two different Homura's and both are pretty pricey nowadays iirc. At least they pop up regularly on Amiami.

Oh yeah, there's also a movie and tv version of the same Sayaka figure.

Acid08

Banned
Alright, we warned you.

I already added all five and Ultimate Madoka to my MFC list. This might be the first actual collection I try to pursue.

And a Mami Beach Queens for fun

They're two different Homura's and both are pretty pricey nowadays iirc. At least they pop up regularly on Amiami.

I want the movie version of that Sayaka figure, the darker blue hair looks better imo.

Weird how Homura is the most popular. Well not that weird, actually. Just figured it would probably be Madoko.

I've see the Mami one pop up on Mandarake sometimes, usually around 5k. Not that bad.

Acid08

Banned
Question for y'all, what is the "Dwell" line of Vertex figures? I noticed the upcoming Yukari figure is under that branding.

So it happened again. That SDR2 Nanami Chiaki figure got delayed for... I think the 2nd time now and is slated for late February. Guess it's coming in the same time as Dragon Quest Heroes... Maybe... Probably not.

Also I had my mouse hovering over the pre-order button for the Vertex Selvaria and realized that May is a super bad month for me financially. It's an Anime North month for me and I wanna see if I can hunt down an Ultimate Madoka or something for a decent price.

chrono01

I don't own anything from Vertex, and given a few of their past releases [while not being "horrible"], I'm a little hesitant to spent this much money on Selvaria. Also, I'm trying to cut back.

However, it IS Selvaria...

Decisions must be made.

Ryuuroden

I don't own anything from Vertex, and given a few of their past releases [while not being "horrible"], I'm a little hesitant to spent this much money on Selvaria. Also, I'm trying to cut back.

Decisions must be made.

You must be the last one who knows what your decision will be because the rest of the entirety of Figure GAF already knows.

Acid08

Banned

Boy you weren't kidding. I just did a quick Manda check and the Homura figures are running 10k while the others are 5-7k.

Decisions must be made.

Chrono-kun, if you didn't buy all those boat girls and Sin girls and lewd girls, choices like this would be easier.

Ultimadrago

I...I want it, but Extollere's burning passion for all the right things is holding me back. His kindred DFC spirit is blazing bright; far be it from me to stand between him and Cham Cham

Brothers~

That would be BloodOmenPT.

Aah

Decisions must be made.

I would have though you've honed your decision-making skills to the max by now!

On another note, what is a "Hobby Japan mail-in exclusive"? Seems to be a few of them including Cham Cham

kewlmyc

Weird how Homura is the most popular. Well not that weird, actually. Just figured it would probably be Madoka

Madoka isn't the most popular because she does fuck all in the series until the last two or so episodes.

It's kinda like Shinji in Evangelion in terms of popularity. But Shinji isn't a teenage girl with pink hair so sucks to be him.

Einbroch

Banned
Ha! I just ordered something off Amazon too!

qSLEUGP.png

Amazon's shipping is so cheap, and the ship girls are cheaper on Amazon than they are on AmiAmi without even taking shipping into consideration.

chrono01

You must be the last one who knows what your decision will be because the rest of the entirety of Figure GAF already knows.
You're probably right on this. :/

Chrono-kun, if you didn't buy all those boat girls and Sin girls and lewd girls, choices like this would be easier.
I regret nothing.

Nothing.

I would have though you've honed your decision-making skills to the max by now!

On another note, what is a "Hobby Japan mail-in exclusive"? Seems to be a few of them including Cham Cham
It seems I still have a way to go. Must hone them faster!

As for the Hobby Japan mail-in exclusives, basically it's exactly that. It's an event where, readers in Japan, have a window of time to place an order via a magazine/mail-in form for an exclusive figure. So instead of using a website, they use a magazine.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

That's a kind gesture friend, but by all means go ahead. It's tempting, but I really shouldn't be spending money on hobby items right now (as much as I'd love to have a DFC beauty gracing my desk for all to see)! I'll have to pay an exorbitant price for it later.

New arrival today :D

unfortunately my bootleg detector was set off by the fact that her pieces were mismatched in color.

I was already paranoid about this seeing as I ordered her from Nippon Yasan. However, there are other reports of legit Yoshinos having discolored accessories. Someone on MFC said they contacted GSC and was offered a replacement.

I'm still studying the bootleg pics and looking mine over though. Everything else besides that one arm seems fine, and not consistent with the bootlegs.

On a somewhat related note, I need a decent camera. I've been thinking of getting a DSLR for a while. I need something mostly to take outdoor scenery photos and the occasional figure pics. Does anyone have a recommendation for an entry level camera for a newbie?

Quick question for Tenso users - just paying for my first order, is 'AIR/Registered Small Package' worth a try? The delivery time quoted is 6 days to UK. It's just for some 3DS cover plates so nothing too valuable or that I'm desperate to get as fast as possible...

Looking to dodge Parcelfarce and their handling fee nonsense!

chrono01

Saotome Maria released!
I know, I'm the only that ordered her.
I'll have to wait until the end of the month, though.

Oh, in-stock pictures available at HS. It appears they didn't mess up that beautiful face of hers. I won't know more until a proper review comes out, but I'm hopeful.

That would be BloodOmenPT.

Yep, most likely its me. What can I say, I might have a problem, but I'm OK with it :)

I don't remember. The GSC booth was selling it with free bonus goodies.

!!!!! I will surpass that soon! >:D

I already have... long ago.

Saotome Maria released!
I know, I'm the only that ordered her.
I'll have to wait until the end of the month, though.

Oh, in-stock pictures available at HS. It appears they didn't mess up that beautiful face of hers. I won't know more until a proper review comes out, but I'm hopeful.

Nope, got one ordered as well, was expecting a delay but finally something comes out this month

tauke

Quick question for Tenso users - just paying for my first order, is 'AIR/Registered Small Package' worth a try? The delivery time quoted is 6 days to UK. It's just for some 3DS cover plates so nothing too valuable or that I'm desperate to get as fast as possible...

Looking to dodge Parcelfarce and their handling fee nonsense!

Hmm I only use EMS for any shipment from Japan to my country since the rate of mail theft is pretty high (I have a Registered SAL from Hong Kong goes AWOL on me lol).

I got no idea how it goes in the UK but as long you can dodge handling fees, I say SAL registered is pretty good judging from others feedback over here.

Hmm I only use EMS for any shipment from Japan to my country since the rate of mail theft is pretty high (I have a Registered SAL from Hong Kong goes AWOL on me lol).

I got no idea how it goes in the UK but as long you can dodge handling fees, I say SAL registered is pretty good judging from others feedback over here.

Thanks, I went with SAL registered as only cheap stuff in this order, but I'll be more inclined to use EMS for things like figures in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom