• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda characters need to be displayed together though!

JK but great shelves.

Thanks. I place my amiibo in the display to my personal liking. I may organize them by franchise one day, though. Maybe sooner. Hmm... Now it's kinda bugging me.

Those are from Ikea right? I checked into those once thinking they'd be great for my Muppet Busts. Then I realized how flippin' HUGE they were. How tall do they stand again?

Yup, from IKEA. This particular display stands at 75inches or 192cm. And they're quite huge.

I took two quick shots, not everything just what I've done with my scales n' dolly's, and I'm going to IKEA yet again tomorrow:

The dream is to move to a place my wife and I will spend our live in, shelf's will be hand made and purpose built and all figure boxes will get thrown away.

1) Whoa...that's got to be tough to dust.

2) I'm assuming figure boobies are not permitted on the site? Either that, or a couple of those figures came with CENSORED accessories.

3) What did you use to set the detolf shelves at different heights? These...

clamp2.jpg
?

Thanks. I place my amiibo in the display to my personal liking. I may organize them by franchise one day, though. Maybe sooner. Hmm... Now it's kinda bugging me.

Yup, from IKEA. This particular display stands at 75inches or 192cm. And they're quite huge.

So 6'3? Why'd I think they were taller then that? Which line are they from again. I actually might be able to make use of those.

kierwynn

I've been really good about avoiding this thread for the past 5 months in an attempt to keep my figure thirst at bay. I can do it no longer.

oohh another kirigiri from flare

I have to have this- all the Kirigiris pleeeease.

Of the stuff I've seen recently, I really want some of the rereleases being done (I can finally get Gwendolyn for a normal price!) and I'm really excited for the Cordelia and Kotori figures. They both look amazing!

Must-have:
Both David and de Milo.
257280.jpg
276689.jpg
287728.jpg
287743.jpg
287861.jpg

Still not sure how I feel about Nendos with joints, but Yuki Yuna has such a cool design I can't pass her up.
And I've been eagerly anticipating more Table Museum figmas so double announcement is great!

Wanderer5

Still not sure how I feel about Nendos with joints, but Yuki Yuna has such a cool design I can't pass her up.

Oh wow what is up with that? Snow miku has ball joints for the arms but this takes joints on nendoroids to a new level.o.o Mako or heck a few nendos shown at won fes there doesn't have any of the new joints that the two have it seems.

Wonfes 2015 Wishlist

- Nendoroid Two Star Mako
- Nendoroid Darth Vader
- Nendoroid Kirby
- Nendoroid Link (Majora's Mask .ver)

and possibly:

- Nendoroid Stormtrooper

I also got these yesterday (Excuse the iffy camerawork):

B9VJp6EIgAAsO0_.jpg

B9VJqaPIUAEbsek.jpg

Ryuuroden

Lets see, my list atm......Goodbye wallet

tumblr_njg305ZpIf1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_njfxdtRu9l1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_njfwumsRPP1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_njfwiwSOmT1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_njfo101BvG1qzbbkm.jpg

tumblr_inline_njfo16VdW31qzbbkm.jpg

tumblr_inline_njfng20Keo1qzbbkm.jpg

tumblr_njfmc8o0AG1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_njfjzmZg961qzdctco1_500.jpg

1423382615278q3ogw.jpg

14233834426143fody.jpg

fatestay-night-saber-10-royal-dress-ver.jpg

287827.jpg

287874.jpg

tumblr_njfh6vU9KT1qzdctco1_1280.jpg

rcmmvNY.jpg

TNXNfIH.jpg

B9SwqqgCMAAqhI6.jpg

DSC_07421.jpg

hello Poorhouse. (Will have to pear this shit down or death becomes me)

thank god for no Carrier girls, LWA figures, and some other themes I wanted....

omlet

Oh wow what is up with that? Snow miku has ball joints for the arms but this seem to take joints on nendoroids to a new level.o.o Mako there doesn't have any of the new joints that the two have it seems.

I think there are actually already a few nendos like this. Some of the ones called "super poseable" have extra joints. Also the P3 Aigis nendo has knee joints.

As for Mako, it really is up to the sculptor. More joints takes more work to design.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I just finished putting in the glass doors today. The empty spot's for my Premium Format Wonder Woman coming tomorrow.
d7VvfC7.jpg

DELTOF (I may have spelled that wrong)
VnvD8fp.jpg

Finally, my amiibo collection. I just need to install the lighting. I have what I need but I'm too lazy to install them after putting those glass doors on my other display.
fapKuJL.jpg

Awesome, nice to see the glasvics on, looks great, each shelf's framed..
Detolfs a detolf, a means to an end..
That amiibo set up is the best look I've seen yet...

Has it been established whether those Dark Souls figs were GK or not?

I think so, sadly...

1) Whoa...that's got to be tough to dust.

2) I'm assuming figure boobies are not permitted on the site? Either that, or a couple of those figures came with CENSORED accessories.

3) What did you use to set the detolf shelves at different heights? These...

clamp2.jpg
?

1) I dust every 1- 2 weeks, but ended up only doing the two shelves furthest away from the camera, the front two I still need to get to. It's not too bad, every time I get a new figure I tend to dust the shelf and move things, the more you handle the less it can settle. PVC figures can take a lot of dust and still get clean easy, it's the Sideshow an' Hot Toy stuff with fabric and more delicate paint that you have to worry the most about.

2) Nudity is not something you want to post on gaf, so I either have to censor the figures or just move them out of the camera when taking pics. I have nude art on most walls of my house, so not a big deal here but we gotta play by the rules of the site's we post on...

3) Yeah those are the bolts, very easy but time consuming to install, making sure each one's at the right height and that the glass sits just right was a pain, but worth it in the end.

Yeah if you could link the components that'd be great.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40278034/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119418/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80134048/

I had purchased 6 of the glass doors, 2 of the cabinets and 2 of the light strip packs. The cabinets are screwed together (screws included) and the shelves are fully adjustable. A word of advice: The doors are very heavy, make sure to have the cabinet(s) secured to the wall before you install the doors or you're going to have a bad time.

StayDead

Is there a big old list of the figures announced at wonfes anywhere? I want to make a list, but there's so many things to search through I'm not sure where to start o_o

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
While a Marth Nendo will be great, I'm honestly MOST looking forward to these girls!

da25231d2f51854305123f03983c788b1423383439_full.png

With the revitalization of their merch, I've been waiting for something like this to pop up :)

meijiko

There was a bunch of stuff announced that I'm excited for, but unless it's CCS or Ninendo it's probably not a must-buy for me.

That said, that Majora's Mask Link nendoroid has the potential to be the best nendoroid. Think of the masks, man.

Giolon

Did someone say cowgirl? (mildly nsfw)

A cowgirl doing potato farming? Well I'll be damned.

That doesn't look like a cow girl to me.

She's a farm girl.. with horns...?

I'm not sure where I was going with that pic. It's late and I'm so done for the night =/.

That's Maou from Maoyuu.

I'm gonna have to go over everything and make my own wishlist today. I don't think I've seen everything.

Wanderer5

Yeah, seeing Kaito get announced is making me consider buying the Miku version.

Damn I looking back at that one again.<.< She like the miku outside of the snow and racing mikus that caught my eye. Senbonzakura outfits are some of my favorite designs of the vocaloid crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom