• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the eyes seem like they are what would kill me. The skin would be easy since I own an airbrush. There are several Monster Hunter GKs I want to paint.
Edit: this one.

You forgot the other ones.

rEd4XRH.jpg

Bnahabra Armor

D8pUNh4.jpg

Bone Armor

Since I was a tad disappointed in how the Lucina Amiibo looked, decided to preorder the Figma one instead. Cost a bit more than the amiibo but at least it looks better.

Also how difficult would it be to get this figure?

Neo Dark

Wow I've been gone a while. Missed so much. Still eager for April so I can get my first import figure (Lucina figma!)

Figure Arts Zero Anna and Elsa are getting packaged in a special together box? Probably gonna be exclusive... I'll just get them in the regular separate boxes I guess :/

whoa, Anna has tiny feet

When was this announced and when does it release?
I'd take the nendoroids over these though because as others pointed out, the coloring is weird especially the hair.

Since I was a tad disappointed in how the Lucina Amiibo looked, decided to preorder the Figma one instead. Cost a bit more than the amiibo but at least it looks better.

Also how difficult would it be to get this figure?

Why not both? Remove NFC chip from amiibo and stick it to the bottom of the figma. Now you got a figure that you can pose and use as an amiibo

Man, am I glad I never got into the Dollfie game. Snow Miku! Yours for a cool 65k:

B7yOWqxCEAE6QTe.png

Figure GAF relegated to the scrub game

Some of the high quality dolls are really nice. I ordered the Miku Pullip and she's beautiful. Waiting on the right time to go after Luka. I really like Dollfie's dolls, but I don't know if I want a snow Miku. I would have jumped on vanilla Miku if I knew about her when she went up for preorder, but I doubt I'll get snow Miku.

maybe

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Quick question for Tenso users - just paying for my first order, is 'AIR/Registered Small Package' worth a try? The delivery time quoted is 6 days to UK. It's just for some 3DS cover plates so nothing too valuable or that I'm desperate to get as fast as possible...

Looking to dodge Parcelfarce and their handling fee nonsense!

Since the cover plate I want is not going to be at the 3DS launch I was thinking of importing one too. Is this for Amazon JP? I guess the fact you want to avoid Parcel Force means you're getting more than one since their individual value is below the tax rate so you could use EMS just fine for one.

Since the cover plate I want is not going to be at the 3DS launch I was thinking of importing one too. Is this for Amazon JP? I guess the fact you want to avoid Parcel Force means you're getting more than one since their individual value is below the tax rate so you could use EMS just fine for one.

Yup, Amazon JP. Package contains two sets of cover plates and a charging cradle so that nudges it over the customs threshold. Y'know, I might start looking into buying import games directly from Amazon rather than my usual haunts like Play-Asia... the Tenso fee isn't exactly ruinous, and I was surprised to find there wasn't actually a shipping charge on Amazon JP to deliver to Tenso for (what I assume is) the equivalent of first class post?

Preview: TERA - Elin Ouka Tsukikage Ryuu ver. Complete Figure by Flare
his is Meshi, here to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. How do you make your online game designs stand out in a hyper-sataurated market teeming with cute little animals and waifu tailor made to suit every fetish known to man? TERA's answer to that literal million dollar question sure seems to be paying off. Let's dig in!

TERA - Elin Ouka Tsukikage Ryuu ver. Complete Figure [Flare]

=============================================
Full Metal Timepiece

What time is it? Time to get your little brother's body back, lazy bones! This Full Metal Alchemist-inspired watch from Super Groupies features a strap braided like Ed's hair with the Flamel mark on the face. A real alchemist could craft one themselves, but the rest of us will have to order from the homepage below.

Official homepage: http://www.super-groupies.com/feature/detail.php?id=105
=============================================
Preview: THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Ranko & Mika 1/8 Complete Figures by Phat Company
Taking center stage at the most recent Phat Company new product showcase were none other than two of Cinderella Girls’ most popular idols, Ranko and Mika!

THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Ranko Kanzaki Anniversary Princess Ver. -Mad Banquet- 1/8 Complete Figure [Phat Company]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Mika Jougasaki Charisma Girl ver. 1/8 Complete Figure [Phat Company]

==============================================
The blog will be updated again at midnight! (`・ω・´)!!!
(…midnight in Japan!)
o0515037113194199804.jpg

==============================================
6cde303a-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/42392634.html
249e207b-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/42395222.html
head_main_02.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/42394688.html
B7xl2GqCYAA82-t.jpg:large

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/42395677.html
DSC08165.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9652.html
w-v-.jpg

w-49468.jpg

w-49497.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/48777/
cec2f0a3.jpg

1d720245.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/42395784.html
1087@2x.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yup, Amazon JP. Package contains two sets of cover plates and a charging cradle so that nudges it over the customs threshold. Y'know, I might start looking into buying import games directly from Amazon rather than my usual haunts like Play-Asia... the Tenso fee isn't exactly ruinous, and I was surprised to find there wasn't actually a shipping charge on Amazon JP to deliver to Tenso for (what I assume is) the equivalent of first class post?

Well you've kind of sold me on trying it out and a cover plate is so cheap it's a pretty good first test item. Though I may look at cases and see if I can find one that's cheap enough to stay under the limit. I haven't taken my New 3DS out the house yet because I lack a good case for it.

Some of the high quality dolls are really nice. I ordered the Miku Pullip and she's beautiful. Waiting on the right time to go after Luka. I really like Dollfie's dolls, but I don't know if I want a snow Miku. I would have jumped on vanilla Miku if I knew about her when she went up for preorder, but I doubt I'll get snow Miku.

maybe

miku_top_main02.jpg

"Look at all these fucks I give for your wallet!"

Dollfie Miku why u so mean

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh hey, it's the set from episode 2.

Which is a bad sign because that means we approach the point where the want for Cinderella Girl figs starts to set in.

Though so far I probably would say Mio is my favourite (to be fair the choice so far is just inferior Haruka clone, Chihaya clone and her as the others basically had one line introductions) and lucky for me her figure is already sold out on AmiAmi so I'll just pretend it never existed.

miku_top_main02.jpg

I'm trying to get rid of that little voice with reason here.

Dolls have upkeep. Her hair won't look like that out of the box, it must be styled.You'll need a special doll hair brush and wig styling products for that. You'll also need to treat it from time to time too. The hair and clothing are both delicate so you need to limit messing with her after you've gotten a desired look...

it's not working

EDIT:

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I don't have a good camera but here is a Howling Banshee I painted.

I eventually want to get skilled enough to paint this.

Looks good to me, just buy a cheap kit and get started, warhammer figs are not the same, they will help you bring out tiny details in bigger scales, but you need a different set of skills you'll only pick up buy jumping in. Buy something cheap, about 1/7th scale or bigger, and paint it up, strip it and repaint it as practice (or until your sick of repainting it) then move on to better ones as you feel more capable of handling them...

Figure Arts Zero Anna and Elsa are getting packaged in a special together box? Probably gonna be exclusive... I'll just get them in the regular separate boxes I guess :/

whoa, Anna has tiny feet
Nasty...

New arrival today :D

unfortunately my bootleg detector was set off by the fact that her pieces were mismatched in color.

Looks too good to be a bootleg, too clean and well done, but someone who collects nendos might be a better judge then me...

Saotome Maria released!
I know, I'm the only that ordered her.
I'll have to wait until the end of the month, though.

Oh, in-stock pictures available at HS. It appears they didn't mess up that beautiful face of hers. I won't know more until a proper review comes out, but I'm hopeful.

Need to go check these out these pictures,
I'm gonna feel like an asshole for canceling aren't I?

What's the minimum value again for tax stuff?
You mean Edea Second or Default? Didn't they already make an Edea figure? Personally I want one modeled after this.
There's no Edea figure available yet, only plushies exist.

At £135 ParcelForce probably conjures up some other fees like booking fee, admin fees, postman fees and rubber band fees just to ensure you pay more in fees than the value of the item.

"The guy at the customs depot looked at us funny when we took your package. You owe us a further £27.68."

Trying to figure out why I can't combine my January orders now. They removed the delays but one order is stuck in the section "Before last month" and the other is in January. Yet nothing in either order came out before this month.

Oh well, not a big deal I will just get two boxes I suppose.

Selvaria is tempting but not sure on Vertex....

cajunator

Banned
New arrival today :D

unfortunately my bootleg detector was set off by the fact that her pieces were mismatched in color.

I was already paranoid about this seeing as I ordered her from Nippon Yasan. However, there are other reports of legit Yoshinos having discolored accessories. Someone on MFC said they contacted GSC and was offered a replacement.

I'm still studying the bootleg pics and looking mine over though. Everything else besides that one arm seems fine, and not consistent with the bootlegs.

On a somewhat related note, I need a decent camera. I've been thinking of getting a DSLR for a while. I need something mostly to take outdoor scenery photos and the occasional figure pics. Does anyone have a recommendation for an entry level camera for a newbie?

thats painted WAY too well to be bootleg. I need that nendoroid so badly.

Neo Dark

What's the minimum value again for tax stuff?

There's no Edea figure available yet, only plushies exist.
Ahh. That might have been it then. I remembered seeing Edea stuff being linked here but couldn't remember what it was. Not being here for weeks.. I think I'm losing touch with my figure GAF side

B7xfPcOCEAA6be6.png

In response to the Amiibo discussion from the other day, I bought Samus because she looked great, then Wii Fit trainer and Villager in my local supermarket as impulse buys before Christmas but also because I liked their designs. Only later did I discover how stupidly marked up they've become. I've still not opened them and have no intention to sell them either. Ness is tentatively ordered from GAME, and Shulk from Amazon JP just for the hell of it.

I get why people gotta catch 'em all (collector mentality, been there done that got the t-shirt), but like some of you already said, their minds would be blown by the wider world of figures that we here know and love. Too lazy to backtrack and find who said it, but the whole too-much-of-a-hurdle thing is so true for the masses. I've known people stop short trying to get something they like because "...the website is in Japanese? Oh, then I'm not using that site." I'm talking sites like Amazon Japan here, where people are even too lazy to realise or discover there is even an English option, that you can use your local credit card, etc etc. I do find it amazing how lazy some people are, like if what they want isn't immediately available from X retailer or Y supermarket then it's essentially lost in the mists of time for them.

I'm cool with Amiibo existing, but I do hope that Nintendo do press on with the rumoured redistribution of the NFC content via cards or whatever. It won't happen while all the Amiibo waves are still being pushed out, but it would be a shame if the cool extra content was essentially brickwalled for those not feverishly snagging any and all Amiibo that comes off the production line. If and when that does happen, I wonder what it will do to the aftermarket value of the toys themselves?

£15. If you can get it marked as a gift and they don't see through the ruse then £36.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

£0.01 to £15
- No customs duty
- No Import VAT

£15.01 to £135
- No customs duty
- Import VAT due

£135.01 and greater
- Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9
- Import VAT due

(HMRC)

Ah thanks. I dunno why but keep on thinking £20 instead of £15 before, and couldn't find the exact page to check it lol

omlet

That paintjob looks way too good to be a bootleg. I've seen Yoshino in person and that's what she should look like.

You probably just got an unlucky arm.

Cute, but no way am I getting started on Dollfie.

There's a figure I want that's available at Hobby Link Japan, I've never used them before, how are they?

HLJ is fine. One of the older American-run figure/hobby shops. Go for it. I don't shop there much anymore since Amiami/AmazonJP usually have better deals but sometimes HLJ has stuff that others don't and it's not like their prices are outrageous.

Ultimadrago

As for the Hobby Japan mail-in exclusives, basically it's exactly that. It's an event where, readers in Japan, have a window of time to place an order via a magazine/mail-in form for an exclusive figure. So instead of using a website, they use a magazine.

Thanks, that's what I was assuming.

Yep, most likely its me. What can I say, I might have a problem, but I'm OK with it :)

Hey, I'm not hatin. Just knew the picture reminded me of someone here!

I almost bought Zatanna and Selvaria today, but I gave up in the end.

Selvaria is from a company that people are not fond of (Vertex), so that raises flag number 1. Plus, the month she's coming I already have a big haul (for my standards, it would be a small one for you guys), so that's flag number two.

Zatanna I even put inside my cart, but deleted it before finishing the purchase. My problems with her are that she's (IMO) prone to leaning and I'm not that into her.

What's happening to me...

True, but those seem based on the first game graphics, while the new one by Vertex is based on this art by Raita

Honestly I am not a big fan of Raita and I also prefer the art style from VC1 game.
Yea I'm not going to buy a figure that doesn't represent the character from the original source material

Mostly because I don't buy figures of characters I'm not attached to

raven777

I don't think so. I think he is referring to the leg looking broken.

I own noel but mines boxed. Check mfc but I doubt it leans

Thanks! I don't mind the legs.
probably referring to the lower left leg having a weird curve to it.

I have the figure just because its Noel, but I have several complaints about it. Weird pokey nipples, giant hips and thighs, weird lower left leg

I like those....that's why I am kinda interested in her figure.

Yea I'm not going to buy a figure that doesn't represent the character from the original source material

Mostly because I don't buy figures of characters I'm not attached to

I was like that before but now I just buy what I think looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom